Web Survey Bibliography
MISSY provides online-information for official microdata in a structured design. At present MISSY focuses on the metadata of the German Microcensus, but an extension to other surveys is intended. Though official microdata are originally not designed for research, the number of data sets, which have been made accessible for scientific purpose, has increased. To facilitate and encourage the use of the data, there is a need of knowledge transfer from official statistics to the scientific community. MISSY offers the relevant metadata both in a broad and differentiated way. Moreover, with the availability of annual Microcensus data sets of several decades information concerning the comparability of variables over time is required.
On the one hand, MISSY’s task is to document individual data sets as extensively as possible. The central part of the data description on the variable level is based on DDI 3. Furthermore additional information concerning methodical and scientific subjects is integrated to improve the usability of the Microcensus. On the other hand, MISSY systematically links information, thereby enabling scientists to gain rapid access to the information that they require and also drawing their attention to related topics. In addition, various access paths to the variable information take account of the researchers’ interest priorities and knowledge.
The presentation will introduce the structure and the application of MISSY. The workflow in the preparation and maintenance of the metadata will also be emphasised.
Conference Homepage (abstract)
Web Survey Bibliography - Technology (916)
- The Digital Divide: The internet and social inequality in international perspective; 2013; Ragnedda, M., Muschert, G.
- Survey quality prediction system 2.0; 2013
- PDAs in socio-economic surveys: instrument bias, surveyor bias or both?; 2013; Escobal, J., Benites, S.
- Virtual research assistants: Replacing human interviewers by automated avatars in virtual worlds; 2013; Hasler, B. S., Tuchman, P., Friedman, D.
- Designing and conducting business surveys; 2013; Snijkers, G.,Araldsen, G., , Willimack, D. K.Jones, J.
- Computer science security research and human subjects: Emerging considerations for research ethics boards...; 2013; Buchanan, E. A., Aycock, J., Dexter, S., Dittrich, D., Hvizdak, E. E.
- HTML5 and mobile Web surveys: A Web experiment on new input types; 2013; Funke, F.
- Understanding and Applying Research Design; 2013; Abbott, M. L., McKinney, J.
- Online Survey Software; 2013; Baker, J. D.
- Survey of Cloud Computing; 2013; Furht, B.
- Using multivariate statistics, 6th Edition; 2012; Tabachnick, B. G., Fidell, L. S.
- Unintentional mobile respondents; 2012; Peterson, G.
- Tracking preference expression (DNT); 2012
- The smartphone psychology manifesto; 2012; Miller, G.
- The rise of the "connected viewer"; 2012; Smith, A., Boyles, J. L.
- The integration of facebook into class management: an exploratory study; 2012; Chou, P. N.
- The cross platform report. Q2 -2012 - US; 2012
- Smartphone ownership update: September 2012; 2012; Rainie, L.
- Sensitive topics in PC Web and mobile web surveys: Is there a difference?; 2012; Mavletova, A. M., Couper, M. P.
- Selection bias of internet panel surveys: A comparison with a paper-based survey and national governmental...; 2012; Tsuboi, S. et al.
- Screenwise panel: Frequently Asked Questions; 2012
- Research company spotlight - Mobile surveys; 2012
- Redeveloping the research section of Meningitis UK's website — A case study report; 2012; Witt, J. et al.
- Participation of mobile users in traditional online studies; 2012; Jue, A.
- Online survey statistics for the mobile future. Updated with Q3 2012 data; 2012
- Ofcom technology tracker Wave 3; 2012
- Ofcom technology tracker Wave 2; 2012
- NBCU enlists Google, ComScore to track multiscreen Olympics viewing; 2012; Spangler, T.
- MRS Guidelines for online reseach; 2012
- Mobile usability; 2012; Nielsen, J., Budiu, R.
- Mobile email opens report 2nd half 2011; 2012
- Metering mobile usage. Insights from global Arbitron mobile trends panel; 2012; Verkasalo, H.
- Media tracker; 2012
- Measuring modern media consumption; 2012; Arini, N.
- ISO 20252. Market, opinion and social research-Vocabulary and service requirements, 2nd Edition; 2012
- Internet use in households and by individual in 2012. Eurostat Statistics in Focus 50/2012; 2012; Seybert, H.
- Internet access - Households and individuals, 2012 part 2; 2012
- Internet access - Households and individuals, 2012; 2012
- Google et Médiamétrie créent une audience bimédia; 2012; Gonzales, P.
- GMI Pinnacle; 2012
- Flowing with the mainstream. Is mobile market research finally living up to the hype?; 2012; Townsend, L.
- Eurobarometer Special surveys: Special Eurobarometer 381; 2012
- Ebook readings jumps, print book reading declines; 2012; Rainie, L., Duggan, M.
- Digital Divides: A connectivity continuum for the United States. Data from the 2011 Current Population...; 2012; File, T.
- Developments and the impact of smart technology; 2012; Macer, T.
- Better customer in sight in real time; 2012; Macdonald, E., Wilson, H. N., Konus, H.
- Adult gadget ownership over time (2006-2012); 2012
- 28 Questions to Help Buyers of Online Samples; 2012
- Facing The Future Webcams as a survey tool in China; 2012; Gordon, A., Llewellyn, T., Gu, E.
- Using Free Online Survey Software in Your Teaching; 2012; Chippindall, J.