Web Survey Bibliography
With the globally increasing prevalence of diabetes and the knowledge on how to prevent the disease there is a high demand for an effective way of identifying people at risk.
The hypothesis behind this investigation was that incorporation of the FINnish Diabetes Risk SCore (FINDRISC) questionnaire in a regular workplace survey would be a feasible way to identify individuals and groups at risk for diabetes that could benefit from preventive interventions.
The eight FINDRISC questions were slightly modified and incorporated to Webb-QPS, an online work place survey, and distributed by e-mail to 5166 employees at Karolinska University Hospital (KUH).
The total number of responders to Webb-QPS was 3581 (69%). Of those responding 3029 (84%) replied to the FINDRISC section which comprises 59% of the original population. A group of 1082 high risk individuals could be considered for intervention whereof 298 (9.8%) are expected to develop diabetes the upcoming 10 years if left without intervention.
It is feasible to incorporate a diabetes risk score such as the FINDRISC in a workplace survey. A group that could be subject to preventive intervention programs was identified.
ScienceDirect (abstract) / (full text)
Web Survey Bibliography - Marketing/business (693)
- Lotteries and study results in market research online panels; 2013; Goeritz, A., Luthe, S. C.
- Survey quality prediction system 2.0; 2013
- A nationwide web-based freight data collection; 2013; Samimi, A., Mohammadian, A., Kawamura, K.
- Measuring Wages Worldwide: Exploring the Potentials and Constraints of Volunteer Web Surveys; 2013; Steinmetz, S., Raess, D., Tijdens, K., de Pedraza, P.
- Managing mobile research: How it's different and why it matters; 2013; Kachhi-Jiwani, D., Tucker, J., Wilding-Brown, L.
- An approach to selecting online respondents; 2013; Terhanian, G.
- By the Numbers: Theory of adaptation or survival of the fittest?; 2013; Cavallaro, K.
- Measuring wages via a volunteer web survey – a cross-national analysis of item nonresponse; 2013; Steinmetz, S., Annmaria, B.
- Measuring working conditions in a volunteer web survey; 2013; de Pedraza, P., Villacampa, A.
- Prison break: Releasing offline experiments from methodological constraints by transforming them into...; 2013; Förstel, H., Manthei, K., Mohnen, A., Berger, G.
- Research Design as an Influencing Factor for Reliability in Online Market Research; 2013; Wengrzik, J., Theuner, G.
- 'Ready to complete the survey on Facebook': Web 2.0 as a research tool in business studies; 2013; Gregori, A., Baltar, F.
- Worldwide online research spending; 2012
- What we can learn from unintentional mobile respondents; 2012; Peterson, G.
- Unintentional mobile respondents; 2012; Peterson, G.
- The integration of facebook into class management: an exploratory study; 2012; Chou, P. N.
- The cross platform report. Q2 -2012 - US; 2012
- Screenwise panel: Frequently Asked Questions; 2012
- Research company spotlight - Mobile surveys; 2012
- Quality in market research. From theory to practice. 2nd Edition; 2012; Harding, D., Jackson, P.
- Online survey statistics for the mobile future. Updated with Q3 2012 data; 2012
- Not just playing around; 2012; Ewing, T.
- MRS Guidelines for online reseach; 2012
- Mobile usability; 2012; Nielsen, J., Budiu, R.
- Mobile email opens report 2nd half 2011; 2012
- ISO 20252. Market, opinion and social research-Vocabulary and service requirements, 2nd Edition; 2012
- Global market research 2012; 2012
- The war against unengaged online respondents; 2012; Gittelman, S. H., Trimarchi, E.
- Qualitatively Speaking: The five absolute, no-excuse must-dos for online qualitative researchers; 2012; Rossow, A.
- By the Numbers: Lessons for using online panels in B2B research; 2012; Elsner, N.
- Measure the response burden in the Swedish Intrastat system; 2012; Weideskog, F.
- Improving the quality of complex surveys: The case of the EU Labour Force Survey ; 2012; van der Valk, J.
- The re-engineering of the Structural Earnings survey process: Mixed - Mode data collection and new E...; 2012; Cardinaleschi, S., De Santis, S., Rocci, F., Spinelli, V.
- Developments and the impact of smart technology; 2012; Macer, T.
- Multi-Language Multi-Continent B2B Community Panel: How B2B research can effectively span the world; 2012; Morden, M., Accomando, E.
- Can Survey Gaming Techniques Cross Continents? Examining cross cultural reactions to creative questioning...; 2012; Puleston, J.
- Research Goes Mobile: Findings from initial smartphone application research; 2012; Dubreuil, C., Joubert, S.
- Research in the Mobile Mindset: Exploring the unexplored in the mobile research space; 2012; Willems, A., Veris, E., Verhaeghe, A.
- Probabilistic survey questions and incorrect answers: Retirement income replacement rates; 2012; van Santen, P., Alessie, R., Kalwij, A.
- Improving Representativeness In Online Surveys Using A Combined Internet/Postal Approach: Evidence From...; 2012; Atorough, P., Donaldson, B., Harris, A.
- Evidence on the Comparison of Telephone and Internet Surveys for Respondent Recruitment.; 2012; Potoglou, D., Kanaroglou, P. S., Robinson, N.
- Mobile Survey Participation Rates in Commercial Market Research: A Meta-Analysis; 2012; Bosnjak, M., Poggio, T., Becker, K. R., Funke, F., Wachenfeld, A., Fischer, B.
- “What a waste of time!” vs “Why not participate?” On sentiments by business...; 2012; Torres van Grinsven, V., Snijkers, G., Daas, P.
- Measuring work activities and skill requirements of occupations: Experiences from a European pilot study...; 2012; Tijdens, K., De Ruijter, E., De Ruijter, J.
- Myths and realities of respondent engagement in online surveys; 2012; Downes-Le Guin, T., Baker, R. P., Mechling, J., Ruyle, E.
- A beginner's guide to DIY research ; 2012; Cates, T.
- The Reliability and Validity of Alternative Customer Satisfaction Measurement Scales in PC Web and Mobile...; 2012; Chrzan, K., Saunders, T.
- Demonstration of an Integrated Sample Management System for a Mixed Mode (Paper/Web) Survey; 2012; Ullman, E., Peng, H., Helppie McFall, B.
- The Confirmit Annual Market Research Software Survey 2011; 2012; Macer, T.,
- How Likely?: Comparisons of Behavioral Intention Measurement Validity; 2012; Bremer, J., Thomas, R. K.