Web Survey Bibliography
As with print and broadcast media, a contact and distribution measurement is also required for the World Wide Web. In the field of print media, circulation is calculated. In principle, the instrument is fairly simple. The publishing houses that wish to claim audited circulations register their circulations, as evident in their bookkeeping, with an ABC (Audit Bureau of Circulation). In Germany, the only institution of this kind is called IVW (Information Organization for the Registration of the Distribution of Advertising Vehicles). For their part, the ABCs publish the numbers and inspect the data. In some countries the data is available on a cost basis, in others the data is free of charge. This is a total census. The results are often referred to as a value for calculating advertising rates, yet, in the case of audience research, only provide marginal indications (see McQuail, 1998).
Web Survey Bibliography - Online Social Sciences, Batinic, B., Reips, U.D., Bosnjak, M. (Eds.), Hogrefe & Huber: Cambridge (17)
- Assessing Internet Questionnaires: The online pretest lab; 2002; Graef, L.
- Understanding the Willingness to Participate in Online-Surveys - The case of E-mail questionnaires; 2002; Bosnjak, M., Batinic, B.
- Psychological Experimenting on the World Wide Web: Investigating content effects in syllogistic reasoning...; 2002; Musch, J., Klauer, K. C.
- Contact Measurement in the WWW; 2002; Werner, A.
- Content Analysis in Online Communication: A challenge for traditional methodology; 2002; Rossler, P.
- Comparison of psychologists' self image and their image in the Internet and in print; 2002; Rietz, I., Wahl, S.
- Online Research and Anonymity; 2002; Sassenberg, K., Kreutz, S.
- Empirically Quantifying Unit-Nonresponse-Errors in Online-Surveys and Suggestions for Computational...; 2002; Lukawetz, G.
- Internet Surveys and Data Quality - A Review; 2002; Tuten, T. L., Urban, D.J., Bosnjak, M.
- Forms of Research in MUDs; 2002; Utz, S.
- Web-Surveys - An Appropriate Mode of Data-Collection for the Social Sciences?; 2002; Bandilla, W.
- Generalizability Issues in Internet-Based Survey Research: Implications for the Internet Addiction Controversy...; 2002; Bremer, J.
- Online Panels; 2002; Reinhold, N., Batinic, B., Goeritz, A.
- Personality Assessment via Internet: Comparing Online and Paper-and-Pencil Questionnaires; 2002; Hertel, G., Naumann, S., Konradt, U., Batinic, B.
- Context Effects in Web-Surveys; 2002; Reips, U. -D.
- Theory and techniques of conducting Web experiments; 2002; Reips, U. -D.
- Ability and achievement testing on the world wide web; 2001; Wilhelm, O., McKnight, P. E.