Web Survey Bibliography
According to the last available industry survey, ESOMAR_Global-Market-Research-2009, face-to-face interview method has first given way to CATI, and later to on-line surveys. In 2009, total amount of interview orders has made up about 12%; CATI – 18%; while online surveys – 20%. Concerning Ukraine, face-to-face interviews are continue to dominate (over 50%), while phone surveys take about 30%, and online surveys just start to develop.
The problem is that phone penetration rate in Ukraine interfered with CATI development, while the level of Internet spread does not allow conducting representative population surveys via Internet. At the moment, only about 53% of population have landline phones (78% have mobile phones), and only 30% are Internet users. Therefore, possibly in contrast to other countries, the most promising for Ukraine is not transition from F2F to CATI, but transition to Mixed-Mode Surveys.
In given report, the examples of conducting Mixed-Mode Survey by Kiev International Institute of Sociology is examined. We examine the effect of mixed mode design from a total survey error perspective. One of the most adequate criterions of data quality is the extent of agreement between the survey results and elections outcomes. That’s why we examine Kyiv 2008 Mayoral Elections in more details as soon as combination of face-to-face and CATI method has been used in electoral surveys, and there was a possibility to estimate the quality of each method as well as their combination in terms of forecasting the results of elections.
Conference Homepage (abstract)
Web Survey Bibliography - 2011 (584)
- Online-Telephone Mixed-Mode Surveys Question Wording Experiments in The Netherlands and Germany; 2011; de Leeuw, E. D., Hox, J.
- First Equals Most Important? Order Effects in Vignette- Based Measurement; 2011; Auspurg, K., Jaeckle, A.
- Equivalence of Measures of Xenophobia in Cross National Survey Research: Findings Based on a Web Probing...; 2011; Bandilla, W., Behr, D., Braun, M., Kaczmirek, L., Majer, S.
- Web Survey Process within the Concept of eSocial Sciences; 2011; Vehovar, V.
- Addressing Panel Attrition in Mobile Phone Panel Surveys: Can Incentives and Switching to Mobile Web...; 2011; Busse, B., Fuchs, M.
- Respondent collaboration in web survey design: developing a unique strategy for pre-testing questions...; 2011; Young, B. P.
- Innovations in survey sampling design: Discussion of three contributions presented at the U.S. Census...; 2011; Opsomer, J.
- Alternative survey sample designs: Sampling with multiple overlapping frames; 2011; Lohr, S. L.
- A Bayesian analysis of small area probabilities under a constraint; 2011; Nandram, B., Sayit, H.
- Adaptive network and spatial sampling; 2011; Thompson, S. K.
- Experiences with the online questionnaire on www.csfd.cz as a part of mixed research; 2011; Kratka, J.
- Administered versus self-administered online surveys: Are the findings comparable?; 2011; de Rada, V. D.
- Impact of Length or Relevance of Questionnaires on Attrition in Online Trials: Randomized Controlled...; 2011; McCambridge, J., Kalaitzaki, E., White, I. R., Khadjesari, Z., Murray, E., Linke, S., Thompson, S. G...
- Questions for Surveys: Current Trends and Future Directions; 2011; Schaeffer, N. C., Schaeffer, N. C.
- The Future of Modes of Data Collection; 2011; Couper, M. P.
- The Future of Survey Sampling; 2011; Brick, J. M.
- Methodological Issues in Internet-Mediated Research: A Randomized Comparison of Internet Versus Mailed...; 2011; Whitehead, L.
- Why do you play? The development of the motives for online gaming questionnaire (MOGQ); 2011; Demetrovics, Z., Urbán, R., Nagygyörgy, K., Farkas, J., Zilahy, D., Mervó, B., Reindl, A., Agoston,...
- Citizen Satisfaction Survey Data: A Mode Comparison of the Derived-Importance Performance Approach; 2011; Herian, M. N., Tomkins, A. J.
- Surveying ourselves: examining the use of a web-based approach for a physician survey.; 2011; Matteson, K., Anderson, B. L., Pinto, S. B., Clark, M. A., Lopes, V., Schulkin, J.
- Using Online Surveys to Conduct Jury Research; 2011; Edelman, B.
- The Impact of Non-Response Treatments on the Stability of Blockmodels; 2011; Znidarsic, A., Ferligoj, A., Doreian, P.
- The “Frequency Divide” on Web Surveys: Opinions, Behaviours and Demographics Differences...; 2011; Reis, E., Vicente, P.
- LinkedIn and Facebook in Belgium: The Influences and Biases of Social Network Sites in Recruitment and...; 2011; Caers, R., Castelyns, V.
- Researching Personal Information on the Public Web - Methods and Ethics; 2011; Wilkinson, D., Thelwall, M.
- Apples and oranges: does a web survey produce similar results to social media tracking?; 2011; Bourque, C., Hobbs, R., Hilaire, D. S.
- PhD Students’ Research Group Networks. A Qualitative Approach; 2011; Coromina, L., Capo, A., Coenders, G., Guia, J.
- The influence of Social Support and Personal Networks on Doctoral Student Performance; 2011; Hlebec, V., Kogovsek, T., Ferligoj, A.
- From Busy Bees to Science Geeks and Party Animals: A Typology of Slovenian Doctoral Students; 2011; Hlebec, V., Kogovsek, T., Ferligoj, A.
- PhD Students’ Research Group Social Capital in Two Countries: A Clustering Approach with Duocentred...; 2011; Coenders, G., Coromina, L., Ferligoj, A., Guia, J.
- Preface; 2011; Coenders, G., Doreian, P.
- Web Surveys; 2011; Furlan, R., Martone, D., Kenett, R. S., Salini, S.
- Does the Inclusion of a Cost Attribute in Forced and Unforced Choices Matter? Results from a Web Survey...; 2011; Pedersen, L. B., Kjaer, T., Kragstrup, J., Gyrd-Hansen, D.
- A course is a course is a course: Factor invariance in student evaluation of online, blended and face...; 2011; Dziuban, C. D., Moskal, P.
- Explaining Unit Nonresponse in Online Panel Surveys: An Application of the Extended Theory of Planned...; 2011; Haunberger, S.
- Reliability and Validity of Self-Reported Smoking in an Anonymous Online Survey With Young Adults; 2011; Ramo, D. E., Hall, S. M., Prochaska, J. J.
- Nonparametric Tests of Panel Conditioning and Attrition Bias in Panel Surveys; 2011; Das, M., Toepoel, V., van Soest, A.
- Preferences, intentions, and expectation violations: A large-scale experiment with a representative...; 2011; Bellemare. C., Kroeger, S., van Soest, A.
- A Psycholinguistic Look at Survey Question Design and Response Quality; 2011; Lenzner, T.
- Twitter mood predicts the stock market.; 2011; Bollen, J., Mao, H., Zeng, X.-J.
- Benefits and Costs of a Multi-Mode Survey of Recent College Graduates; 2011; Crow, D.,
- Using Facebook to Locate Sample Members; 2011; Rhodes, B. B., Marks, E. L.
- Paradata in Survey Research; 2011; West, B. T.
- Using e-mail recruitment and an online questionnaire to establish effect size: A worked example ; 2011; Kirkby, H. M., Calver, M., Draper, H., Calvert, M., Wilson, S.
- The Perils of Online Surveys; 2011; McCullough, P. R.
- A National Profile of Teacher Education Faculty: The Construction of an Online Survey; 2011; Graber, K. C., Erwin, H., Woods, A. M., Rhoades, J., Zhu, W.
- Using web-based and paper-based questionnaires for collecting data on fertility issues among female...; 2011; Van Den Berg, M. H., Overbeek, A., van der Pal, H. J. H., Versluys, B. A., , Van Leeuwe, F. E. Lambalk...
- Agreement between web-based and paper versions of a socio-demographic questionnaire in the NutriNet-...; 2011; Vergnaud, A. C., Touvier, M., Méjean, C., Kesse-Guyo, E., Pollet, C., Malon, A., Castetbon, K., Hercberg...
- Validation of the web-based LUMINA questionnaire for recruiting large cohorts of migraineurs; 2011; van Oosterhout, W. P. J., Weller, C. M., Stam, A. H., Stijnen, T.,Ferrari, M. D.; Terwindt, G. M.
- Reducing Sensitive Survey Response Bias in Research on Adolescents: A Comparison of Web-Based and Paper...; 2011; Wyrick, D. L., Bond, L.