Web Survey Bibliography
The Face-to-Face Recruited Internet Survey Platform (FFRISP) is an internet survey panel that attempted
to collect information that is representative of the general American population, while drawing on the
advantages of working with such a panel, namely, obtaining data more quickly, more accurately, and less
costly than using interviewer administered survey modes.
The goal of the research described in this presentation is to examine the accuracy of the FFRISP by
comparing survey estimates generated from it to those of the National Health and Nutrition examination
supplement (NHANES) and from supplement surveys of the Current Population Survey (CPS). Survey
data from the CPS and the NHANES have been used as benchmarks for behavioral data. Both surveys
are conducted through interviewer-administered surveys on very large samples of individuals, with high
response rate outcomes.
The paper starts by comparing distributions of questions about health, physical activities, and mood
disorders—-such as general self-perceived health, biking to work, or depression feelings—-across the
NHANES and FFRISP surveys. It then compares distributions of identically worded items about shopping
behavior across the CPS Food Security supplement and FFRISP surveys. These comparisons will be
made looking at full sample distributions, as well as at distributions of subsamples (e.g., respondents with
lower education vs. respondents with higher education). The paper will then compare whether
associations between variables are similar across these surveys. Similarities and differences between the
findings generated with FFRISP data and those generated with CPS and NHANES data will be
Conference Homepage (abstract)
Web Survey Bibliography - Health (468)
- Using Online Panels for National Surveys of Low Incidence Populations: Findings from the CDC Influenza...; 2012; Boyle, J., Ball, S., Ding, H., Srinath, K. P., Euler, G.
- Sleep Diary Feasibility and Mode Study: Paper Vs. Electronic; 2012; Brown, J.
- Survey Mode Preference among Enrollees in the World Trade Center Health Registry; 2012; Yu, S., Brackbill, R., Walker, D., Turner, L., Farfel, M., Stellman, S., Miller, S., Li, J.
- Disentangling Mode and Nonresponse Effects in the World Trade Center Health Registry; 2012; Murphy, J., Brackbill, R., Yu, S., Wu, D., Walker, D., Turner, L., Stellman, S., Miller, S., Saleska...
- Viability of Using Facebook to Increase Response Rates in an ABS Survey; 2012; Ruggiere, P., Sams, A., Niermann, A., Romero, E.
- Drop-Off Point for Undergraduate Students on a Web-based Alcohol and Tobacco Use Questionnaire; 2012; Mitra, A.
- Dual Frame Sample and Mixed Mode Survey Strategy for Improving Coverage Error; 2012; Tarnai, J., Pfingst, L., Solet, D.
- Survey non-response in an internet-mediated, longitudinal autism research study; 2012; Cohen, C., Lehmann, H., G., Law, P.Kalb, L. G.
- Comparability of Internet and telephone data in a survey on the respiratory health of children; 2012; Plante, C. Jacques, L., Chevalier, S., Fournier, M.
- Online and Paper-Based: A Mixed-Method Approach to Conducting a Needs Assessment Survey of Physicians...; 2012; Olatunbosun, T., Wu, C., Grewal, G., Lynn, B.
- Active-Q: Validation of the Web-Based Physical Activity Questionnaire Using Doubly Labeled Water; 2012; Bonn, S. E., Trolle-Lagerros, Y., Christensen, S. E., Moeller, E., Wright, A., Sjoelander, A., Baelter...
- Validation of an online questionnaire measure of the relative reinforcing value of food; 2012; Reslan, S., Saules, K. K., Greenwald, M. K.
- Monitoring Validated Quality of Life Outcomes After Prostatectomy: Initial Description of Novel Online...; 2012; Sebrow, D., Lavery, H. J., Brajtbord, J. S., Hobbs, A., W., Levinson, A. W.; Samadi, D. B.
- Validity and reproducibility of a web-based, self-administered food frequency questionnaire; 2012; Labonte, M. - E., Cyr, A., Baril-Gravel, L., Royer, M. - M., Lamarche, B.
- Validation of an Informant-Reported Web-Based Data Collection to Assess Dementia Symptoms; 2012; Rockwood, K., Zeng, A., Leibman, C., Mucha, L., Mitnitski, A.
- Web-Based Recruiting for Health Research Using a Social Networking Site: An Exploratory Study; 2012; Fenner, Y., Garland, P., Moore, E. E., Jayasinghe, Y., Fletcher, A., Tabrizi, S. N., Gunasekaran, B.,...
- Broad Reach and Targeted Recruitment Using Facebook for an Online Survey of Young Adult Substance Use...; 2012; Ramo, D. E., Prochaska, J. J.
- Use of incentives and web-based administration for surveying student alcohol and substance use in an...; 2012; Onoye, J. M., Goebert, D., Nishimura, S.
- Does survey format influence self-disclosure on sensitive question items?; 2012; Kays, K., Gathercoal, K., Buhrow, W.
- An Analysis of Response Rate and Economic Costs Between Mail and Web-Based Surveys Among Practicing...; 2012; Hardigan, P. C., Succar, C. T., Fleisher, J. M.
- Conducting Internet Research With the Transgender Population: Reaching Broad Samples and Collecting...; 2012; Miner, M. H., Bockting, W. O., Swinburne Romine, R., Raman, S.
- Question evaluation methods. Contributing to the science of data quality; 2011; Madans, J., Miller, K., Maitland, A., Willis, G. B.
- Knowledge Networks answers to ESOMAR's "25 Questions to Help Research Buyers"; 2011
- Evaluating the usability of personal digital assistants to collect behavioral data on adolescents with...; 2011; McClamroch, K. J
- Does mentioning "some people" and "other people" in a survey question increase the...; 2011; Yeager, D. S., Krosnick, J. A.
- A Comparison of Internet-Based Participant Recruitment Methods: Engaging the Hidden Population of Cannabis...; 2011; Temple, E. C., Brown, R. F.
- Equivalence of Measures of Xenophobia in Cross National Survey Research: Findings Based on a Web Probing...; 2011; Bandilla, W., Behr, D., Braun, M., Kaczmirek, L., Majer, S.
- Impact of Length or Relevance of Questionnaires on Attrition in Online Trials: Randomized Controlled...; 2011; McCambridge, J., Kalaitzaki, E., White, I. R., Khadjesari, Z., Murray, E., Linke, S., Thompson, S. G...
- Methodological Issues in Internet-Mediated Research: A Randomized Comparison of Internet Versus Mailed...; 2011; Whitehead, L.
- Surveying ourselves: examining the use of a web-based approach for a physician survey.; 2011; Matteson, K., Anderson, B. L., Pinto, S. B., Clark, M. A., Lopes, V., Schulkin, J.
- Does the Inclusion of a Cost Attribute in Forced and Unforced Choices Matter? Results from a Web Survey...; 2011; Pedersen, L. B., Kjaer, T., Kragstrup, J., Gyrd-Hansen, D.
- Reliability and Validity of Self-Reported Smoking in an Anonymous Online Survey With Young Adults; 2011; Ramo, D. E., Hall, S. M., Prochaska, J. J.
- Using web-based and paper-based questionnaires for collecting data on fertility issues among female...; 2011; Van Den Berg, M. H., Overbeek, A., van der Pal, H. J. H., Versluys, B. A., , Van Leeuwe, F. E. Lambalk...
- Validation of the web-based LUMINA questionnaire for recruiting large cohorts of migraineurs; 2011; van Oosterhout, W. P. J., Weller, C. M., Stam, A. H., Stijnen, T.,Ferrari, M. D.; Terwindt, G. M.
- Exploring Health-related Experiences and Access to Care: Differences between Online and Telephone Survey...; 2011; Doty, M. M., Peugh, J., Shand-Lubbers, J.
- Development and Validation of a Web-Based Questionnaire for Surveying Skydivers; 2011; Nilsson, J.; Friden, C.; Buren, V.; Ang, B.
- Method of administration affects adolescent post-immunization survey response rate: phone, paper, internet...; 2011; Pielak, K. L.; Buxton, J.; McIntyrea, C.; Tu, A,; Botnick, M. R.
- Development of a Web-Based Survey for Monitoring Daily Health and its Application in an Epidemiological...; 2011; Sugiura, H., Ohkusa, Y., Akahane, M., Sano, T., Okabe, N., Imamura, T.
- Effectiveness and consequences of various recruitment methods in psychological research: case study; 2011; Póltorak, M.
- Social desirability and self-reported health risk behaviors in web-based research: three longitudinal...; 2011; Crutzen, R., Goeritz, A.
- Can search engine advertising help access rare samples?; 2011; Nunan, D., Knox, S.
- "But This is My Cell Phone!": A Qualitative Look at Practical Techniques for Gaining the...; 2011; George, J., Balok, T., Frasier, A. M.
- Lösungsansätze gegen den Allgemeinarztmangel auf dem Land - Ergebnisse einer Online-Befragung unter Ä...; 2011; Steinhäuser, J., Annan, N. F., Roos, M., Szecsenyi, J., Joos, S.
- Partnership-Driven Resources to Improve and Enhance Research (PRIMER): A Survey of Community-Engaged...; 2011; Dolor, R. J., Greene, S. M., Thompson, E., Baldwin, L.-M., Neale, A. V.
- Conceptualizing Trust in Digital Environments: Health-e Skepticism: Trust in the Age of the Internet; 2011; Harris, A., Wyatt, S., Kelly, S.
- Separating selection from mode effects when switching from single (CATI) to mixed mode design (CATI /...; 2011; Carstensen, J., Kriwy, P., Krug, G., Lange, C.
- Is a Mixed-Mode Approach to Reduce Attrition in a Longitudinal Mental Health Study (NESDA) a Good Idea...; 2011; Hoogendoorn, A., Lamers, F., Hoekstra, C., Penninx, B., Smit, J. H.
- Social Climate Survey of Tobacco Control: A mixed-mode approach; 2011; Klein, J. D., McMillen, R.
- Comparison of Telephone with World Wide Web-Based Responses by Parents and Teens to a Follow-Up Survey...; 2011; Dorsch, A., Durbin, D., Houseknecht, E., Jaffe, K. M., Koepsell, T. D, Rivara, F. P., Roper-Caldbeck...
- Discriminant validity and test–retest reliability of a self-administered Internet-based questionnaire...; 2011; Burnand, B., Cornuz , J., Durieux, P., Taffé, P., Voellinger, R.