Web Survey Bibliography
Increased use of the Internet over the past decade provides new opportunities to use Web-based questionnaires in epidemiological studies. Compared to traditional paper-based questionnaires, Web-based alternatives may simplify data collection and improve the quality of data [1-3]. The need to design and validate questionnaires specifically for use on the Web has, therefore, increased in recent years. Many Web-based questionnaires used today are directly transferred from printed questionnaires rather than being originally developed for the medium in which they are used. Thus, few take advantage of the potential interactive features offered by the Web. For example, the burden on the respondent can be decreased by using follow-up questions, and errors can be minimized by implementing automatic controls for missing, inconsistent, or anomalous answers .
At present, there are few physical activity questionnaires available specifically developed for the Web. To the best of our knowledge, only one Web-based questionnaire (that assessed lifetime physical activity) has been validated and showed acceptable results . Therefore, we developed a series of interactive questionnaires that assess total physical activity and inactivity in different age groups. The Active-Q questionnaire assesses physical activity and inactivity during the past year in subjects over 18 years.
The primary aim of this study was to test the validity of Active-Q against the doubly labeled water (DLW) method, the criterion standard for measuring energy expenditure . Furthermore, the reproducibility of Active-Q was assessed by comparing the results obtained from the questionnaire on two separate occasions.
Journal Homepage (abstract) / (full text)
Web Survey Bibliography - United Kingdom (395)
- Flexible insulin dosing improves health-related quality-of-life (HRQoL): a time trade-off survey; 2013; Evans, M. et al.
- Research staff and public engagement: a UK study; 2013; Davies, S.
- Reaching and Hearing the Invisible: Organizational Research on Invisible Stigmatized Groups via Web...; 2013; Trau, R. N. C. et al.
- The Role of Mode Preference Questions in Predicting Mode-Specific Response Propensities; 2013; Lynn, P., Kaminska, O.
- Development of a Questionnaire and Cross-Sectional Survey of Patient eHealth Readiness and eHealth Inequalities...; 2013; Jones, R.
- A report on the Confirmit Market Research Software Survey 2013; 2013; Macer, T., Wilson, S.
- Enhancing student engagement in student experience surveys: a mixed methods study; 2013; Webber, M., Lynch, S., Oluku, J.
- Where Am I? A Meta-Analysis of Experiments on the Effects of Progress Indicators for Web Surveys; 2013; Villar, A., Callegaro, M., Yang, Y.
- Web Coverage in the UK and its Potential Impact on General Population Web Surveys; 2013; Callegaro, M.
- Issues of Coverage and Sampling in Web Surveys for the General Population; 2013; Lynn, P.
- Web psychosocial surveys in cancer survivorship - a methodological note; 2013; Santin, O., Mills, M., Treanor, C., Mc Donald, G., Donnelly, M.
- Going online with a face-to-face household panel: initial results from an experiment on the Understanding...; 2013; Jaeckle, A., Lynn, P., Burton, J.
- Targeted response inducement strategies on longitudinal surveys; 2013; Lynn, P.
- Research note: E-store image, perceived value and perceived risk; 2013; Chang, E. -C., Tseng, Y. -F.
- Retail relationships in a digital age; 2013; Keeling, K., Keeling, D., McGoldrick, P.
- Gamification Master Class; 2013; Puleston, J.
- Research Communities in Asia Pacific: A review of similarities and contrasts; 2013; Poynter, R.
- Advanced Research Methods Training in the UK: Current Provision and Future Strategies; 2013; Moley, S., Wiles, R., Sturgis, P.
- Doing real time research: Opportunities and challenges; 2013; Back, L., Lury, C., Zimmer, R.
- ‘Digital Methods as Mainstream Methodology’: Building capacity in the research community...; 2013; Roberts, S., Hine, C., Morey, Y., Snee, H., Watson, H.
- New social media, new social science?; 2013; Woodfield, K., Morrell, G.
- Digital technology and data collection; 2013; Henriksen, B., Jewitt, C., Price, S., Sakr, M.
- From Face‐to‐face to Web: Consequences for Measurement of Complex and Open‐ended Questions...; 2013; Villar, A., Fitzgerald, R., Martin, P., Harrison, E., Gatrrell, L.
- The Technology Behind Mobile Research: Browsers vs. Apps ; 2013; Macer, T.
- Impact of mode design on reliability in longitudinal data; 2013; Cernat, A.
- Exploring the results of pre-testing questions developed for the European Social Survey: Comparing...; 2013; Widdop, S.
- The 2012 Confirmit Annual Market Research Software Survey; 2013; Macer, T., Wilson, S.
- Online survey of insolvency professionals undertaken for TSO. Summary analysis prepared for survey participants...; 2013; Tribe, J., Purdy, D.
- A probability-based web panel for UK policy research: some initial thoughts from a Government survey...; 2013; Littlechild, J.
- A probability-based web panel for the UK: What could it look like?; 2013; Nicolaas, G.
- Current UK provision of web panaels and Omnibus; 2013; Lagorio, C.
- Feasibility of Using Web to Survey at a Sample of Addresses: a UK ESS experiment; 2013; Villar, A.
- What works? Getting the General Population To Go Online in a Mixed Mode Local Health Survey; 2013; Frigault, L.-R., Azzou, S. A. K., Molloy, E. J. K., Ammarguellat, F., Couture, M., Gratton, J.
- ONS Plans for Web Data Collection in LFS; 2013; Lound, C.
- On-line questionnaire completion time and personality test scores; 2013; Furnham, A., Hyde, G., Trickey, G.
- Questionnaire development & testing in the 21st century: What are the challenges?; 2013; Collins, D.
- Paradata in Web Surveys; 2013; Callegaro, M.
- The E-Interview in Qualitative Research; 2013; Bampton, R., Cowton, C., Downs, Y.
- The Distinctiveness of Online Research: Descriptive Assemblages, Unobtrusiveness, and Novel Kinds of...; 2013; Lanfrey, D.
- Advancing Research Methods with New Technologies; 2013; Sappleton, N.
- From mixed-mode to multiple devices. Web surveys, smartphone surveys and apps: has the respondent gone...; 2013; Callegaro, M.
- Using mobile devices to access the realities of youth: How identification with society influences political...; 2013; Smith, M.
- Web coverage in the UK and its potential impact on general population web surveys; 2013; Callegaro, M.
- Surveys on Mobile Devices: Opportunities and Challenges; 2013; Couper, M. P.
- Measurement effects in mixed-mode panel surveys; 2013; Lugtig, P. J.
- Life history calendars - a viable method for web-based data collection?; 2013; Glasner, T., van der Vaart, W.
- Measurement issues in web surveys: An overview of opportunities and challenges; 2013; Calderwood, L.
- Experiences from a probability-based Internet panel: Sample, recruitment and participation; 2013; Scherpenzeel, A.
- Participation and engagement in web surveys of the general population: An overview of challenges and...; 2013; Roberts, C.
- Using Web Survey Panels to Estimate Population Characteristics: A Comparison of Alternative Approaches...; 2013; Rivers, D.