Web Survey Bibliography
Historically, the National Survey of Recent College Graduates (NSRCG) has noted differences in survey response rate by sample members’ race/ethnicity, U.S. residency status and academic major. In 2006, for example, the unweighted response rates for minority sample members averaged about 62 percent, compared to 75 percent for non-Hispanic white sample members. Also in that same year, only 51 percent
of sample members with foreign addresses completed the survey, compared to 70 percent of those with U.S. addresses. Differences of five or more percentage points were also found across academic majors.
The NSRCG is a multimode survey of approximately 18,000 randomly selected recent college graduates. In 2008 NSRCG, a web survey option was made available for the entire duration of the survey for the first time. Also in 2008, NSRCG embedded an experiment that offered variations in timing and amount of incentives and a web response option. Sample members were randomly assigned to various incentive and web option groups. This paper examines impact of incentives and web response option on increasing
the survey completion rates among the sample groups with historically low survey responses. It takes advantage of an incentive experiment built into the study and compares rate of response among these subgroups by incentives offered and use of the web option.
Conference Homepage (abstract)
Web Survey Bibliography - 2010 (397)
- Accounting for the effects of data collection modes in population surveys; 2010; Huang, Y. C., Thompson, M. E., Boudreau, C., Fong, G. T.
- Using administrative data to find the best medium: Examples of mixed sources and mixed modes; 2010; Hartkamp, J., Rutjes, H.
- Broadband adoption and use in America; 2010; Horrigan, J.
- Applied survey data analysis; 2010; Heeringa, S. G., West, B. T., Berglund, P.
- Applied missing data analysis; 2010; Enders, C. K.
- Application of a check-all-that-apply question for the evaluation of strawberry cultivars from a breeding...; 2010; Lado, J., Vicente, E., Manzzioni, A., Ares, G.
- Address-based sampling. Merits, design & implementation, and review of field statistics; 2010; Fahimi, M.
- AAPOR code for professional ethics and practices; 2010
- A framework for understanding and applying ethical principles in network and security research; 2010; Kenneally, E., Bailey, M., Maughan, D.
- Using Online Surveys to Assess Information Needs of Healthcare Professionals in Low Resource Settings...; 2010; Ohkubo, S., Sullivan, T.
- Organizational Survey of Workplace Climate: Differences in Representation Across Response Modes; 2010; Mohr, D., Osatuke, K., Moore, S., Yanovsky, B., Brassell, T., Nagy, M.
- Strategies for High Response Rates Among Hard-to-Reach Respondents: A Case Study From the Communities...; 2010; Fox, L., Mulvey, C., Yamaguchi, R., Levin, M.
- Innovative mobile research in developing countries; 2010; Bellity, E.
- Mobile location based research: Cross cultural examination of coffee culture; 2010; Morden, M., Ferneyhough, C., Grenville, A.
- Online research….and all that Jazz!; 2010; Gittelman, S. H., Trimarchi, E.
- Why are we trying to create new communities for market research purposes?; 2010; Pearson, C., Kateley, V.
- Maximizing online respondent engagement through a game-way research design; 2010; Swahar, G., Swahar, J.
- Designing questions for mixed mode data collection: What have we learnt so far?; 2010; Nicolaas, G., Campanelli, P.
- Online panel survey, Change and stability of political attitudes; 2010
- The Internet, Electoral Politics and Citizen Participation in Global Perspective; 2010; Gibson, R., Cantijoch, M.
- Improving web and electronic questionnaries: The case of audit trails.; 2010; Snijkers, G., Morren, M.
- Handbook of Survey Research; 2010; Marsden, P. V., Wright, J. D.
- Internet-Based Measurement With Visual Analogue Scales: An Experimental Investigation; 2010; Funke, F.
- Use of Eye Tracking for Studying Survey Response Processes; 2010; Galesic, M., Yan, T.
- Internet Survey Paradata; 2010; Heerwegh, D.
- Challenges in Reaching Hard-to-Reach Groups in Internet Panel Research; 2010; Marchand, M., Vis, C.
- Measuring Attitudes Toward Controversial Issues in Internet Surveys: Order Effects of Open and Closed...; 2010; Ester, P., Vinken, H.
- Using Interactive Features to Motivate and Probe Responses to Open-Ended Questions; 2010; Oudejans, M., Christian, L. M.
- How Visual Design Affects the Interpretability of Survey Questions; 2010; Toepoel, V., Dillman, D. A.
- Ethical Considerations in Internet Surveys; 2010; Singer, E., Couper, M. P.
- How Representative Are Online Panels? Problems of Coverage and Selection and Possible Solutions; 2010; Bethlehem, J., Scherpenzeel, A.
- True Longitudinal and Probability-Based Internet Panels: Evidence from the Netherlands; 2010; Das, M., Scherpenzeel, A.
- Internet Surveys as Part of a Mixed-Mode Design; 2010; de Leeuw, E. D., Hox, J.
- Internet Survey Methods: A Review of Strengths, Weaknesses, and Innovations; 2010; Smyth, J. D., Pearson, J. E.
- Continuity and Innovation in the Design of Understanding Society: the UK Household Longitudinal Study...; 2010; Laurie, H.
- Weighting Strategy for Understanding Society; 2010; Lynn, P., Kaminska, O.
- Globalpark Annual Market Research Software Survey 2009; 2010; Macer, T.; Wilson, Sheila
- Lessons from a Randomised Experiment with Mixed-Mode Designs for a Household Panel Survey; 2010; Lynn, P., Uhrig, S.C. N., Burton, J.
- Understanding Society Innovation Panel Wave 2: Results from Methodological Experiments ; 2010; Burton, J., Laurie, H., Uhrig, S.C. N.
- Offering a Web Option in a Mail Survey of Young Adults: Impact on Survey Quality; 2010; Turner, S., Viera Jr., L., Marsh, S. M.
- Using Web-Hosted Surveys to Obtain Responses from Extension Clients: A Cautionary Tale.; 2010; Israel, G. D.
- Mobile Experience Sampling: Reaching the Parts of Facebook Other Methods Cannot Reach; 2010; Abdesslem, F. B., Parris, I., Henderson, T.
- Investigating Data Quality in Cell Phone Surveying; 2010; Lavrakas, P. J., Tompson, T., Benford, R.
- Beyond the Usability Lab: Conducting Large-scale Online User Experience Studies; 2010; Albert, W., Tullis, T., Tedesco, D.
- Walking in Facebook: A Case Study of Unbiased Sampling of OSNs; 2010; Gjoka, M., Kurant, M., Butts, C. T., Markopoulou, A.
- Social Networking Sites: Evaluating and Investigating their use in Academic Research; 2010; Redmond, F.
- Update on the ARF’s Quality Enhancement Process (QeP); 2010; Pettit, R.
- Quality Matters – Now And Especially Tomorrow; 2010; Dedeker, K.
- Measuring selection bias introduced by routing; 2010; Porter, S., de Gaudemar, O., Kimura, M.
- Quantifying the Impact of Survey Design Parameters on Respondent Engagement and Data Quality; 2010; Suresh, N., Conklin, M.