Web Survey Bibliography
BACKGROUND/OBJECTIVES: To assess the validity and the reproducibility of a newly developed web-based, self-administered food frequency questionnaire (web-FFQ).
SUBJECTS/METHODS: A total of 74 healthy subjects (34 men and 40 women) from the Québec City metropolitan area were asked to complete, in random order, the web-FFQ, a validated interviewer-administered FFQ (IA-FFQ) and a 3-day food record (3-day FR).
RESULTS: Mean intakes of 17/22 nutrients assessed between the web-FFQ and the 3-day FR were not significantly different (differences <10%, P≥0.11). Sex and energy-adjusted de-attenuated Pearson correlation coefficients for each nutrient varied from 0.12-0.98 (mean R=0.55, 95% confidence interval 0.46; 0.63) between the web-FFQ and the 3-day FR. All correlations were significant (P≤0.01) and above 0.34 (mean R=0.59, 95% confidence interval 0.54; 0.65) between the web-FFQ and the IA-FFQ, except for sodium (R=0.17, P=0.14). Cross-classification analysis revealed that on average, 77% of subjects were classified in the same or adjacent quartile of nutrient intake between the web-FFQ and the 3-day FR. Correlation coefficients for reproducibility of the web-FFQ tested 4-6 weeks apart in the same individuals were all equal or above 0.48 (P≤0.0001; mean R=0.72, 95% confidence interval 0.68; 0.76). More than 90% of the subjects were classified in the same or adjacent quartile between the two administrations of the web-FFQ, while only 0.8% was misclassified.
CONCLUSIONS: These data demonstrate that the newly developed web-based FFQ appears to have reasonable validity and good reproducibility for assessing nutrient intakes at the group and individual levels in a population of healthy adults.
Journal Homepage (abstract) / (full text)
Web Survey Bibliography - Canada (120)
- Flexible insulin dosing improves health-related quality-of-life (HRQoL): a time trade-off survey; 2013; Evans, M. et al.
- 4 ways mobile research challenges insights pros; 2013; Rajan, B.
- Thoughts on using the new online qualitative tools; 2013; Freund, N. M.
- Optimizing quality of response through adaptive survey designs; 2013; Schouten, B., Calinescu, M., Luiten, A.
- Customer loyalty to a commercial website: Descriptive meta-analysis of the empirical literature and...; 2013; Toufaily, E., Ricard, L., Perrien, J.
- Discovering interest groups for marketing in virtual communities: An integrated approach; 2013; Wang, K. -Y., Wu, H. -J., Ting, I -H.
- Multimode, Global Scale Usage: Understanding respondent scale usage across borders and devices; 2013; Pettit, F. A., Courtright, M.
- Insights into Action Profiling shopping occasions for retailers through mobile and online research; 2013; Churkina, O., Morris, T.
- Recent Experiences with Electronic Questionnaire Testing at Statistics Canada ; 2013; Lawrence, D.
- A nationwide web-based freight data collection; 2013; Samimi, A., Mohammadian, A., Kawamura, K.
- Use of a Social Networking Web Site for Recruiting Canadian Youth for Medical Research; 2013; Chu, J. L., Snider, C. E.
- Mixed Mode: Phone and Web Discussion on Efficient Strategies; 2012; Gagnon, M.
- Survey Quality; 2012; Lyberg, L. E.
- Adaptive web sampling in ecology; 2012; Thompson, S. K.
- Respondent-driven sampling; 2012; Schonlau, M., Liebau, E.
- Reaching Under/Never Screened Populations Using an Online Survey; 2012; Filsinger, B., Gesink, D., Mihic, A., Kreiger, N.
- Evidence on the Comparison of Telephone and Internet Surveys for Respondent Recruitment.; 2012; Potoglou, D., Kanaroglou, P. S., Robinson, N.
- Firefly Online Surveys: A fully featured tool for Web surveys and forums; 2012; Deal, K.
- Transferring Telephone-Based National Household Travel Survey to the Internet ; 2012; Son, S., Khattak, A., Wang, X., Chen, J.-Y.
- Where is Neutral? Using Negativity Biases to Interpret Thermometer Scores; 2012; Soroka, S., Albaugh, Q.
- Comparability of Internet and telephone data in a survey on the respiratory health of children; 2012; Plante, C. Jacques, L., Chevalier, S., Fournier, M.
- Online and Paper-Based: A Mixed-Method Approach to Conducting a Needs Assessment Survey of Physicians...; 2012; Olatunbosun, T., Wu, C., Grewal, G., Lynn, B.
- Thinking, Planning & Operationalizing Empirical Mixed Methods Research Design; 2012; Ruhi, U.
- Designing and Doing Survey Research; 2012; Andres, L.
- Validity and reproducibility of a web-based, self-administered food frequency questionnaire; 2012; Labonte, M. - E., Cyr, A., Baril-Gravel, L., Royer, M. - M., Lamarche, B.
- Validation of an Informant-Reported Web-Based Data Collection to Assess Dementia Symptoms; 2012; Rockwood, K., Zeng, A., Leibman, C., Mucha, L., Mitnitski, A.
- Assessing the Effects of Technical Variance on the Statistical Outcomes of Web Experiments Measuring...; 2012; Brand, A., Bradley, M. T.
- The cost-effectiveness of cash versus lottery incentives for a web-based, stated-preference community...; 2012; Gajic, A., Cameron, D., Hurley, J.
- What is Probit; 2011
- Survey Data Quality Provisions in Statistics Canada E-Questionnaire Solution: Retrospective and Perspectives...; 2011; Abiza, Y.
- Developing Electronic Questionnaire Guidelines: Issues and Challenges in a Changing Environment; 2011; Cote, A.-M., Kelly, P., Lawrence, D.
- Canadian online panels: Similar or different?; 2011; Chan, P., Ambrose, D.
- How far is too far: Traditional, flash and gamification interfaces, and implications for the future...; 2011; Puleston, J., Malinoff, B.
- The Evolution of Edits in the Canadian Census of Population Online Questionnaires; 2011; Laroche, D.
- Innovations in survey sampling design: Discussion of three contributions presented at the U.S. Census...; 2011; Opsomer, J.
- Alternative survey sample designs: Sampling with multiple overlapping frames; 2011; Lohr, S. L.
- Adaptive network and spatial sampling; 2011; Thompson, S. K.
- Apples and oranges: does a web survey produce similar results to social media tracking?; 2011; Bourque, C., Hobbs, R., Hilaire, D. S.
- Preferences, intentions, and expectation violations: A large-scale experiment with a representative...; 2011; Bellemare. C., Kroeger, S., van Soest, A.
- Method of administration affects adolescent post-immunization survey response rate: phone, paper, internet...; 2011; Pielak, K. L.; Buxton, J.; McIntyrea, C.; Tu, A,; Botnick, M. R.
- e-Collection at Statistics Canada; 2011; Faid, M.
- Nonsampling errors in dual frame telephone surveys ; 2011; Brick, J. M., Flores Cervantes, I., Lee, S., Norman, G.
- Studying Political Behavior: A Comparison of Internet and Telephone Surveys; 2011; Stephenson, L. B., Crête, J.
- The feasibility of Web-based surveys as a data collection tool: a process evaluation ; 2011; Chizawsky L. L. K., Estabrooks, C. A., Sales, A. E.
- Accounting for the effects of data collection modes in population surveys; 2010; Huang, Y. C., Thompson, M. E., Boudreau, C., Fong, G. T.
- From Buzz to Biz: Social Media Research for Results; 2010; Pettit, F. A.
- The Rise of Survey Programming Automation as an Alternative to Outsourcing; 2010; Ahmed, A. S., Guyer, L.
- Sexy Questions, Dangerous Results? - Exploring the Impact of Rich Media Question Formats in Online Survey...; 2010; Malinoff, B.
- Statistics Canada's Process Automation of On-line Survey Development and CATI Data Integration; 2010; Dubois, M.-A.
- System and method of providing an online survey and summarizing survey response data; 2010; Ryan, C. J.