Web Survey Bibliography
In an era when the press is experiencing difficulties in the advertising market, AudiPresse, the company responsible for measuring press readership in France, wanted to provide editors and advertisers with a new survey based on readers from the higher ends of the social spectrum: executives and people from high-income households. The objectives of this new survey are technical as well as operational. First and foremost, the survey needed to successfully measure the number of readers from the target audiences in accordance with the highest international standards (recruitment method, how the questionnaire was administered and how the audience was calculated). We also needed to create a tool to help editors enhance their publications and get the most out of the people who are the core business of a powerful and selective press industry.
The ultimate challenge of this survey was to bring together the two target audiences (executives and high-income individuals) which are currently separated on a merely superficial level. In fact, current communication channels, the acceleration of decision-making processes, the merging of private and public spheres, personal and professional lives, cast doubt on the separation of the “press reading” phenomenon into two sub-phenomena, a personal one and a professional one. This is why we chose to put together a single population group to whom we would distribute one questionnaire.
Once this had been decided, these strategic choices would present a number of problems including, among others:
- Identifying the target populations
- Defining a recruitment method which would combine businesses and households
- Avoiding wasting time with overlapping the gathering of information for recruitment and the questionnaire itself
- Sharing a field with a complex design
Conference Homepage (abstract) / (full text)
Web Survey Bibliography - 2009 (625)
- Statistical disclosure control for survey data; 2009; Skinner, C.
- Sampling of populations: methods and applications, 4th Edition; 2009; Levy, P. S., Lemeshow, S.
- Response format effects on measurement of employment; 2009; Thomas, R. K., Dillman, D. A., Smyth, J. D.
- Recovering the scientist-practitioner model: How IOs should respond to unproctored internet testing; 2009; Beaty, J. C. et al.
- Preserving the integrity of online testing; 2009; Burke, E.
- Mobile surveys from a technological perspective; 2009; Pferdekämper, T., Batanic, B.
- MarketTools TrueSample; 2009
- ISO 26362 Access panels in market, opinion, and social research-Vocabulary and service requirements; 2009
- Introduction to meta-analysis; 2009; Borenstein, M. et al.
- Internet alternatives to traditional proctored testing: Where are we now?; 2009; Tippins, N. T.
- Global market research 2009; 2009
- Getting data for (business) statistics: What's new? What's next?; 2009; Snijkers, G.
- From the Editor; 2009; Sackett, P. R.
- Exploring mode effects in a panel survey of new businesses; 2009; Santos, B., DesRoches, D.
- Dirty little secrets of online panels. And how the one you select can make or break your study; 2009
- comScore Media Metrix U.S. Methodlogy. An ARF research review; 2009; Cook, W. A., Pettit, R.
- Computing weights for the American National Election Study survey data; 2009; Debell, M., Krosnick, J. A.
- Cheating on proctored tests: The other side of the unproctored debate; 2009; Drasgow, F., Nye, C. D., Guo, J., Tay, L.
- Can we make official statistics with self-selection web surveys?; 2009; Bethlehem, J.
- Attitudes over time: The psychology of panel conditioning; 2009; Sturgis, P., Allum, N., Brunton-Smith, I.
- Association collaborative effort releases online research definitions, expands membership; 2009
- The Effect of Phrasing Scale Items in Low-Brow or High-Brow Language on Responses; 2009; Blasius, J., Friedrichs, J.
- Question and Questionnaire Design; 2009; Krosnick, J. A., Presser, S.
- Attrition in Consumer Panels; 2009; Tortora, R. D.
- Sample Design for Understanding Society ; 2009; Lynn, P.
- The 2008 Confirmit Annual Market Research Software Survey; 2009; Macer, T.; Wilson, Sheila
- Predicting Tie Strength With Social Media; 2009; Gilbert, E., Karahalios, K.
- A Special Report from the Advertising Research Foundation - The Foundations of Quality Initiative: A...; 2009; Walker, R., Pettit, R., Rubinson, J.
- Social Network Services as Data Sources and Platforms for e-Researching Social Networks; 2009; Ackland, R.
- A Web-Based Tool for Assessing and Improving the Usefulness of Community Health Assessments; 2009; Stoto, M. A., Straus, S. G., Bohn, C., Irani, P.
- The rise of survey sampling; 2009; Bethlehem, J.
- Using an ABS frame to recruit a probability-based online panel; 2009; DiSogra, C.
- Address Based Sampling: How to Do It, Practical Tips; 2009; Dutwin, D.
- Use of Incentives in Survey Research; 2009; Lavrakas, P. J.
- Stochastic properties of the Internet sample; 2009; Getka-Wilczynska, E.
- Continuous Measurement of Musically-Induced Emotion: A Web Experiment ; 2009; Egermann, H., Nagel, F., Altenmueller, E., Kopiez, R.
- Piloting Data Collection via Cell Phones: Results, Experiences, and Lessons Learned; 2009; ZuWallack, R. S.
- E-epidemiology : Adapting epidemiological methods for the 21st century; 2009; Bexelius, C.
- Survey results as incentives in online panels. Unpublished manuscript; 2009; Goeritz, A.
- Computing response metrics for online panels; 2009; Callegaro, M., DiSogra, C.
- Web based survey: an emerging tool; 2009; Srivenkataramana, T., Saisree, M.
- The Use of Online Methodologies in Data Collection for Gambling and Gaming Addictions; 2009; Griffiths, M. D.
- Designing and Implementing a Career Retrospective Web-based Survey of Library and Information Science...; 2009; Morgan, J. C., Marshall, J. G., Marshall, V., Thompson, C.
- Metadata-Driven Survey Design; 2009; Iverson, J.
- Questasy: Online Survey Data Dissemination Using DDI 3; 2009; de Bruijne, M., Amin, A.
- Methodeneffekte von Web-Befragungen: Soziale Erwünschtheit vs. Soziale Entkontextualisierung; 2009; Taddicken, M.
- Response Mode and Bias Analysis in the IRS’ Individual Taxpayer Burden Survey; 2009; Brick, J. M., Contos, G.,Masken, K.,Nord, R.
- Survey Mode Effects in Two Military Surveys; 2009; Yang, M., Falcone, A. E., Milan, L. M.
- Online Print Publications And The Viabiity Of Charging For On Line Content ; 2009; Vogel, J., Lee-LeGassick, K., Shullman, B., D’Amico, T.
- Measuring Internet And Press Audience In The Media Convergence Era. In Search Of A New Paradigm In Researching...; 2009; Pawlak, J., Póltorak, M.