Web Survey Bibliography
The concept of a statistical knowledge base implies that elements of information are organised in such a way that they can easily be retrieved, selected, combined and analysed within the system. DUVA is such a system. It has been developed by the KOSIS association DUVA over the last 25 years. Meanwhile, DUVA involves about 60 municipalities, state statistical institutes and research institutions. It
supports data entry, retrieval, evaluation and presentation of results via the Internet and is controlled by a common metadata system.
DUVA enhances standardisation and guarantees further development according to the user needs. Standard data descriptions for common data sources facilitate data exchange and cooperative learning. Examples are periodical excerpts from the population register, the employment and unemployment registers as well as flow data on migration, births, deaths and construction statistics. DUVA is also applied in projects of cooperative data collection, like the Urban Audit, and it is the central instrument in a project for the development of comparable tools for local surveys, supported by the EU. The DUVA system will be introduced at the conference, including examples of practical application and actual measures for further improvements. As a case of practical use the „Planning Related Information System for Spatial Monitoring“ (PRISMA) of the City of Berlin will be presented applying DUVA software components. An upgrade of the English version will be available this year, mapping facilities are being developed and further steps web based components will follow.
Conference Homepage (full text) / (presentation)
Web Survey Bibliography - 2010 (396)
- The next CAPI evolution - completing web surveys on cell-enabled iPads; 2011; Dayton, J., Driscoll, H.
- Wordle; 2010; Feinberg, J.
- Wired but Not WEIRD: The promise of the Internet in reaching more diverse samples; 2010; Gosling, S. D. et al.
- What it takes to be a top 100 website; 2010
- Using a fillable PDF together with SAS ® for questionnaire data; 2010; Donald, E.
- Total Survey Error: past, present, and future; 2010; Groves, R. M., Lyberg, L. E.
- There is an app for that! A review of smartphone apps for marketing research; 2010; Michelson, M.
- The who, what, and where of America: Understanding the American Community Survey; 2010; Gaquin, D. A.
- The weirdest people in the world?; 2010; Heine, S. J., Henrich, J., Norenzayan, A.
- The state of online research in the U.S.; 2010; Miller, J.
- The psychology or survey response. An ASA webinar; 2010; Tourangeau, R.
- The psychology of survey response, 2nd Edition; 2010; Tourangeau, R., Bradburn, N. M.
- The multidimensional integral business survey response model; 2010; Bavda¾, M.
- The impact of next and back buttons on time to complete and measurement reliability in computer-based...; 2010; Gershon, R. C. et al.
- The Gallup Poll: Public opinion 2009; 2010; Gallup, A. M.
- Surveying cultures: Discovering shared conceptions and sentiments; 2010; Heise, D. R.
- Sources of measurement errors in business surveys; 2010; Bavda¾, M.
- Social measurement through social surveys. An applied approach; 2010; Bulmer, M. et al.
- Site-intercpet survey best practices; 2010; Henning, J.
- Sampling: design and analysis, 2nd Edition; 2010; Lohr, S. L.
- Research synthesis. AAPOR report on online panels; 2010; Brick, J. M. et al.
- Recruiting probability samples for a multi-mode research panel with Internet and mail components; 2010; Rao, K.
- Real ID. State of The Art Representative and Repeatable Online Samples. Behaviorally Profiled Respondents...; 2010; Gittelman, S. H., Trimarchi, E.
- Randomized response and indirect questioning techniques in surveys; 2010; Chaudhuri, A.
- Protecting and accessing data from the survey of earned doctorates: A workshop summary; 2010; Plewes, T. J.
- Presentation of a single item versus a grid: Effects on the vitality and mental health subscales of...; 2010; Callegaro, M., Shand-Lubbers, J., Dennis, J. M.
- Paradata: a new data source from web-administered measures; 2010; Sowan, A. K., Jenkins, L. S.
- Overview of data collection methodology; 2010
- On-the-go and in-the-moment. Mobile research offers speed, immediacy; 2010; Pferdekämper, T.
- Mixed-mode surveys; 2010; Dillman, D. A., Messer, B. L.
- Measuring the group quarters population in the American Community Survey: Interim report; 2010; Marton, K., Voss, P. R.
- Measures of interobserver agreement and reliability; 2010; Shoukri, M. M.
- Machines that lean how to code open ended survey data; 2010; Esuli, A., Sebastiani, F.
- Libraries nationwide receiving ALA-APA Library Salary Survey Invitation; 2010; Grady, J.
- Global market research 2010; 2010
- Function follows form: Effects of response format on self-reported individuals and household disability...; 2010; Falcone, A. E., Thomas, R. K.
- Exploring the digital nation. Home broadband internet adoption in the United States; 2010
- Ethical principles of psychologists and code of conduct; 2010
- Envisioning the 2020 Census; 2010; Brown, L. D. et al.
- Ekos' observation of MRIA study - Canadian online panels: similar or different?; 2010
- Demographics of mechanical Turk. Ceder working papers; 2010; Ipeirotis, P. G.
- Conducting biosocial surveys: Collecting, storing, accessing, and protecting biospecimens and biodata...; 2010; Hauser, R. M. et al.
- Drag & Drop. A flexible method for moving objects, implementing rankings, and a wide range of other...; 2010; Neubarth, W.
- Disclosure standards; 2010
- Digital Nation: 21st century America’s progress toward universal broadband Internet access; 2010
- Movie Mobile Polls: Does Survey Mode Make a Difference?; 2010; Williams, D.
- The Future of Internet Research; 2010; Lavrakas, P. J.
- AAPOR Report on Online Panels; 2010; Rivers, D.
- Comparing the quality of data from postal and online questionnaires; 2010; Smith, A. B., King, M. T., Butow, P., Olver, I.
- Accounting for the effects of data collection modes in population surveys; 2010; Huang, Y. C., Thompson, M. E., Boudreau, C., Fong, G. T.