Web Survey Bibliography
From the very beginning of a longitudinal survey, management of metadata is crucial. Structuring metadata in a standardized form greatly increases its utility, making metadata driven processes possible. Software using metadata may generate survey instruments and samples, administer an online survey, and produce tables and graphs of summary statistics. Good metadata in structured form makes higher quality documentation more accessible and can aid in retrieval of selected data. Quality metadata in structured form should facilitate replication of data collection and analyses across waves of a longitudinal survey. Replication of all or part of a survey in other places or times will depend on accessible metadata.
Longitudinal surveys have special needs for good metadata management, in part due to the length of time over which they exist. Procedures may evolve, staff may change, relevant external events may occur. Recording linkages and comparison between versions of questions and response sets will aid in harmonization. Knowledge of events which occur through the life of the study may be crucial in interpretation of the data.
DDI 3 (http://www.ddialliance.org/) is a metadata specification designed for the whole data lifecycle, from initial concept to archive and reuse. It includes features relevant to longitudinal surveys such as metadata repositories, the capacity to record lifecycle events and comparisons between metadata elements. The rich set of elements in DDI 3 allows data collection, tabulation, and display to be driven by metadata.
Conference Homepage (abstract)
Web Survey Bibliography - Online measurement (986)
- Permission email messages significantly increase gambler retention; 2013; Jolley, W., Lee, A., Mizerski, R., Sadeque, S.
- How virtual corporate social responsibility dialogs generate value: A framework and propositions; 2013; Korschun, D., Du, S.
- Customer loyalty to a commercial website: Descriptive meta-analysis of the empirical literature and...; 2013; Toufaily, E., Ricard, L., Perrien, J.
- Discovering interest groups for marketing in virtual communities: An integrated approach; 2013; Wang, K. -Y., Wu, H. -J., Ting, I -H.
- Understanding service quality in a virtual travel community environment; 2013; Elliot, S., Li, G., Choi, C.
- Research note: E-store image, perceived value and perceived risk; 2013; Chang, E. -C., Tseng, Y. -F.
- Measuring Up: Impact of mobile and segmentation on respondent behaviour; 2013; Luck, K.
- Best of Both Worlds? Can we make convenience samples representative?; 2013; Doe, P.
- Multimode, Global Scale Usage: Understanding respondent scale usage across borders and devices; 2013; Pettit, F. A., Courtright, M.
- ‘Digital Methods as Mainstream Methodology’: Building capacity in the research community...; 2013; Roberts, S., Hine, C., Morey, Y., Snee, H., Watson, H.
- The impact of website content dimension and e-trust on e-marketing effectiveness: The case of Iranian...; 2013; Rahimnia, F., Farzaneh Hassanzadeh, J.
- Exploring factors associated with respondent mode choice for surveys using mobile devices.; 2013; Walton, L.
- Responsive design for mixed-mode panel data; 2013; Bianchi, A., Biffignandi, S.
- Adjusting for bias in a mixed-mode CAWI survey on University students ; 2013; Clerici, R., Giraldo, A.
- Computers, Tablet & Smart Phones: The Truth about Web‐based Surveys; 2013; Merle, P., Gearhart, S., Craig, C., Rahimi, M., Brooks, M. E., Vandyke, M.
- Impact of mode design on reliability in longitudinal data; 2013; Cernat, A.
- Online Survey Participation via Mobile Devices: implications for nonresponse; 2013; Poggio, T., Bosnjak, M.
- Mobility and Smartphones: a pilot study of travel data collection among experienced and inexperienced...; 2013; Douhou, S., Scherpenzeel, A.
- The Relation of Survey Topic and Participation Behavior. Analyzing Unit Nonresponse using web-generated...; 2013; Zillmann, D., Schmitz, A., Blossfeld, H. P.
- The Attention Span of a Goldfish: Impacts of Survey Mobilization on Respondents ; 2013; Luck, K.
- Phish Rising: How Internet Criminals are Undermining the Viability of Online Survey Research…and...; 2013; Kunovic, K.
- Möglichkeiten zur impliziten Messung von Emotionen am Beispiel webcambasierter Gesichtsausdruckserkennung...; 2013; Wachenfeld, A., Moentmann, A., Bernet, F.
- Mode effects in Labour Force Surveys - do they really matter?; 2013; Koerner, T.
- Identifying and Mitigating Satisficing in Web Surveys: Some Experimental Evidence; 2013; Rossmann, J.
- Latent legitimacy: joint effects of religious orientation on the association between values and acceptance...; 2013; Henseler, A. K., Siegers, P., Beckers, T.
- A walking exercise on a tightrope: trying to balance coverage, probabilistic sampling and the costs...; 2013; Poggio, T.
- Designing a Pilot to Introduce Web Collection in the UK Labour Force Survey; 2013; Merad, S.
- Comparing Questionnaire Pretesting Methods for the 2015 Population and Housing Census of Korea; 2013; Park, Y.
- The comparability of Don't Know answers between CATI and CAWI modes; 2013; Pohjanpaa, K., Jarvensivu, M.
- Leveraging Auxiliary Data, Differential Incentives, and Survey Mode to Target Hard-to-Reach Groups in...; 2013; Link, M. W., Thu Burks, A.
- Does It Pay Off to Include Non-Internet Households in an Internet Panel? ; 2013; Leenheer, J., Scherpenzeel, A.
- ReCal OIR: Ordinal, Interval, and Ratio Intercoder Reliability as a Web Service; 2013; Freelon, D. G.
- Filling the Void: Gaining a Better Understanding of Tablet-based Surveys; 2013; Wells, T., Bailey, J., Link, M. W.
- Mail and Web-Based Survey Administration: A Case Study With Recreational Users of Virginia's Wildlife...; 2013; Carrozzino-Lyon, A. L., McMullin, S. L., Parkhurst, J. A.
- The 2012 Confirmit Annual Market Research Software Survey; 2013; Macer, T., Wilson, S.
- Mode Effects in Mixed-Mode Surveys: Prevention, Diagnostics, and Adjustment 1; 2013; de Leeuw, E. D., Dillman, D. A., Schouten, B.
- Comparing Web-based with Mail Survey Administration of the Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers...; 2013; Bergeson , S. C., Gray, J., Ehrmantraut, L. A., Hays, R. D.
- Online survey of insolvency professionals undertaken for TSO. Summary analysis prepared for survey participants...; 2013; Tribe, J., Purdy, D.
- Data Collection in Sociolinguistics: Methods and Applications; 2013; Mallinson, C., Childs, B., Van Herk, G.
- Online Survey Data Quality and its Implication for Willingness-to-Pay: A Cross-Country Comparison; 2013; Gao, Z., House, L., Jing, X.
- Online Survey Design and Development: A Janus-Faced Approach; 2013; Lauer, C., McLeod, M., Blythe, S.
- Satisficing in Web Surveys: Implications for Data Quality and Strategies for Reduction; 2013; Zhang, C.
- Scientific impact of the MESS Project: A brief overview; 2013; Das, M.
- A probability-based web panel for the UK: What could it look like?; 2013; Nicolaas, G.
- Current UK provision of web panaels and Omnibus; 2013; Lagorio, C.
- ONS Plans for Web Data Collection in LFS; 2013; Lound, C.
- On-line questionnaire completion time and personality test scores; 2013; Furnham, A., Hyde, G., Trickey, G.
- Evaluation of a Sequential Mixed-Mode Design Experiment with Physicians on Response Rates, Costs, and...; 2013; Geisen, E., Olmsted, M. G., Murphy, J., Stanley, M.
- When We Do Not Know the Difference – the Level of DK in Different Question Formats and Different...; 2013; Schwarzer, S., Zeglovits, E., Connor, D. S.
- Factors Influencing Survey Participation Rates on an Online, Probability-Based Research Panel; 2013; Wiest, D.