Web Survey Bibliography
The Face-to-Face Recruited Internet Survey Platform (FFRISP) is an internet survey panel that attempted
to collect information that is representative of the general American population, while drawing on the
advantages of working with such a panel, namely, obtaining data more quickly, more accurately, and less
costly than using interviewer administered survey modes.
The goal of the research described in this presentation is to examine the accuracy of the FFRISP by
comparing survey estimates generated from it to those of the National Health and Nutrition examination
supplement (NHANES) and from supplement surveys of the Current Population Survey (CPS). Survey
data from the CPS and the NHANES have been used as benchmarks for behavioral data. Both surveys
are conducted through interviewer-administered surveys on very large samples of individuals, with high
response rate outcomes.
The paper starts by comparing distributions of questions about health, physical activities, and mood
disorders—-such as general self-perceived health, biking to work, or depression feelings—-across the
NHANES and FFRISP surveys. It then compares distributions of identically worded items about shopping
behavior across the CPS Food Security supplement and FFRISP surveys. These comparisons will be
made looking at full sample distributions, as well as at distributions of subsamples (e.g., respondents with
lower education vs. respondents with higher education). The paper will then compare whether
associations between variables are similar across these surveys. Similarities and differences between the
findings generated with FFRISP data and those generated with CPS and NHANES data will be
Conference Homepage (abstract)
Web Survey Bibliography - 2010 (406)
- Conducting biosocial surveys: Collecting, storing, accessing, and protecting biospecimens and biodata...; 2010; Hauser, R. M. et al.
- Drag & Drop. A flexible method for moving objects, implementing rankings, and a wide range of other...; 2010; Neubarth, W.
- Disclosure standards; 2010
- Digital Nation: 21st century America’s progress toward universal broadband Internet access; 2010
- Movie Mobile Polls: Does Survey Mode Make a Difference?; 2010; Williams, D.
- The Future of Internet Research; 2010; Lavrakas, P. J.
- AAPOR Report on Online Panels; 2010; Rivers, D.
- Comparing the quality of data from postal and online questionnaires; 2010; Smith, A. B., King, M. T., Butow, P., Olver, I.
- Accounting for the effects of data collection modes in population surveys; 2010; Huang, Y. C., Thompson, M. E., Boudreau, C., Fong, G. T.
- Using administrative data to find the best medium: Examples of mixed sources and mixed modes; 2010; Hartkamp, J., Rutjes, H.
- Broadband adoption and use in America; 2010; Horrigan, J.
- Applied survey data analysis; 2010; Heeringa, S. G., West, B. T., Berglund, P.
- Applied missing data analysis; 2010; Enders, C. K.
- Application of a check-all-that-apply question for the evaluation of strawberry cultivars from a breeding...; 2010; Lado, J., Vicente, E., Manzzioni, A., Ares, G.
- Address-based sampling. Merits, design & implementation, and review of field statistics; 2010; Fahimi, M.
- AAPOR code for professional ethics and practices; 2010
- A framework for understanding and applying ethical principles in network and security research; 2010; Kenneally, E., Bailey, M., Maughan, D.
- Using Online Surveys to Assess Information Needs of Healthcare Professionals in Low Resource Settings...; 2010; Ohkubo, S., Sullivan, T.
- Organizational Survey of Workplace Climate: Differences in Representation Across Response Modes; 2010; Mohr, D., Osatuke, K., Moore, S., Yanovsky, B., Brassell, T., Nagy, M.
- Strategies for High Response Rates Among Hard-to-Reach Respondents: A Case Study From the Communities...; 2010; Fox, L., Mulvey, C., Yamaguchi, R., Levin, M.
- Innovative mobile research in developing countries; 2010; Bellity, E.
- Mobile location based research: Cross cultural examination of coffee culture; 2010; Morden, M., Ferneyhough, C., Grenville, A.
- Online research….and all that Jazz!; 2010; Gittelman, S. H., Trimarchi, E.
- Why are we trying to create new communities for market research purposes?; 2010; Pearson, C., Kateley, V.
- Maximizing online respondent engagement through a game-way research design; 2010; Swahar, G., Swahar, J.
- Designing questions for mixed mode data collection: What have we learnt so far?; 2010; Nicolaas, G., Campanelli, P.
- Online panel survey, Change and stability of political attitudes; 2010
- The Internet, Electoral Politics and Citizen Participation in Global Perspective; 2010; Gibson, R., Cantijoch, M.
- Improving web and electronic questionnaries: The case of audit trails.; 2010; Snijkers, G., Morren, M.
- Handbook of Survey Research; 2010; Marsden, P. V., Wright, J. D.
- Internet-Based Measurement With Visual Analogue Scales: An Experimental Investigation; 2010; Funke, F.
- Use of Eye Tracking for Studying Survey Response Processes; 2010; Galesic, M., Yan, T.
- Internet Survey Paradata; 2010; Heerwegh, D.
- Challenges in Reaching Hard-to-Reach Groups in Internet Panel Research; 2010; Marchand, M., Vis, C.
- Measuring Attitudes Toward Controversial Issues in Internet Surveys: Order Effects of Open and Closed...; 2010; Ester, P., Vinken, H.
- Using Interactive Features to Motivate and Probe Responses to Open-Ended Questions; 2010; Oudejans, M., Christian, L. M.
- How Visual Design Affects the Interpretability of Survey Questions; 2010; Toepoel, V., Dillman, D. A.
- Ethical Considerations in Internet Surveys; 2010; Singer, E., Couper, M. P.
- How Representative Are Online Panels? Problems of Coverage and Selection and Possible Solutions; 2010; Bethlehem, J., Scherpenzeel, A.
- True Longitudinal and Probability-Based Internet Panels: Evidence from the Netherlands; 2010; Das, M., Scherpenzeel, A.
- Internet Surveys as Part of a Mixed-Mode Design; 2010; de Leeuw, E. D., Hox, J.
- Internet Survey Methods: A Review of Strengths, Weaknesses, and Innovations; 2010; Smyth, J. D., Pearson, J. E.
- Continuity and Innovation in the Design of Understanding Society: the UK Household Longitudinal Study...; 2010; Laurie, H.
- Weighting Strategy for Understanding Society; 2010; Lynn, P., Kaminska, O.
- Globalpark Annual Market Research Software Survey 2009; 2010; Macer, T.; Wilson, S.
- Lessons from a Randomised Experiment with Mixed-Mode Designs for a Household Panel Survey; 2010; Lynn, P., Uhrig, S.C. N., Burton, J.
- Understanding Society Innovation Panel Wave 2: Results from Methodological Experiments ; 2010; Burton, J., Laurie, H., Uhrig, S.C. N.
- Offering a Web Option in a Mail Survey of Young Adults: Impact on Survey Quality; 2010; Turner, S., Viera Jr., L., Marsh, S. M.
- Using Web-Hosted Surveys to Obtain Responses from Extension Clients: A Cautionary Tale.; 2010; Israel, G. D.
- Mobile Experience Sampling: Reaching the Parts of Facebook Other Methods Cannot Reach; 2010; Abdesslem, F. B., Parris, I., Henderson, T.