Web Survey Bibliography
Questasy is a web application developed to manage the dissemination of data and metadata for survey projects. It was primarily developed for the LISS Data Archive, but was designed to be repurposed for other archives as well. The application has been operational since 2009 and its external web interface can be viewed at: www.lissdata.nl.
Questasy manages both metadata and data and provides an easy-to-use data entry module for administrators to create metadata. The external web interface allows researchers to browse and search the metadata and download datasets. The Questasy system also manages files, tracks downloads, and creates web pages for viewing documentation including studies, concepts, questions and variables. Due to the longitudinal nature of many of the LISS panel studies, the ability to track questions and variables throughout a study was a key requirement of the system. To support this, DDI 3 was chosen as the basis for the structure of the application, from the underlying database to the generated web pages.
This paper describes the main functionality of Questasy and how we designed and implemented the system.
Journal Homepage (abstract) / (full text)
Web Survey Bibliography - Internet access Panels (467)
- ELIPSS: A New Mobile Web Panel for Social Scientists; 2011; Lesnard, L.
- Concept and Structure of the “German Internet Panel” (GIP); 2011; Blom, A. G., Gathmann, C., Riepe, C.
- Results from the Iterative Usability Testing of the American Community Survey (ACS); 2011; Ashenfelter, K. T., Hughes, T.
- Image effects on online survey respondents; 2011; Marinica, B.
- Usability testing of market research questionnaires; 2011; Coombe, R., Jarrett, C., Johnson, A.
- Applying maximum entropy weighting to on line panel data collection; 2011; Bianchi, A., Biffignandi, S., Hartmann, E., Sekhon, J.
- A Comparison Web Study to Examine Panel Reuse Effects in an Advertising Tracking Study; 2011; Brewer, L., Jacobe, A., Marsh, S. M., Turner, S., Vakalia, F.
- Quality of a probability-based online panel for the social sciences in Germany: first results.; 2011; Bandilla, W., Kaczmirek, L., Schaurer, I., Struminskaya, B.
- Answer behavior in a probability based internet panel; 2011; Vis, C., Wijnant, A.
- Can Tailor-made Questions Motivate Respondents in an Internet Panel?; 2011; Oudejans, M.
- Why do Internet panel members become inactive and how can they be re-activated?; 2011; Scherpenzeel, A.
- Noncoverage and Nonresponse in a Probability Based Mixed-Mode Access Panel; 2011; Bartsch, S., Engel, U., Vehre, H.,
- Surveying the General Population: Coverage bias in European Web Surveys; 2011; de Leeuw, E. D., Hox, J., Mohorko, A.
- Examination of Panel Conditioning Effects in a Web-Based 2007-2008 Election Study.; 2011; Dennis, J. M., Kruse, Y., Tompson, T.
- Response Quantity, Response Quality, and Costs of Building an Online Panel via Social Contacts.; 2011; Toepoel, V.
- The Use of Web Panels to Characterize Rare Conditions.; 2011; Boyle, J.
- Same Family, Different Planet: Comparing the Views of Teens and Parents on Their Relationship and Potential...; 2011; Vaughan, R., Feinstein, E. C., Peugh, J., Shand-Lubbers, J.
- Category Selection Probing in Online Access Panels.; 2011; Behr, D., Kaczmirek, L., Braun, M., Bandilla, W.
- Results of a Survey Experiment on Frequency Reporting: Religious Service Attendance from the 2010 ANES...; 2011; Debell, M., Figueroa, L.
- Are you who you say you are? Using a Multisource Cross-validation Methodology for Panel Membership Information...; 2011; Rao, K., Dolson, T., Kinnucan, M.
- Differential Sampling Based on Historical Individual-Level Data in Online Panels.; 2011; Kelly, R. H.
- How Can We Believe What They Say? The Role of Missing and Validating Data in Panelists; 2011; Rao, K.
- Re-Examining the Validity of Different Survey Modes for Measuring Public Opinion in the U.S.: Findings...; 2011; Ansolabehere, S.; Fraga, B.; Schaffner, B. F.
- Does question order influence sensitivity to scope? Empirical findings from a web-based contingent valuation...; 2011; Nielsen, J. S., Kjaer, T.
- Formative Research on MySpace: Online Methods to Engage Hard-to-Reach Populations ; 2011; Levine, D., Madsen, A., Wright, E., Barar, R. E., Santelli, J., Bull, S.
- Estimating Propensity Adjustments for Volunteer Web Surveys; 2011; Valliant, R. L., Dever, J. A.
- Use these five Web-based approaches to shrink your research timelines, costs ; 2011; Cutler, A. D.
- Online qualitative approaches: an appraisal; 2011; Parker, K.
- The impact of next and back buttons on time to complete and measurement reliability in computer-based...; 2010; Gershon, R. C. et al.
- Research synthesis. AAPOR report on online panels; 2010; Brick, J. M. et al.
- Recruiting probability samples for a multi-mode research panel with Internet and mail components; 2010; Rao, K.
- Real ID. State of The Art Representative and Repeatable Online Samples. Behaviorally Profiled Respondents...; 2010; Gittelman, S. H., Trimarchi, E.
- Overview of data collection methodology; 2010
- Machines that lean how to code open ended survey data; 2010; Esuli, A., Sebastiani, F.
- Ekos' observation of MRIA study - Canadian online panels: similar or different?; 2010
- The Future of Internet Research; 2010; Lavrakas, P. J.
- Why are we trying to create new communities for market research purposes?; 2010; Pearson, C., Kateley, V.
- Online panel survey, Change and stability of political attitudes; 2010
- The Internet, Electoral Politics and Citizen Participation in Global Perspective; 2010; Gibson, R., Cantijoch, M.
- Challenges in Reaching Hard-to-Reach Groups in Internet Panel Research; 2010; Marchand, M., Vis, C.
- How Representative Are Online Panels? Problems of Coverage and Selection and Possible Solutions; 2010; Bethlehem, J., Scherpenzeel, A.
- True Longitudinal and Probability-Based Internet Panels: Evidence from the Netherlands; 2010; Das, M., Scherpenzeel, A.
- Continuity and Innovation in the Design of Understanding Society: the UK Household Longitudinal Study...; 2010; Laurie, H.
- Understanding Society Innovation Panel Wave 2: Results from Methodological Experiments ; 2010; Burton, J., Laurie, H., Uhrig, S.C. N.
- Update on the ARF’s Quality Enhancement Process (QeP); 2010; Pettit, R.
- From clipboards to online research communities; 2010; Poynter, R., Cierpicki, S., Lorch, J., Zuo, B., Davis, C., Eddy, C.
- Digital, Social Moms: Using Social Media to Increase Respondent Engagement and Decrease Recruiting Costs...; 2010; Stemberg, C., Rimmer, L., Weinstein, D.
- How is Emerging Technology/Web 2.0 Changing Gathering Consumer Feedback and the Delivery of Data? ; 2010; Price, K., Patel, N.
- Factorial Design on Survey Router Configuration Effect by Sample Source; 2010; Fawson, B., Johnson, E. P.
- Participant Satisfaction and Panel Member Retention; 2010; Portner, A.