Web Survey Bibliography
The concept of a statistical knowledge base implies that elements of information are organised in such a way that they can easily be retrieved, selected, combined and analysed within the system. DUVA is such a system. It has been developed by the KOSIS association DUVA over the last 25 years. Meanwhile, DUVA involves about 60 municipalities, state statistical institutes and research institutions. It
supports data entry, retrieval, evaluation and presentation of results via the Internet and is controlled by a common metadata system.
DUVA enhances standardisation and guarantees further development according to the user needs. Standard data descriptions for common data sources facilitate data exchange and cooperative learning. Examples are periodical excerpts from the population register, the employment and unemployment registers as well as flow data on migration, births, deaths and construction statistics. DUVA is also applied in projects of cooperative data collection, like the Urban Audit, and it is the central instrument in a project for the development of comparable tools for local surveys, supported by the EU. The DUVA system will be introduced at the conference, including examples of practical application and actual measures for further improvements. As a case of practical use the „Planning Related Information System for Spatial Monitoring“ (PRISMA) of the City of Berlin will be presented applying DUVA software components. An upgrade of the English version will be available this year, mapping facilities are being developed and further steps web based components will follow.
Conference Homepage (full text) / (presentation)
Web Survey Bibliography - Technology (934)
- The Digital Divide: The internet and social inequality in international perspective; 2013; Ragnedda, M., Muschert, G.
- Survey quality prediction system 2.0; 2013
- PDAs in socio-economic surveys: instrument bias, surveyor bias or both?; 2013; Escobal, J., Benites, S.
- Virtual research assistants: Replacing human interviewers by automated avatars in virtual worlds; 2013; Hasler, B. S., Tuchman, P., Friedman, D.
- Designing and conducting business surveys; 2013; Snijkers, G.,Araldsen, G., , Willimack, D. K.Jones, J.
- Computer science security research and human subjects: Emerging considerations for research ethics boards...; 2013; Buchanan, E. A., Aycock, J., Dexter, S., Dittrich, D., Hvizdak, E. E.
- HTML5 and mobile Web surveys: A Web experiment on new input types; 2013; Funke, F.
- Understanding and Applying Research Design; 2013; Abbott, M. L., McKinney, J.
- Online Survey Software; 2013; Baker, J. D.
- Survey of Cloud Computing; 2013; Furht, B.
- WebSM Study: Speed and efficiency of online survey tools; 2012; Cehovin, G.; Vehovar, V.
- Worldwide online research spending; 2012
- What we can learn from unintentional mobile respondents; 2012; Peterson, G.
- Using multivariate statistics, 6th Edition; 2012; Tabachnick, B. G., Fidell, L. S.
- Unintentional mobile respondents; 2012; Peterson, G.
- Tracking preference expression (DNT); 2012
- The smartphone psychology manifesto; 2012; Miller, G.
- The rise of the "connected viewer"; 2012; Smith, A., Boyles, J. L.
- The integration of facebook into class management: an exploratory study; 2012; Chou, P. N.
- The cross platform report. Q2 -2012 - US; 2012
- Smartphone ownership update: September 2012; 2012; Rainie, L.
- Sensitive topics in PC Web and mobile web surveys: Is there a difference?; 2012; Mavletova, A. M., Couper, M. P.
- Selection bias of internet panel surveys: A comparison with a paper-based survey and national governmental...; 2012; Tsuboi, S. et al.
- Screenwise panel: Frequently Asked Questions; 2012
- Research company spotlight - Mobile surveys; 2012
- Redeveloping the research section of Meningitis UK's website — A case study report; 2012; Witt, J. et al.
- Participation of mobile users in traditional online studies; 2012; Jue, A.
- Online survey statistics for the mobile future. Updated with Q3 2012 data; 2012
- Ofcom technology tracker Wave 3; 2012
- Ofcom technology tracker Wave 2; 2012
- NBCU enlists Google, ComScore to track multiscreen Olympics viewing; 2012; Spangler, T.
- MRS Guidelines for online reseach; 2012
- Mobile usability; 2012; Nielsen, J., Budiu, R.
- Mobile email opens report 2nd half 2011; 2012
- Metering mobile usage. Insights from global Arbitron mobile trends panel; 2012; Verkasalo, H.
- Media tracker; 2012
- Measuring modern media consumption; 2012; Arini, N.
- ISO 20252. Market, opinion and social research-Vocabulary and service requirements, 2nd Edition; 2012
- Internet use in households and by individual in 2012. Eurostat Statistics in Focus 50/2012; 2012; Seybert, H.
- Internet access - Households and individuals, 2012 part 2; 2012
- Internet access - Households and individuals, 2012; 2012
- Google et Médiamétrie créent une audience bimédia; 2012; Gonzales, P.
- GMI Pinnacle; 2012
- Flowing with the mainstream. Is mobile market research finally living up to the hype?; 2012; Townsend, L.
- Eurobarometer Special surveys: Special Eurobarometer 381; 2012
- Ebook readings jumps, print book reading declines; 2012; Rainie, L., Duggan, M.
- Digital Divides: A connectivity continuum for the United States. Data from the 2011 Current Population...; 2012; File, T.
- Developments and the impact of smart technology; 2012; Macer, T.
- Better customer in sight in real time; 2012; Macdonald, E., Wilson, H. N., Konus, H.
- Adult gadget ownership over time (2006-2012); 2012