Web Survey Bibliography
Purpose – This paper seeks to contribute to the internet marketing literature by examining the impact of flow on consumers' satisfaction, aroused feelings, website loyalty and word-of-mouth behaviours.
Design/methodology/approach – A self-administered online questionnaire was used for data collection through a market research firm which randomly selected individuals of its online panel. Participants were asked to recall a recent encounter with their preferred professional sport website and refer to that website regarding their answers. Data were gathered from 400 consumers from a variety of professional sporting teams. The variables under investigation in the study were measured using established scales from the marketing literature and adapted to the context of the study.
Findings – The results indicate that a compelling online experience related to sporting team websites as represented by flow experiences appears to be a driver of positive aroused feelings, higher satisfaction levels, as well as website loyalty and positive word-of-mouth of sport consumers.
Research limitations/implications – The sample of the study is restricted to consumer evaluations from a specific website-service context being the professional sport sector. The empirical relationships between flow, aroused feelings, consumer satisfaction, website loyalty and word of mouth reported in the study are tentative in the sense that they are based on cross-sectional data.
Practical implications – The study provides important implications for flow theory development and implications for internet marketing strategy, especially for professional sporting teams.
Originality/value – The paper adds to the literature by investigating the relationship between flow and consequent outcomes of encounters and experiences of sporting team websites. Little research has addressed flow, and its effect on aroused feelings, consumer satisfaction and website-related loyalty intentions, especially in the domain of professional sport websites.
Emerald (abstract) / (full text)
Web Survey Bibliography - Research on Internet (648)
- The Effect of Attempting to Recruit Respondents to a Web-Based Diary on Overall Response Rate; 2013; Cantave, M. A. Gentry, R. J.
- Are You Seeing What I am Seeing? Exploring Response Option Visual Design Effects With Eye-Tracking; 2013; Libman, A., Smyth, J. D., Olson, K.
- Tablets and Smartphones and Netbooks, Oh My! Effects of Device Type on Respondent Behavior; 2013; Ross, H., Mendelson, J., Lackey, M.
- Using Web Ex to Conduct Usability Testing of an On-Line Survey Instrument; 2013; Stettler, K.
- Online Fundraising Essentials, Second Edition; 2013; Stevenson, S. C.
- Tips for Evaluating Online Effectiveness; 2013; Stevenson, S. C.
- Worldwide online research spending; 2012
- The rise of the "connected viewer"; 2012; Smith, A., Boyles, J. L.
- The integration of facebook into class management: an exploratory study; 2012; Chou, P. N.
- Selection bias of internet panel surveys: A comparison with a paper-based survey and national governmental...; 2012; Tsuboi, S. et al.
- Research company spotlight - Mobile surveys; 2012
- Redeveloping the research section of Meningitis UK's website — A case study report; 2012; Witt, J. et al.
- Guide to social science data preparation. Best practice throughout the data life cycle; 2012
- Google et Médiamétrie créent une audience bimédia; 2012; Gonzales, P.
- Ebook readings jumps, print book reading declines; 2012; Rainie, L., Duggan, M.
- Better customer in sight in real time; 2012; Macdonald, E., Wilson, H. N., Konus, H.
- Better Answers to Basic Questions: Enhancing the accuracy of online reach and audience metrics; 2012; van Dam, P. H., van Ossenbruggen, R., Voorend, R.
- WebSM Study: Survey software features overview ; 2012; Vehovar, V.; Cehovin, G.; Kavcic, L.; Lenar, J.
- Web Panels; 2012; Bethlehem, J., Biffignandi, S.
- Challenges of assessing the quality of a prerecruited probability-based panel of internet users in...; 2012; Struminskaya, B., Kaczmirek, L.
- Deep Data: Qualitative Approaches to E-Research in the Digital Age; 2012; Salmons, J.
- The use of new technologies on the British Birth Cohort Studies; 2012; Calderwood, L.
- Opportunities and Challenges for the Digital Researcher; 2012; Blank, G., Morey, Y.
- Reliable Online Social Network Data Collection; 2012; Abdesslem, F. B., Parris, I., Henderson, T.
- Little experience with technology as a cause of nonresponse in online surveys; 2012; Struminskaya, B., Schaurer, I., Kaczmirek, L., Bandilla, W.
- The Impact of Mobilization Media on Off-Line and Online Participation: Are Mobilization Effects Medium...; 2012; Vissers, S., Hooghe, M., Stolle, D., Maheo, V.-A.
- Succinct Survey Measures of Web-Use Skills; 2012; Hargittai, E., Hsieh, Y. P.
- Where gamification came from and why it could be here to stay; 2012; Ewing, T.
- Gamification 101 - from theory to practice - part II ; 2012; Puleston, J.
- The impact of two-stage highly interesting questions on completion rates and data quality in online...; 2012; M, Hansen, J. M; Smith, S. M.
- User models as revealed in web-based research services; 2012; Bodoff, D., Raban, D.
- User agent; 2011
- Unpublisihed internal Google report on break off rates by device type; 2011; Callegaro, M.
- The GfK NOP Media Efficiency Panel; 2011; Moy, C. et al.
- Online survey research: Findings, Best practices, and future research; 2011
- GRE® program announces big benefits and big savings for GRE® test takers worldwide; 2011
- Google and Kantar develop measurement panel; 2011
- Going online with assessment; 2011; Burke, E. et al.
- Exploring the digital nation. Computer and Internet use at home; 2011
- Ethical issues in Internet research; 2011; Hoerger, M., Currell, C.
- ESOMAR AND CASRO submission to the W3C tracking protection working group - Market research techniques...; 2011
- A Methodological Inference towards the Quantification of Technological Frames ; 2011; Cachia, E., Camilleri, P.
- The Battle For Business Data: New Technologies Critical To Researchers' Arsenal; 2011; Anderson, J.
- A Comparison of Internet-Based Participant Recruitment Methods: Engaging the Hidden Population of Cannabis...; 2011; Temple, E. C., Brown, R. F.
- The Perils of Online Surveys; 2011; McCullough, P. R.
- Mixed methods designs in marketing research; 2011; Harrison, R. L., Reilly, T. M.
- Development and Validation of a Web-Based Questionnaire for Surveying Skydivers; 2011; Nilsson, J.; Friden, C.; Buren, V.; Ang, B.
- Facebook sampling methods: some methodological proposals; 2011; Macrì, E., Tessitore, C.
- Survey Says? A Primer on Web-Based Survey Design and Distribution; 2011; Oppenheimer, A. J., Pannucci, C. J., Kasten, S. J., Haase, S. C.
- Improving online surveys; 2011; Puleston, J.