Web Survey Bibliography
Relevance & Research Question: One of the most important trends in electoral behaviour is the loss of stability in recent years. That said, it becomes increasingly important to study (and hence observe) short-term effects. But tracking decision-making processes has always been a challenge to academia as well as market researchers, since neither our traditional theories nor our tools are specifically designed to examine such short term effects. To overcome this deficiency we will conduct an innovative study design in the run-up to the 2011 Baden-Württemberg state election. It combines panel elements with the general idea of a rolling cross-section survey, yielding rolling cross-section panel waves. The rolling-cross section part provides us with the opportunity to track developments in the course of the campaign on a day-by-day basis, while the panel gives insight into intra-individual decision-making process. Our contribution will focus on the design of the study, but will also include findings from the first wave of our study that will be fielded in November 2011.
Methods & Data: In the run-up to the 2011 Baden-Württemberg state election, we will conduct a five wave-panel. Respondents are recruited from YouGov’ access panel. The first wave (with n=4000) – providing a “pre-test” before the final phase of the campaign starts – will be fielded in November/December 2010. The following three waves will be conducted in the final six weeks before Election Day in order to get an extensive insight into the decision-making processes. Wave 5 will be a standard post-election wave.
Results: Since the GOR-Conference will take place when our study is still in progress, we will only be able to present first findings mainly from our first wave. However, we will focus on outlining the concept and innovations of our Rolling Cross-Section Panel Study.
Added Value: The paper presents a very innovative research study useful tools for academic and non-academic researchers that are interested in individual decision-making processes in future surveys.
Conference Homepage (abstract)
Web Survey Bibliography (6797)
- Exploring patterns of academic usage: A Google Scholar based study of ESS, EVS, WVS and ISSP academic...; 2013; Malnar, B.
- Adding Observation to Copy Testing with Kids; 2013; Hurley, B., Salo, M.
- Web questionnaires in official population surveys: Do's and don'ts First experiments and impacts...; 2013; Blanke, K.
- Gamified Surveys: Journey Into Product Development; 2013; Adamou, B.
- Phish Rising: How Internet Criminals are Undermining the Viability of Online Survey Research…and...; 2013; Kunovic, K.
- The State of Technology in Market Research; 2013; Macer, T.
- Avatare in der Marktforschung: Effekte künst-licher Interviewer im Online-Interview; 2013; Luetters, H.
- Möglichkeiten zur impliziten Messung von Emotionen am Beispiel webcambasierter Gesichtsausdruckserkennung...; 2013; Wachenfeld, A., Moentmann, A., Bernet, F.
- Historic Resource Surveys and the Internet; 2013; The Center for Historic Architecture University of Houston Gerald D. Hines College of Architecture
- Mode effects in Labour Force Surveys - do they really matter?; 2013; Koerner, T.
- Effects of Sponsorship on Response: Mixed-Mode Web and Mail Surveying ; 2013; Edwards, M. L., Dillman, D. A., Smyth, J.
- Identifying and Mitigating Satisficing in Web Surveys: Some Experimental Evidence; 2013; Rossmann, J.
- Does left still feel right? The optimal position of answer boxes in Web surveys - revisited; 2013; Lenzner, T., Kaczmirek, L.,Galesic, M.
- Latent legitimacy: joint effects of religious orientation on the association between values and acceptance...; 2013; Henseler, A. K., Siegers, P., Beckers, T.
- Identifying Satisficing Respondents in Web Surveys: A Comparison of Different Response Time-Based Approaches...; 2013; Rossmann, J.
- Comparison of quality of web survey and CATI data using unobtrusive response latencies; 2013; Mayerl, J.
- A walking exercise on a tightrope: trying to balance coverage, probabilistic sampling and the costs...; 2013; Poggio, T.
- Comparability of substantive results between modes and incentive conditions in a probability-based telephone...; 2013; Pekari, N.
- Designing a Pilot to Introduce Web Collection in the UK Labour Force Survey; 2013; Merad, S.
- Data Collection Method Comparisons for the 2011 Fishing, Hunting, and Wildlife-Associated Recreation...; 2013; Herbstritt, M., Hornick, D.
- Trends in Dutch egalitarian attitudes, 1975-2010: An age-period-cohort analysis; 2013; Meuleman, B., Oorschot, W. V.
- Comparing Questionnaire Pretesting Methods for the 2015 Population and Housing Census of Korea; 2013; Park, Y.
- Evaluating the middle category in the left-right self-placement question: Category Selection Probing...; 2013; Hufken, V., Rottinghaus, B.
- Mixed Methods in Cognitive Interviewing: An analysis of the Russian version of the Schwartz Value Survey...; 2013; Efremova, M., Panyusheva, T.
- A mixed methods approach to investigate how Cognitive Interviewing findings can improve the validity...; 2013; Padilla, J. L., Miller, K., Loeb, M.
- Exploring the results of pre-testing questions developed for the European Social Survey: Comparing...; 2013; Widdop, S.
- Validity of Measuring Educational Attainment - Education and Value Orientation in the European Values...; 2013; Ortmanns, V.
- The comparability of Don't Know answers between CATI and CAWI modes; 2013; Pohjanpaa, K., Jarvensivu, M.
- Measuring the same concepts in several modes in the "BIBB/BAuA-Employee-Survey 2011/12" ; 2013; Gensicke, M., Tschersich, N., Hartmann, J.
- Error Prevention through Interviewer Emulation? Introducing questionnaire dialogues in the Norwegian...; 2013; Gravem, D. F.
- Multiple Group Confirmatory and Exploratory Factor Analysis: Exploring Measurement Invariance by Rotational...; 2013; Asparouhov, T.
- BSEM Measurement Invariance Analysis; 2013; Muthen, B. O.
- Leveraging Auxiliary Data, Differential Incentives, and Survey Mode to Target Hard-to-Reach Groups in...; 2013; Link, M. W., Thu Burks, A.
- Does It Pay Off to Include Non-Internet Households in an Internet Panel? ; 2013; Leenheer, J., Scherpenzeel, A.
- ReCal OIR: Ordinal, Interval, and Ratio Intercoder Reliability as a Web Service; 2013; Freelon, D. G.
- Classifying Mouse Movements and Providing Help in Web Surveys; 2013; Horwitz, R.
- Video Interviewing: An Exploration of the Feasibility as a Mode of Survey Application; 2013; Jeannis, M., Terry, T. L., Heman-Ackah, R., Price, M.
- Matching Data Collection Method to Purpose: In the Moment Data Collection with Mobile Devices for Occasioned...; 2013; Shea, C., Roberts, M., Johnson, E. P., Hadlock, W.
- Filling the Void: Gaining a Better Understanding of Tablet-based Surveys; 2013; Wells, T., Bailey, J., Link, M. W.
- Old versus New: The Comparative Efficiency of Mail and Internet Surveys of State Legislators.; 2013; Fisher, S. H., Herrick, R.
- Mail and Web-Based Survey Administration: A Case Study With Recreational Users of Virginia's Wildlife...; 2013; Carrozzino-Lyon, A. L., McMullin, S. L., Parkhurst, J. A.
- The 2012 Confirmit Annual Market Research Software Survey; 2013; Macer, T., Wilson, S.
- A mixed-mode survey tackling against an increasing rate of nonresponse; 2013; Jokinen, M.
- Using Mixed-Mode Contacts in Client Surveys: Getting More Bang for Your Buck; 2013; Israel, G. D.
- Using Eye Tracking Data to Understand Respondent's Processing of Rating Scales; 2013; Kunz, T., Fuchs, M.
- Advancing the field of questionnaire translation - identifying problems, discussing methods, pushing...; 2013; Behr, D., Dorer, B., Van Houten, G
- European Values Study - methodological and substantive applications; 2013; Luijkx, R., Jagodzinski, W.
- The Impact of Culture and Economy on Values and Attitudes; 2013; Duelmer, H., Voicu, M.
- Educational attainment in cross-national surveys: instrument design, data collection, harmonisation...; 2013; Schneider, S.
- Mode Effects in Mixed-Mode Surveys: Prevention, Diagnostics, and Adjustment 1; 2013; de Leeuw, E. D., Dillman, D. A., Schouten, B.