Web Survey Bibliography
Aim. The aim of this paper is to report on the development and validation of an evaluation questionnaire for nursing websites.
Background. Increasing numbers of the general public and health care professionals are using the Internet to access health and health care-related information. The quality of such websites, therefore, needs to be evaluated.
Methods. A total of 24 websites in the United States and Taiwan, including websites in 13 leading schools and 11 hospitals, were selected as test websites. A total of 120 participants with Master's degrees in either nursing or mechanical engineering were invited to examine the 24 websites using a nursing website evaluation questionnaire. A 32-item questionnaire was developed, covering overall impression, download and switch speed, accessibility and convenience, web page content, service function and compatibility with common browsers. Participants were requested to connect to the specific websites and browse the contents before filling in the questionnaire. The results were arranged into 12 different sequences and prepared on a CD using Macromedia Dreamweaver. Data were analysed using Cronbach's α, Guttman split-half reliability and factor analysis.
Findings. Internal consistency was good, with a Cronbach's α of 0·93 in Part I and a KR-20 (Kuder Richardson) of 0·85 in Part II. Four factors given in Part I were identified as content truth, accessibility and convenience, speed and connection, and overall impression.
Conclusion. The nursing website evaluation questionnaire had good construct validity and internal consistency.
Journal Homepage (abstract) / (full text)
Web Survey Bibliography - 2005 (421)
- Audio computer assisted self interview and face to face interview modes in assessing response bias among...; 2005; Ghanem, K. G. et al.
- On the cost-efficiency of probability sampling based mail surveys with a Web response option; 2005; Werner, P.
- Expert workshop on mixed mode data collection in comparative social surveys; 2005; Roberts, C.
- The Effect Of A Simultaneous Mixed-Mode (Mail And Web) Survey On Respondent Characteristics And Survey...; 2005; Brennan, M.
- Weighting and adjusting for design effects in secondary data analyses; 2005; Thomas, S. L., Heck, R. H., Bauer, K. W.
- The total survey error approach. A guide to the new science of survey research; 2005; Weisberg, H. F.
- The professional respondent problem in online panel surveys today; 2005; Fulgoni, G.
- The measurement of attitudes; 2005; Krosnick, J. A., Judd, C. M., Wittenbrink, B.
- Satisficing behavior in online panelists; 2005; Downes-Le Guin, T.
- Response format effects in self-report of political and non-political contributions; 2005; Thomas, R. K. et al.
- Reading behavior in the digital environment: Changes in reading behavior over the past ten years; 2005; Liu, Z.
- Rating versus comparative trade-off measures. Trending changes in political issues across time and predictive...; 2005; Thomas, R. K. et al.
- Publication bias: Recognizing the problem, understanding its origins and scope, and preventing harm; 2005; Dickersin, K.
- Panel proliferation and quality concerns; 2005; Faasse, J.
- Online communities: design, theory, and practice; 2005; Preece, J., Maloney-Krichmar, D.
- Gricean effects in self-administered survey. Ph.D. Dissertation; 2005; Yan, T.
- Estimation in surveys with nonresponse; 2005; Sarndal, C.-E., Lundstrom, S.
- Drop-down boxes, radio buttons, or fill-in-the-blank? Web survey scale-type effects; 2005
- Does weighting for nonresponse increase the variance of survey means?; 2005; Little, R. J., Vartivarian, S.
- Computer-assisted questioning: the new survey methods in the perception of the respondents; 2005; Beckenbach, A.
- Comparing the results of probability and non-probability sample surveys; 2005; Krosnick, J. A.
- Changes in telephone survey nonresponse over the past quarter century; 2005; Curtin, R., Presser, S., Singer, E.
- Big scale observations gathered with the help of client side paradata; 2005; Haraldsen, G., Kleven, Ø., Sundvoll, A.
- User Interface Design and Evaluation ; 2005; Stone, D., Jarrett, C., Woodroffe, M., Minocha, S.
- The 2005 Confirmit Annual MR Software Survey; 2005; Macer, T.; Wilson, S.
- Adding Value to Data Through Improved Access. The Case for Web Portals; 2005; Baker, R. P.
- Multi-Mode Research and Data Linkage. Theoretical and Practical Advice; 2005; Terhanian, G.
- Architectural Design of a Survey Questionnaire and Respondent Data Repository. Practical Considerations...; 2005; Cookson, P., Sobell, J.
- Developing and validating a nursing website evaluation questionnaire; 2005; Tsai, S. - L., Chai, S.-K.
- Workaround: Site’s surveys beat pop-up blockers, yield responses; 2005; Arnold, C.
- The Story of Subject Naught: A Cautionary but Optimistic Tale of Internet Survey Research; 2005; Konstan, J. A., Ross, M. W., Rosser, B. R. S., Stanton, J. M., Edwards, W. M.
- Apache security; 2005; Ristic, I.
- Standards in Online Surveys. Sources for Professional Codes of Conduct, Ethical Guidelines and Quality...; 2005; Kaczmirek, L., Schulze, N.
- Modern multidimensional scaling theory and applications (2nd ed.) ; 2005; Borg, I., Groenen, P. J. F.
- Computer adaptive testing; 2005; Gershon, R. C.
- Ego control and ego-resiliency: Generalization of self-report scales based on personality descriptions...; 2005; Block, J., Funder, D. C., Letzring, T. D.
- The Web experiment list: A Web service for the recruitment of participants and archiving of Internet...; 2005; Reips, U. -D., Lengler, R.
- Trust, Identity, and the Effects of Voting Technologies on Voting Behavior; 2005; Oostveen, A. M., Besselaar, P.
- Survey of substance use among high school students in Taipei: Web-based questionnaire versus paper-and...; 2005; Wang, Y. C., Lee, C. M., Lew-Ting, C. Y., Hsiao, C. K., Chen, W. J.
- Web Surveys. A Brief Guide on Usability and Implementation Issues; 2005; Kaczmirek, L.
- An assessment of measurement invariance between online and mail surveys ; 2005; Deutskens, E., de Ruyter, K., Wetzels, M.
- Demographics and online survey response rates ; 2005; Knapton, K., Myers, S.
- Applying Web-Based Survey Design Standards ; 2005; Crawford, S. D., McCabe, S. E., Pope, D.
- The open research system: a web based metadata and data repository for collaborative research; 2005; Schweik, C. M., Stepanov, A., Grove, J. M.
- Instructing Web and Telephone Respondents to Report Date Answers in Format Desired by the Surveyor; 2005; Christian, L. M., Dillman, D. A., Smyth, J. D.
- Internet-based travel surveys: Selected evidence on response rates, sampling bias and reliability; 2005; Arentze, T., Bos, I., Molin, E., Timmermans, H.
- E-mail versus Web survey response rates among health education professionals; 2005; Kittleson, M. J., Brown, S. L.
- Assessing the Quality of Data from Online Panels: Moving Forward wiht Confidence; 2005; Smith, R.
- SMS -Based Surveys: Strategies to Improve Participation; 2005; Balabanis, G., Mitchell, V.-W., Heinonen-Mavrovouniotis, S.
- Internet and Paper Based Data Collection Methods in Agricultural Education Research; 2005; Ladner, M. D., Wingenbach, G. J., Raven, M. R.