Web Survey Bibliography
Purpose - This paper aims to conceptualize the value of analyzing Web content for marketing research based on a conceptual perspective with some practical views. This article chooses to use a conceptual base for its discussion in the view that it is important to establish a fundamental academic understanding as opposed to practical examples that can vary in significance and timeliness.
Design/methodology/approach - This article is a conceptual review of how technological advancements on the Web have engendered a valuable platform for content analysis research.
Findings - The literature review and discussion points out that content analysis using Web data can now be carried out with significant advantages such as greater accuracy, timeliness, and lower cost compared to the offline alternative. This article postulates the current value of Web content analysis in marketing research requires re-evaluation.
Practical implications - This article is expected to provide a better understanding of the value of using Web data for content analysis by professional and academic marketing researchers, and more importantly, enables a more informed decision in choosing between offline and Web data.
Originality/value - Sentiments on the value of Web content are mixed in the research community. The hype generated in the nascent stages of the Internet has selectively damaged its credibility as a reliable platform for research. In light of technological advancements, this paper suggests a re-evaluation of this platform for research based on a conceptual discussion.
Emerald Homepage (abstract) / (full text)
Web Survey Bibliography - Research on Internet (644)
- Online Fundraising Essentials, Second Edition; 2013; Stevenson, S. C.
- Tips for Evaluating Online Effectiveness; 2013; Stevenson, S. C.
- Worldwide online research spending; 2012
- The rise of the "connected viewer"; 2012; Smith, A., Boyles, J. L.
- The integration of facebook into class management: an exploratory study; 2012; Chou, P. N.
- Selection bias of internet panel surveys: A comparison with a paper-based survey and national governmental...; 2012; Tsuboi, S. et al.
- Research company spotlight - Mobile surveys; 2012
- Redeveloping the research section of Meningitis UK's website — A case study report; 2012; Witt, J. et al.
- Guide to social science data preparation. Best practice throughout the data life cycle; 2012
- Google et Médiamétrie créent une audience bimédia; 2012; Gonzales, P.
- Ebook readings jumps, print book reading declines; 2012; Rainie, L., Duggan, M.
- Better customer in sight in real time; 2012; Macdonald, E., Wilson, H. N., Konus, H.
- Better Answers to Basic Questions: Enhancing the accuracy of online reach and audience metrics; 2012; van Dam, P. H., van Ossenbruggen, R., Voorend, R.
- WebSM Study: Survey software features overview ; 2012; Vehovar, V.; Cehovin, G.; Kavcic, L.; Lenar, J.
- Web Panels; 2012; Bethlehem, J., Biffignandi, S.
- Challenges of assessing the quality of a prerecruited probability-based panel of internet users in...; 2012; Struminskaya, B., Kaczmirek, L.
- Deep Data: Qualitative Approaches to E-Research in the Digital Age; 2012; Salmons, J.
- The use of new technologies on the British Birth Cohort Studies; 2012; Calderwood, L.
- Opportunities and Challenges for the Digital Researcher; 2012; Blank, G., Morey, Y.
- Reliable Online Social Network Data Collection; 2012; Abdesslem, F. B., Parris, I., Henderson, T.
- Little experience with technology as a cause of nonresponse in online surveys; 2012; Struminskaya, B., Schaurer, I., Kaczmirek, L., Bandilla, W.
- The Impact of Mobilization Media on Off-Line and Online Participation: Are Mobilization Effects Medium...; 2012; Vissers, S., Hooghe, M., Stolle, D., Maheo, V.-A.
- Succinct Survey Measures of Web-Use Skills; 2012; Hargittai, E., Hsieh, Y. P.
- Where gamification came from and why it could be here to stay; 2012; Ewing, T.
- Gamification 101 - from theory to practice - part II ; 2012; Puleston, J.
- The impact of two-stage highly interesting questions on completion rates and data quality in online...; 2012; M, Hansen, J. M; Smith, S. M.
- User models as revealed in web-based research services; 2012; Bodoff, D., Raban, D.
- User agent; 2011
- Unpublisihed internal Google report on break off rates by device type; 2011; Callegaro, M.
- The GfK NOP Media Efficiency Panel; 2011; Moy, C. et al.
- Online survey research: Findings, Best practices, and future research; 2011
- GRE® program announces big benefits and big savings for GRE® test takers worldwide; 2011
- Google and Kantar develop measurement panel; 2011
- Going online with assessment; 2011; Burke, E. et al.
- Exploring the digital nation. Computer and Internet use at home; 2011
- Ethical issues in Internet research; 2011; Hoerger, M., Currell, C.
- ESOMAR AND CASRO submission to the W3C tracking protection working group - Market research techniques...; 2011
- A Methodological Inference towards the Quantification of Technological Frames ; 2011; Cachia, E., Camilleri, P.
- The Battle For Business Data: New Technologies Critical To Researchers' Arsenal; 2011; Anderson, J.
- A Comparison of Internet-Based Participant Recruitment Methods: Engaging the Hidden Population of Cannabis...; 2011; Temple, E. C., Brown, R. F.
- The Perils of Online Surveys; 2011; McCullough, P. R.
- Mixed methods designs in marketing research; 2011; Harrison, R. L., Reilly, T. M.
- Development and Validation of a Web-Based Questionnaire for Surveying Skydivers; 2011; Nilsson, J.; Friden, C.; Buren, V.; Ang, B.
- Facebook sampling methods: some methodological proposals; 2011; Macrì, E., Tessitore, C.
- Survey Says? A Primer on Web-Based Survey Design and Distribution; 2011; Oppenheimer, A. J., Pannucci, C. J., Kasten, S. J., Haase, S. C.
- Improving online surveys; 2011; Puleston, J.
- Visiting item non-responses in internet survey data collection; 2011; Albaum, G., Roster, C. A., Smith, S. M., Wiley, J. B.
- Estimating nonresponse bias and mode effects in a mixed-mode survey; 2011; Lugtig, P. J., Lensvelt-Mulders, G. J., Frerichs, R., Greven, A.
- Conceptualizing Trust in Digital Environments: Health-e Skepticism: Trust in the Age of the Internet; 2011; Harris, A., Wyatt, S., Kelly, S.
- The Changing Face of Trust in Health Websites; 2011; Sillence, L., Mo, P., Briggs, P., Harris, P. R.