Web Survey Bibliography
Title A Guide to Best Practice in Online Quantitative Research
Author Poynter, R.
Source 2nd ASC International Conference on Survey Research Methods: The Challenge of the Internet, 2001
Access date 31.05.2004
Abstract In the year 2000, about 5% of the Market Research conducted in Western Europe and the US was conducted using the medium of the Internet. This is expected to rise to about 8% this year, and reach 50% by 2004. This change is being accompanied by many other changes; changes in business models, changes in legislation, changes in respondent resistance, and changes driven by lifestyle and technology. The paper sets some out thoughts on Best Practice for Internet interviewing, in the context of the year 2001. These thoughts and suggestions have moved on from the ones written by the paper's author in the 1998 ESOMAR Handbook of Market and Opinion Research. In this field we tend to say that one Internet year is seven in the real world - so we all had better treat Internet advice as work in progress!
Year of publication2001
Bibliographic typeConferences, workshops, tutorials, presentations
Web Survey Bibliography - 2nd ASC International Conference on Survey Research Methods: The Challenge of the Internet, 2001 (8)
- Web versus Mail Questionnaire for an Institutional Survey; 2001; Lozar Manfreda, K., Vehovar, V., Batagelj, Z.
- A Guide to Best Practice in Online Quantitative Research; 2001; Poynter, R.
- Designing and managing internet panels: lessons from the USA and Europe; 2001; Milsom, P., Manolopoulos, P.
- The internet as a mode of data collection in government social surveys: issues and investigations; 2001; Flatley, J.
- Seizing opportunities to inform the information society: creating value from statistics through exploiting...; 2001; Cook, L.
- Experiences of Qualitative Research on the Internet; 2001; Cornish, C.
- The Recruitment of Online Samples by CATI-Screening: Problems of Non-response; 2001; Deutschmann, M., Faulbaum, F.
- Using Agent Technology to Disseminate Statistics via the Web; 2001; Brannen, K., Lamb, J.