Web Survey Bibliography
Title Online Surveys Made Easy
Author McLeod, R. G.
Source PC World, 22, 6, pp. 73
Access date 31.05.2004
Abstract The article reviews the computer software FormArtist Professional Edition from Quask Inc. This software lets polling neophytes easily create, deploy, and tabulate surveys, yet it has a suite of powerful features that will appeal to businesses with moderate survey needs. One can create a survey from scratch or use templates, which one modifies for the questions needed to ask. Forms are placed in one's Web page templates to retain the look and feel of the company's site. The templates make the software simple to use. FormArtist's help files are adequate, but it took several hours to build a six-page custom form. When satisfied, the form is deployed to a Web server or tried on Quask's test server. To look at the responses, one fetches the data back to PC where the form was originally created, and then one drops it into customer relationship management software or into a database with Open Data Base Connectivity. Most users will likely want to have the data exported as an Excel, CSV, HTML, SPSS, or XML file, which this software does with commendable ease. The software has one very annoying problem: Setting the tabbing sequences correctly on pre-existing form pages with text boxes was quite hard to figure out.
Access/Direct link EBSCOhost (full text)
Year of publication2004
Bibliographic typeMagazine article
Web Survey Bibliography - Magazine article (208)
- Inquisite 6 Hits Market; 2004; Anonymous
- WebSurveyor Software Grants; 2004; Anonymous
- Web-design techniques can improve your presentations; 2004; Finkelstein, E.
- Structured Approach to Picking Accounting Software; 2004; Anonymous
- Onfolio, an outstanding Web research tool; 2004; Gibbs, M.
- Online Surveys; 2004; Alonzo, V.
- E-research gathers pace; 2004; Ligerakis, M.
- Online survey creating boom; 2004; Carstensen, K.
- What's Online; 2004; Anonymous
- WebSurveyor Releases New Web Interface; 2004; Anonymous
- Online Surveys Made Easy; 2004; McLeod, R. G.
- Web Surveys For the Enterprise; 2004; King, N.
- Was based questioning procedure; 2003; Batinic, B.
- Email-Befragung unter Direktkandidaten. Methodische Erfahrungen aus Baden-Württemberg und Rheinland-...; 2003; Faas, T.
- CRM in Action: Boosting Satisfaction Survey Responses; 2003; Compton, J.
- Customer feedback key for theme park; 2003; Chen, A.
- Wheels Moves Fast On Survey Results; 2003; Dunn, D.
- Get Web Feedback with Inquisite; 2003; King, N.
- Digital Makeover; 2003; Sloane, J.
- Survey tools take employees' pulse instantly; 2003; Gunsauley, C.
- Nielsen launches WebIntercept; 2003; Maddox, K.
- Incentives with a Byte; 2003; Hatch, S.
- Before Using a Web Site as a Source Click Here; 2003; Jaderstrom, S., Miller, J.
- Qualitative, quantitative methods combine for best online research; 2003; Kim, S.
- Quantum Performance Solutions Becomes PeriscopeIQ; 2003; Anonymous
- WebSurveyor 4.1 gets more out of data; 2003; Rapoza, J.
- Readers Rate: Appointee Bonuses; 2003; Anonymous
- Online Surveys for the Small-Staff Association; 2003; Mandel, M.
- Companies save time, money with online surveys; 2003; Bannan, K. J.
- Inquisite gives polls power; 2003; Chen, A.
- Easy Web Survey Profiles Users; 2003; King, N.
- Easy as e-mail; 2003; Johnson, H.
- Inquisite simplifies Web survey creation for nontechnical users; 2003; Petersen, S.
- Web Surve's Hidden Hazards; 2003; Morrel Samuels, P.
- Online versus postal data collection methods: an examination of issues and a comparison of results; 2003; Adam, S., McDonald, H.
- A D-minus for computer exams; 2002; Mayfield, K.
- Web Surveys to Digital Movies: Technological Tools of the Trade; 2002; Fetterman, D. M.
- Online research will take off in the UK in 2003 - The case for and against; 2002; Anonymous
- Superior Software, Incomplete Instructions; 2002; Hollman, L.
- SurveyConnect Releases Survey Select Expert 4.5; 2002; Anonymous
- Online research requires verification of information; 2002; Goldsborough, R.
- Incentive Survey Finds Uncertainties; 2002; Anonymous
- Great figure--but can you trust it?; 2002; Gaber, I.
- Weaving Web Surveys that Work; 2002; Nucifora, A.
- Web Survey Say....; 2002; Anonymous
- BCE & AXA Overcome Access and Confidentiality Hurdles to Web Surveys; 2002; Anonymous
- Principia Makes Web Form Design Easier; 2002; Anonymous
- Research at Web speed; 2001; Van Yoder, S.
- Field of dreams; 2001; Osbourne, C.
- Raising response; 2001; Anonymous