Web Survey Bibliography
Aim. The aim of this paper is to report on the development and validation of an evaluation questionnaire for nursing websites.
Background. Increasing numbers of the general public and health care professionals are using the Internet to access health and health care-related information. The quality of such websites, therefore, needs to be evaluated.
Methods. A total of 24 websites in the United States and Taiwan, including websites in 13 leading schools and 11 hospitals, were selected as test websites. A total of 120 participants with Master's degrees in either nursing or mechanical engineering were invited to examine the 24 websites using a nursing website evaluation questionnaire. A 32-item questionnaire was developed, covering overall impression, download and switch speed, accessibility and convenience, web page content, service function and compatibility with common browsers. Participants were requested to connect to the specific websites and browse the contents before filling in the questionnaire. The results were arranged into 12 different sequences and prepared on a CD using Macromedia Dreamweaver. Data were analysed using Cronbach's α, Guttman split-half reliability and factor analysis.
Findings. Internal consistency was good, with a Cronbach's α of 0·93 in Part I and a KR-20 (Kuder Richardson) of 0·85 in Part II. Four factors given in Part I were identified as content truth, accessibility and convenience, speed and connection, and overall impression.
Conclusion. The nursing website evaluation questionnaire had good construct validity and internal consistency.
Journal Homepage (abstract) / (full text)
Web Survey Bibliography - Online measurement (799)
- E-Census 2011 Portugal: implementation and results of the Pilot Survey; 2011; Vicente, P., Rosa, A., Reis, E.
- Sampling v. Scale: An investigation the tension between convenience sampling, response rates, probability...; 2011; Garland, P.
- Using Amazon's Mechanical Turk for the recruitment of participants in Internet-based research; 2011; Reips, U. -D., Buffardi, L., Kuhlmann, T.
- Should we use the progress bar in online surveys? A meta-analysis of experiments manipulating progress...; 2011; Callegaro, M., Yang, Y., Villar, A.
- In the market for an online panel? What clients need to know; 2011; Hartmann, S.
- How Procter & Gamble worked to develop online data quality guidelines; 2011; Gloeckler, D.
- Web/Cloud Based CATI Using queXS; 2011; Zammit, A.
- Developing Paradata Tools to Maximize Call Center Conversion Rates; 2011; Heinrich, T., Pittman, J., Abu, K.
- e-Collection at Statistics Canada; 2011; Faid, M.
- Developing and Implementing Adaptive Total Design (ATD); 2011; Carley-Baxter, L. R., Mitchell, S., Peytchev, A., Day, O.
- Partnership-Driven Resources to Improve and Enhance Research (PRIMER): A Survey of Community-Engaged...; 2011; Dolor, R. J., Greene, S. M., Thompson, E., Baldwin, L.-M., Neale, A. V.
- Examination of a ’Web Mode Effect’. An Experimental Comparison of Web and Paper Based Surveys...; 2011; Shamshiri-Petersen, D., Clement, S. L.
- The Changing Face of Trust in Health Websites; 2011; Sillence, L., Mo, P., Briggs, P., Harris, P. R.
- Internet & Learning: A Decade of Transformation in Learning Practices; 2011; Haythornthwaite, C., Andrews, R., Jones, C., de Castell, S., Goodfellow, R., Jewitt, C., Barton, D.
- Quantifying Open-Ended Responses: Results from an Online Advertising Tracking Survey; 2011; Jacobe, A., Brewer, L., Vakalia, F., Turner, S., Marsh, S. M.
- Statistical methods for reducing bias in web surveys; 2011; Lee, M. H.
- Agree-Disagree Response Format versus Importance Judgment; 2011; Krebs, D.
- Errors within web-based surveys: a comparison between two different tools for the analysis of tourist...; 2011; Polizzi, G., Oliveri, A. M.
- Benefits of Structured DDI Metadata across the Data Lifecycle: The STARDAT Project at the GESIS Data...; 2011; Linne, M., Brislinger, E., Zenk-Moeltgen, W.
- Microdata Information System MISSY; 2011; Bohr, J.,
- The Use of Structured Survey Instrument Metadata throughout the Data Lifecycle; 2011; Hansen, S. E.
- DDI and the Lifecycle of Longitudinal Surveys; 2011; Hoyle, L., Wackerow, J.
- Dissemination of survey (meta)data in the LISS data archive; 2011; Streefkerk, M., Elshout, S.
- Does the direction of Likert-type scales influence response behavior in web surveys?; 2011; Keusch, F.
- Cross-country Comparisons: Effects of Scale Type and Response Style Differences; 2011; Thomas, R. K.
- Explaining more variance with visual analogue scales: A Web experiment; 2011; Funke, F.
- Cognitive process in answering questions: Are verbal labels in rating scales attended to?; 2011; Menold, N., Kaczmirek, L., Lenzner, T.
- Cognitive interviewing in web surveys: the use of probing questions in cross-national web surveys; 2011; Behr, D., Braun, M., Kaczmirek, L., Bandilla, W.
- The impact of monetary incentives on completion and data quality in online surveys; 2011; van Veen, F., Goeritz, A., Sattler, S.
- The role of visual and aural stimuli in producing mode effects on answers to survey questions; 2011; Lynn, P., Hope, S., Campanelli, P., Nandi, A., Nicolaas, G., Jaeckle, A.
- Causes of Mode Effects on Survey Measurement ; 2011; Lynn, P., Campanelli, P., Nicolaas, G., Hope, S., Nandi, A., Jaeckle, A.
- Exploring use of information in paradata through calibration method to detect and adjust non-response...; 2011; Billiet, J. Matsuo, H.
- Assessment of propensity score methods on nonresponse bias adjustment; 2011; Alanya, A., Billiet, J., Matsuo, H.
- Ethical Dilemmas in Dealing with Web Paradata; 2011; Couper, M. P., Singer, E.
- A Web Survey Program Based on Computer Technology and Its Application to Evaluation Model about Youth...; 2011; Song, M., Song, Y-G., Yang, T.
- Conceptualizing the value of Web content in marketing research; 2011; Chang, J.
- Image effects on online survey respondents; 2011; Marinica, B.
- Measuring User Satisfaction in the Lab: Questionnaire Mode, Physical Location, and Social Presence Concerns...; 2011; Jans, M., Romano, J. C., Ashenfelter, K. T., Krosnick, J. A.
- Race-of-Virtual-Interviewer Effects; 2011; Conrad, F. G., Schober, M. F., Nielsen, D.
- Analyzing Paradata as a Form of Post-hoc "Remote" Usability Testing: Initial Results From...; 2011; Ashenfelter, K. T., Jans, M.
- Sensitive Questions in Online Surveys: Experimental Results for the Randomized Response Technique (RRT...; 2011; Coutts, E., Jann, B.
- Comparing the Accuracy of RDD Telephone Surveys and Internet Surveys Conducted with Probability and...; 2011; Yeager, D. S., Krosnick, J. A., Chang, L. C., Javitz, H. S., Levindusky, M. S., Simpser, A.; Wang, R...
- What it takes to be a top 100 website; 2010
- There is an app for that! A review of smartphone apps for marketing research; 2010; Michelson, M.
- The weirdest people in the world?; 2010; Heine, S. J., Henrich, J., Norenzayan, A.
- Surveying cultures: Discovering shared conceptions and sentiments; 2010; Heise, D. R.
- Research synthesis. AAPOR report on online panels; 2010; Brick, J. M. et al.
- Real ID. State of The Art Representative and Repeatable Online Samples. Behaviorally Profiled Respondents...; 2010; Gittelman, S. H., Trimarchi, E.
- Paradata: a new data source from web-administered measures; 2010; Sowan, A. K., Jenkins, L. S.
- Overview of data collection methodology; 2010