Web Survey Bibliography
As the use of social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc) rises, the opportunities to use these platforms and the data resident on these platforms to supplant or supplement “traditional” survey data also increases.
How are researchers in the survey community using these data now, and how will be they be using them in the near future? We will present a review of the current landscape of social media data use and offer thoughts about near-future uses and potential lines of research to pursue along these lines.
Conference Homepage (abstract)
Web Survey Bibliography - Dean, E. (7)
- The Effectiveness of Survey Recruitment Methods in Second Life; 2012; Dean, E., Cook, S., Murphy, J., Keating, M.
- Current state of social media use for survey research; 2011; Hill, C. A., Dean, E.
- Conducting Virtual Survey Research: RTI’s Facility in the Online Community Second Life®; 2009; Dean, E., Hill, C.
- An Exploratory Study of Participant Perceptions of In-Avatar Interviewing and Virtual Settings; 2009; Tuten, T. L., Dean, E.
- Survey Research in Virtual Worlds: Second Life R as a Research Platform; 2009; Hill, C., Dean, E.
- A Comparison of Lab-Based and On-Site Usability Testing; 2004; Dean, E.
- Panel Attrition and its Effects on Results from a Longitudinal Study: An Examination of Changes in Participants...; 2004; Baxter, R. K., Dean, E.