Web Survey Bibliography
Relevance & Research Question:
In 2010 the first iPad was launched. Thus a new object of research and a new method for market research was generated. Users of tablet-PCs are a new and quite unknown target group that uses media in a new and different way. Axel Springer created together with the market research company Interrogare an own iPad-panel to explore iPad-users more intensively. Participants of this panel are users of Axel Springer’s apps and online-media for iPads. The iPad-panel provides answers on relevant and individual questions for editorial staff and also for advertisers.
Methods & Data:
The members of the iPad-panel were recruited in Axel Springer’s apps via an invitation that asked them to take part in a survey. The invitation provided a link to the first questionnaire. At the same time users of Axel Springer’s online-media were recruited with a layer that was delivered on-site via iPad-targeting.
The appstore provides a special panel-app that needs to be downloaded by the participants. The respondents are regularly informed by the panel-App via push-notification to take part in different surveys. So members of the panel can answer the questionnaire in a biotic situation directly with the iPad in the app without media-gap and without a loss of time.
iPad users are an interesting target group of high status. They are very interested in media and they are attached to their tablet-PC and use it quite intensive.
On the GOR 12 we would like to present some actual findings that are currently not yet available. The new results are expected to be available in January 2012.
The target group of iPad-users is quite unknown and not easy to reach for market research surveys. The iPad-panel provides a direct access to this special target group. And the panel-app enables to use the iPad not only as an object of research. It is also an attractive new and unique instrument to conduct market research surveys.
GOR Homepage (abstract) / (presentation)
Web Survey Bibliography - Marketing/business (736)
- Where does the Fair Trade price premium go? Confronting consumers' request with reality; 2013; Langen, N., Adenaeuer, L.
- Customer satisfaction in Web 2.0 and information technology development; 2013; Sharma, G., Baoku, L.
- Research staff and public engagement: a UK study; 2013; Davies, S.
- Response Burden in Official Business Surveys: Measurement and Reduction Practices of National Statistical...; 2013; Giesen, D., Bavdaz, M., Loefgren, T., Raymond-Blaess, V.
- How Mobile Stacks Up to Traditional Online: A Comparison of Studies; 2013; Knowles, R.
- Book Review: Brand Together: How Co-creation Generates Innovation and Re-energizes Brands, by Nicholas...; 2013; Wilson, A.
- Digging deeper: using implicit tests to define consumers' semantic network; 2013; Riviere, P., Cuny, C., Allain, G., Vereijken, C.
- Conceptualising and evaluating experiences with brands on Facebook; 2013; Smith, S.
- Methodological Issues in the Design of Online Surveys for Measuring Unethical Work Behavior: Recommendations...; 2013; Wouters, K., Maesschalck, J., Peeters, C. F. W., Roosen, M.
- The Challenges and Benefits of Distance Mentoring; 2013; Lach, H. W. et al
- How incentives affect web-based survey response rates of athletic program donors; 2013; Alvarado, G., Callison, C.
- Permission email messages significantly increase gambler retention; 2013; Jolley, W., Lee, A., Mizerski, R., Sadeque, S.
- How virtual corporate social responsibility dialogs generate value: A framework and propositions; 2013; Korschun, D., Du, S.
- Customer loyalty to a commercial website: Descriptive meta-analysis of the empirical literature and...; 2013; Toufaily, E., Ricard, L., Perrien, J.
- Discovering interest groups for marketing in virtual communities: An integrated approach; 2013; Wang, K. -Y., Wu, H. -J., Ting, I -H.
- The Gamification of Marketing Researc; 2013; Donato, P., Link, M. W.
- Measuring Up: Impact of mobile and segmentation on respondent behaviour; 2013; Luck, K.
- Service with an e-smile: Employee authenticity and customer use of web-based support services; 2013; Turel, O., Connelly, C. E., Fisk, G. M.
- Responsive design for mixed-mode panel data; 2013; Bianchi, A., Biffignandi, S.
- Comparative analysis of data from web and face-to-face surveys. A case study on e-commerce in young...; 2013; Cappello, C., Pellegrino, D.
- Insights into Action Profiling shopping occasions for retailers through mobile and online research; 2013; Churkina, O., Morris, T.
- Mobilizing your Branded Panel: Panel data quality during the smartphone transition; 2013; Kugel, C., Brien, D., Blechman, J.
- The Attention Span of a Goldfish: Impacts of Survey Mobilization on Respondents ; 2013; Luck, K.
- Möglichkeiten zur impliziten Messung von Emotionen am Beispiel webcambasierter Gesichtsausdruckserkennung...; 2013; Wachenfeld, A., Moentmann, A., Bernet, F.
- Matching Data Collection Method to Purpose: In the Moment Data Collection with Mobile Devices for Occasioned...; 2013; Shea, C., Roberts, M., Johnson, E. P., Hadlock, W.
- The 2012 Confirmit Annual Market Research Software Survey; 2013; Macer, T., Wilson, S.
- Using Mixed-Mode Contacts in Client Surveys: Getting More Bang for Your Buck; 2013; Israel, G. D.
- ESSnet Data: Collection for Social Surveys using Multiple Modes; 2013; Sattelberger, S., Blanke, K.
- The Influence of Answer Box Format, Personal Topic Interest, and Respondent Characteristics on Response...; 2013; Keusch, F.
- Effects of Displaying Videos on Measurement in a Web Survey; 2013; Mendelson, J., Gibson, J. L., Romano Bergstrom, J. C.
- Can Google Consumer Surveys Help Pre-Test Alternative Versions of a Survey Question?: A Comparison of...; 2013; Stern, M. J., Welch, W. W.
- Tablets and Smartphones and Netbooks, Oh My! Effects of Device Type on Respondent Behavior; 2013; Ross, H., Mendelson, J., Lackey, M.
- Lotteries and study results in market research online panels; 2013; Goeritz, A., Luthe, S. C.
- Survey quality prediction system 2.0; 2013
- A nationwide web-based freight data collection; 2013; Samimi, A., Mohammadian, A., Kawamura, K.
- Measuring Wages Worldwide: Exploring the Potentials and Constraints of Volunteer Web Surveys; 2013; Steinmetz, S., Raess, D., Tijdens, K., de Pedraza, P.
- Managing mobile research: How it's different and why it matters; 2013; Kachhi-Jiwani, D., Tucker, J., Wilding-Brown, L.
- An approach to selecting online respondents; 2013; Terhanian, G.
- By the Numbers: Theory of adaptation or survival of the fittest?; 2013; Cavallaro, K.
- Measuring wages via a volunteer web survey – a cross-national analysis of item nonresponse; 2013; Steinmetz, S., Annmaria, B.
- Measuring working conditions in a volunteer web survey; 2013; de Pedraza, P., Villacampa, A.
- Prison break: Releasing offline experiments from methodological constraints by transforming them into...; 2013; Förstel, H., Manthei, K., Mohnen, A., Berger, G.
- Research Design as an Influencing Factor for Reliability in Online Market Research; 2013; Wengrzik, J., Theuner, G.
- 'Ready to complete the survey on Facebook': Web 2.0 as a research tool in business studies; 2013; Gregori, A., Baltar, F.
- Questionnaire Design: How to Plan, Structure and Write Survey Material for Effective Market Research...; 2013; Brace, I.
- Interactive and Gaming Techniques to Improve Surveys; 2012; Dean, E., Sage, A., Lai, J. W., Link, M. W., Richards, A., Vanno, L., Henning, J.
- Comparing Face-to-Face and Online Approach: Household Recruitment of Consumer Panel in China; 2012; Jin, T., Lin, Y.-C., Duan, S., Lai, J. W.
- Worldwide online research spending; 2012
- What we can learn from unintentional mobile respondents; 2012; Peterson, G.
- Unintentional mobile respondents; 2012; Peterson, G.