Web Survey Bibliography
In the world of commercial market research, online data collection has grown rapidly in the last decade to become the preferred option in many markets. However, for good reason, print audience measurement has been slower to follow. Few markets have moved their readership studies wholly online. However, the widespread acceptance of online as a viable data collection tool and the growing pressure on response rates mean that it is increasingly under consideration for full or partial adoption on many readership studies worldwide.
Much published work focuses on sample design, the use of panels and potential bias. However, relatively little has looked ateffective web questionnaire design and respondent engagement within the context of readership measurement. This paper will explore the core principles of best practice online questionnaire design within a highly evolved and advanced digital world. We will make suggestions as to how these principles might be adopted in both custom and audience measurement research. Finally, we identify and consider the particular challenges in marrying the digital evolution with the need for robust and nationally representative readership studies.
Conference Homepage (abstract) / (full text)
Web Survey Bibliography - Worldwide Readership Research Symposia (17)
- Online Print Publications And The Viabiity Of Charging For On Line Content ; 2009; Vogel, J., Lee-LeGassick, K., Shullman, B., D’Amico, T.
- Measuring Internet And Press Audience In The Media Convergence Era. In Search Of A New Paradigm In Researching...; 2009; Pawlak, J., Póltorak, M.
- The Decline And Fall Of The Response Rate: The Fightback ; 2009; Green, A., Staplehurst, S., Windle, R.
- Internet Measurement of Ad-noting: Sampling and Statistical Issues; 2009; Frankel, M. R., Baim, J., Galin, M., Agresti, J., Augemberg, K.
- A Structured Approach For Reducing Bias In Surveys Using Online Access Panels ; 2009; Farrer, N., Dayan, Y.
- In Search of Readers: A Brave New World For Researches; 2009; Crassweller, A., Rogers, J., Williams, D.
- Audipresse Premium: Using The Internet To Help Measure Press Readership ; 2009; Saint-Joanis, G., Néraudau, J.
- Questionnaire Intelligence: New Rules Of Engagement For Online Survey Design ; 2009; McMahon, L., Stamp, R.
- Presenting Publications in Online Print Audience Questionnaires; 2009; Carroll, J., Collins, S., Farrer, N.
- Can Lengthy Surveys Work Online? The Experience of TGI GB; 2009; Greene, D., Impedovo, D.
- Methodological Tests On Online Research: Incidence Of Formal Aspects/Questionnaire Layout On The Results...; 2009; Schmutz, B., Lê Van Truoc, O.
- Online Interviewing through Access Panel: Quantity and Quality Assurance; 2009; Petric, I., Appel, M., de Leeuw, E. D.
- Sample Surveys Based on Internet Panels: 8 Years of Learning; 2009; Baim, J., Galin, M., Frankel, M. R., Becker, R., Agresti, J.
- ONLINE DATA COLLECTION – SOLUTION OR BAND-AID?; 2007; Crassweller, A., Williams, D., Thompson, I.
- EMBRACING TECHNOLOGY IN READERSHIP SURVEYS; 2007; Impedovo, D., Greene, D.
- MAGAZINE EFFECTIVENESS NOW DIRECTLY OBSERVABLE; 2007; Green, M.
- THE READERSHIP CURRENCY: DUTCH DESIGN How a new methodology for AIR measurement opens up new perspectives...; 2007; Petric, I., Appel, M.