Web Survey Bibliography
BACKGROUND/OBJECTIVES: To assess the validity and the reproducibility of a newly developed web-based, self-administered food frequency questionnaire (web-FFQ).
SUBJECTS/METHODS: A total of 74 healthy subjects (34 men and 40 women) from the Québec City metropolitan area were asked to complete, in random order, the web-FFQ, a validated interviewer-administered FFQ (IA-FFQ) and a 3-day food record (3-day FR).
RESULTS: Mean intakes of 17/22 nutrients assessed between the web-FFQ and the 3-day FR were not significantly different (differences <10%, P≥0.11). Sex and energy-adjusted de-attenuated Pearson correlation coefficients for each nutrient varied from 0.12-0.98 (mean R=0.55, 95% confidence interval 0.46; 0.63) between the web-FFQ and the 3-day FR. All correlations were significant (P≤0.01) and above 0.34 (mean R=0.59, 95% confidence interval 0.54; 0.65) between the web-FFQ and the IA-FFQ, except for sodium (R=0.17, P=0.14). Cross-classification analysis revealed that on average, 77% of subjects were classified in the same or adjacent quartile of nutrient intake between the web-FFQ and the 3-day FR. Correlation coefficients for reproducibility of the web-FFQ tested 4-6 weeks apart in the same individuals were all equal or above 0.48 (P≤0.0001; mean R=0.72, 95% confidence interval 0.68; 0.76). More than 90% of the subjects were classified in the same or adjacent quartile between the two administrations of the web-FFQ, while only 0.8% was misclassified.
CONCLUSIONS: These data demonstrate that the newly developed web-based FFQ appears to have reasonable validity and good reproducibility for assessing nutrient intakes at the group and individual levels in a population of healthy adults.
Journal Homepage (abstract) / (full text)
Web Survey Bibliography (6390)
- The equivalence of Internet versus paper-based surveys in IT/IS adoption research in collectivistic...; 2013; Fang, J., Wen, C., Prybutok, V.
- Examining the Gender Effects of Different Incentive Amounts in a Web Survey; 2013; Boulianne, S. J.
- Online Survey Software; 2013; Baker, J. D.
- How Do Lotteries and Study Results Influence Response Behavior in Online Panels?; 2013; Goeritz, A., Luthe, S. C.
- Mode Effects in Free-list Elicitation: Comparing Oral, Written, and Web-based Data Collection; 2013; Gravlee, C. C., Bernard, H. R., R., Jacobsohn, A., R.Maxwell, C. R.
- Incentives for college student participation in web-based substance use surveys; 2013; Patrick, M. E., Singer, E., Boyd, C. J., Cranford, J. A., McCabe, S. E.
- The effect of short formative diagnostic web quizzes with minimal feedback; 2013; Baelter, O., Enstroem, E., Klingenberg, B.
- Increasing Web Survey Response Rates in Innovation Research: An Experimental Study of Static and Dynamic...; 2013; Sauermann, H.; Roach, M.
- Sample composition discrepancies in different stages of a probability-based online panel; 2013; Bosnjak, M., Haas, I., Galesic, M., Kaczmirek, L., Bandilla, W., Couper, M. P.
- Survey of Cloud Computing; 2013; Furht, B.
- A comparison of data quality and practicality of online versus postal questionnaires in a sample of...; 2013; King, M. T., Butow, P., Olver, I., Smith, A. B.
- Up Means Good: The Impact of Screen Position on Evaluative Ratings in Web Surveys.; 2013; Tourangeau, R., Conrad, F. G., Couper, M. P.
- WebSM Study: Overview of Features of Software Packages: SurveyMonkey, QuestionPro, FluidSurveys, Wufoo...; 2012; Cehovin, G.; Vehovar, V.
- WebSM Study: Speed and efficiency of online survey tools; 2012; Cehovin, G.; Vehovar, V.
- Worldwide online research spending; 2012
- What we can learn from unintentional mobile respondents; 2012; Peterson, G.
- Using paradata to explore item-level response times in surveys; 2012; Couper, M. P., Kreuter, F.
- Using multivariate statistics, 6th Edition; 2012; Tabachnick, B. G., Fidell, L. S.
- Unintentional mobile respondents; 2012; Peterson, G.
- Tracking preference expression (DNT); 2012
- The smartphone psychology manifesto; 2012; Miller, G.
- The rise of the "connected viewer"; 2012; Smith, A., Boyles, J. L.
- The practice of social research; 2012; Babbie, E. R.
- The integration of facebook into class management: an exploratory study; 2012; Chou, P. N.
- The effects of item saliency and question design on measurement error in a self-administered survey; 2012; Stern, M. J., Smyth, J. D., Mendez, J.
- The cross platform report. Q2 -2012 - US; 2012
- Speed (necessarily) doesn’t kill: A new way to detect survey satisficing; 2012; Garland, P. et al.
- Smartphone ownership update: September 2012; 2012; Rainie, L.
- Sensitive topics in PC Web and mobile web surveys: Is there a difference?; 2012; Mavletova, A. M., Couper, M. P.
- Selection bias of internet panel surveys: A comparison with a paper-based survey and national governmental...; 2012; Tsuboi, S. et al.
- Screenwise panel: Frequently Asked Questions; 2012
- Research company spotlight - Mobile surveys; 2012
- Redeveloping the research section of Meningitis UK's website — A case study report; 2012; Witt, J. et al.
- Quality in market research. From theory to practice. 2nd Edition; 2012; Harding, D., Jackson, P.
- Participation of mobile users in traditional online studies; 2012; Jue, A.
- Online survey statistics for the mobile future. Updated with Q3 2012 data; 2012
- Ofcom technology tracker Wave 3; 2012
- Ofcom technology tracker Wave 2; 2012
- Not just playing around; 2012; Ewing, T.
- Norme di qualita' Assirm (Assirm quality rules]; 2012
- NBCU enlists Google, ComScore to track multiscreen Olympics viewing; 2012; Spangler, T.
- MRS Guidelines for online reseach; 2012
- More dirty little secrets of online panel research.; 2012
- Mobile usability; 2012; Nielsen, J., Budiu, R.
- Mobile email opens report 2nd half 2011; 2012
- Metering mobile usage. Insights from global Arbitron mobile trends panel; 2012; Verkasalo, H.
- Media tracker; 2012
- Measuring the quality of governmental websites in a controlled versus an online setting with the ‘...; 2012; Elling, S. et al.
- Measuring modern media consumption; 2012; Arini, N.
- ISO 20252. Market, opinion and social research-Vocabulary and service requirements, 2nd Edition; 2012