Web Survey Bibliography
OBJECTIVES To describe a novel, low-cost, online health-related quality of life (HRQOL) survey that allows for automated follow-up and convenient access for patients in geographically diverse locations. Clinicians and investigators have been encouraged to use validated HRQOL instruments when reporting outcomes after radical prostatectomy.
METHODS The institutional review board approved our protocol and the use of a secure web site (http://www.SurveyMonkey.com) to send patients a collection of validated postprostatectomy HRQOL instruments by electronic mail. To assess compliance with the electronic mail format, a pilot study of cross-sectional surveys was sent to patients who presented for follow-up after robotic-assisted laparoscopic prostatectomy. The response data were transmitted in secure fashion in compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.
RESULTS After providing written informed consent, 514 patients who presented for follow-up after robotic-assisted laparoscopic prostatectomy from March 2010 to February 2011 were sent the online survey. A total of 293 patients (57%) responded, with an average age of 60 years and a median interval from surgery of 12 months. Of the respondents, 75% completed the survey within 4 days of receiving the electronic mail, with a median completion time of 15 minutes. The total survey administration costs were limited to the web site's $200 annual fee-for-service.
CONCLUSIONS An online survey can be a low-cost, efficient, and confidential modality for assessing validated HRQOL outcomes in patients who undergo treatment of localized prostate cancer. This method could be especially useful for those who cannot return for follow-up because of geographic reasons.
ScienceDirect (abstract) / (full text)
Web Survey Bibliography - USA (2403)
- Educational use of smart phone technology: A survey of mobile phone application use by undergraduate...; 2013; Bomhold, C. R.
- Does website‐based information add any value in counseling mothers expecting a baby with severe...; 2013; Engels, A. C. et al.
- Middle School Sexual Harassment, Violence and Social Networks; 2013; Mumford, E. A. et al.
- Customer satisfaction in Web 2.0 and information technology development; 2013; Sharma, G., Baoku, L.
- To preserve or not to preserve; 2013; Mersereau, J. E. et al.
- Media Commons: the process and value of centralizing services; 2013; Mestre, L. S.
- Developing and completing a library mobile technology survey to create a user-centered mobile presence...; 2013; A., Bonadie-Joseph, I., Cain, J.Becker, D. A.
- Dialogistic Presence on Community College Websites in Nine Megastates; 2013; Shadinger, D.
- Foreign workers in Saudi Arabia: a field study of role ambiguity, identification, information-seeking...; 2013; Showail, S. J., McLean Parks, J., Smith, F. L.
- Should the third reminder be sent? The role of survey response timing on web survey results; 2013; Rao, K., Pennington, J.
- Assessing Nonresponse Bias in the Green Technologies and Practices Survey; 2013; Meekins, B., Sverchkov, M., Stang, S.
- Using an Item Response Theory Approach to Measure Survey Mode of Administration Effects: Analysis of...; 2013; Mariano, L. T., Elliott, M. N.
- How Does Online Survey Mode Affect Answers to Customer Feedback Loyalty Surveys?; 2013; Gupta, A., Lee, J.
- Using Internet Panel Surveys for Behavioral Health Surveillance; 2013; Gotway Crawford, C., Okoro, C. A., Dhingra, S., Akcin, H., Zhao, G., Ford, D., Pierannunzi, C.
- Model-Based Mode of Data Collection Switching from Internet to Mail in the American Community Survey; 2013; Chesnut, J.
- Estimating Mode Effects Without Bias: A Randomized Experiment to Compare Mode Effects Between Face-to...; 2013; Rivers, D., Vavreck, L.
- How Mobile Stacks Up to Traditional Online: A Comparison of Studies; 2013; Knowles, R.
- Why respondents suffer if you're not mobile-ready; 2013; Knapton, K.
- Thoughts on retrieving information from open-ended questions; 2013; Luyens, S.
- Social media data demands a marriage of high-tech and high-touch; 2013; Waldheim, C., Stevens, N.
- Book Review: Brand Together: How Co-creation Generates Innovation and Re-energizes Brands, by Nicholas...; 2013; Wilson, A.
- Digging deeper: using implicit tests to define consumers' semantic network; 2013; Riviere, P., Cuny, C., Allain, G., Vereijken, C.
- Conceptualising and evaluating experiences with brands on Facebook; 2013; Smith, S.
- Lotteries and study results in market research online panels; 2013; Goeritz, A.; Luthe, S. C.
- Estimates on the effectiveness of web application firewalls against targeted attacks; 2013; Holm, H., Ekstedt, M.
- Respondent Rewards: Money for Nothing?; 2013; Martin, P.
- How to make your questionnaire mobile-ready; 2013; Cape, P. J.
- Did I Do That? How Trap Questions Can Hurt Data Quality; 2013; Phillips, K.
- Leveraging mobile and online qualitative to get inside shoppers’ heads; 2013; Bryson, J., Ritzo, J.
- Utilization of High-Technology to Collect Health Risk Assessment Information from Medicare Members:...; 2013; Freedman, D., VanderHorst, N.
- Comparison of Smartphone and Online Computer Survey Administration; 2013; Wells, T., Bailey, J., Link, M. W.
- Attitudes of Nebraska Residents on Nebraska Water Management; 2013; Dillman, D. A., Edwards, M. L.
- Attitudes of Washington Residents on Washington Water Management; 2013; Dillman, D. A., Edwards, M. L.
- A Comparison of Data Quality Across Modes in a Mixed-Mode Collection of Administrative Records; 2013; Worthy, M., Mayclin, D.
- Reconceptualizing Survey Representativeness for Evaluating and Using Nonprobability Samples; 2013; Fan, D. P.
- To Click, Type, or Drag? Evaluating Speed of Survey Data Input Methods; 2013; Husser, J. A., Husser, J. A.
- Unit Nonresponse and Weighting Adjustments: A Critical Review; 2013; Brick, J. M.
- Measuring the impact of the Web: Rasch modelling for survey evaluation; 2013; Annoni, P., Weziak-Bialowolska, D., Farhan, H.
- Online Case Studies: HESI Exit Exam Scores and NCLEX-RN Outcomes; 2013; Young, A., Rose, G., Willson, P.
- The Challenges and Benefits of Distance Mentoring; 2013; Lach, H. W. et al
- Hail to Thee, Our Alma Mater: Alumni Role Identity and the Relationship to Institutional Support Behaviors...; 2013; McDearmon, J. T.
- Using Tablet Computers For “Intentional” Mobile Research; 2013; Seal, J.
- Encouraging Record Use For Financial Asset Questions In A Web Survey; 2013; Couper, M. P., Ofstedal, M. B., Lee, S.
- Experiments with methods to reduce attrition in longitudinal surveys; 2013; Fumagalli, L., Laurie, H., Lynn, P.
- How incentives affect web-based survey response rates of athletic program donors; 2013; Alvarado, G., Callison, C.
- Investigating the Relationship among Prepaid Token Incentives, Response Rates, and Nonresponse Bias...; 2013; Parsons, N. L., Manierre, M. J.
- The Effect of Survey Mode on High School Risk Behavior Data: a Comparison between Web and Paper-based...; 2013; Raghupathy, S., Hahn-Smith, S.
- Permission email messages significantly increase gambler retention; 2013; Jolley, W., Lee, A., Mizerski, R., Sadeque, S.
- How virtual corporate social responsibility dialogs generate value: A framework and propositions; 2013; Korschun, D., Du, S.
- Understanding service quality in a virtual travel community environment; 2013; Elliot, S., Li, G., Choi, C.