Web Survey Bibliography
Relevance & Research Question:
In 2010 the first iPad was launched. Thus a new object of research and a new method for market research was generated. Users of tablet-PCs are a new and quite unknown target group that uses media in a new and different way. Axel Springer created together with the market research company Interrogare an own iPad-panel to explore iPad-users more intensively. Participants of this panel are users of Axel Springer’s apps and online-media for iPads. The iPad-panel provides answers on relevant and individual questions for editorial staff and also for advertisers.
Methods & Data:
The members of the iPad-panel were recruited in Axel Springer’s apps via an invitation that asked them to take part in a survey. The invitation provided a link to the first questionnaire. At the same time users of Axel Springer’s online-media were recruited with a layer that was delivered on-site via iPad-targeting.
The appstore provides a special panel-app that needs to be downloaded by the participants. The respondents are regularly informed by the panel-App via push-notification to take part in different surveys. So members of the panel can answer the questionnaire in a biotic situation directly with the iPad in the app without media-gap and without a loss of time.
iPad users are an interesting target group of high status. They are very interested in media and they are attached to their tablet-PC and use it quite intensive.
On the GOR 12 we would like to present some actual findings that are currently not yet available. The new results are expected to be available in January 2012.
The target group of iPad-users is quite unknown and not easy to reach for market research surveys. The iPad-panel provides a direct access to this special target group. And the panel-app enables to use the iPad not only as an object of research. It is also an attractive new and unique instrument to conduct market research surveys.
GOR Homepage (abstract) / (presentation)
Web Survey Bibliography - Other new technologies (162)
- Virtual research assistants: Replacing human interviewers by automated avatars in virtual worlds; 2013; Hasler, B. S., Tuchman, P., Friedman, D.
- From mixed-mode to multiple devices. Web surveys, smartphone surveys and apps: has the respondent gone...; 2013; Callegaro, M.
- Smartphone Apps and User Engagement: Collecting Data in the Digital Era; 2012; Link, M. W.
- Specific mixed-mode methodology to reach sensory disabled people in quantitative surveys; 2012; Fontaine, S.
- Facing The Future Webcams as a survey tool in China; 2012; Gordon, A., Llewellyn, T., Gu, E.
- Using screen video capture software to aide and inform cognitive interviewing; 2012; Chaney, B. H., Barry, A. E., Chaney, J. D., Stellefson, M. L., Webb, M. C.
- A report on the Confirmit Market Research Software Survey ; 2012; Macer, T., Wilson, S.Wilson, Sheila
- Comfortable in the new medium: How online qual can benefit from our share-happy culture ; 2012; Rubenstein, P.
- Appreciating the value of traditional research in a digital world; 2012; Turner, S.
- For winning qualitative, make it high-touch + high-tech; 2012; Barber, E., McIlrath, M.
- Using Collaborative Web Technology to Construct the Health Information National Trends Survey; 2012; Moser, R. P., Beckjord, E. B., Finney Rutten, L. J., Blake, K., Hesse, B. W.
- Testing Video Messages in Web Surveys: Effects on Sample Bias and Validity; 2012; Shapiro, D., Cappella, J.
- The Representativity of Web Surveys of the General Population compared to Traditional Modes and Mixed...; 2012; Klausch, L. T., Schouten, B., Hox, J.
- Time use data collection using Smartphones: Results of a pilot study among experienced and inexperienced...; 2012; Scherpenzeel, A., Sonck, N., Fernee, H., Morren, M.
- New Insights about market research with an iPad-panel; 2012; Manouchehri, A., Rieber, D., Moughrabi, C.
- Lessons to keep in mind when interviewing via Webcam; 2012; Carlon, M.
- Using Webinar Polls to Collect Online Survey Data: The Case of a Behavioral Finance Problem; 2012; Sahu, C.
- The benefits and constraints of e-mail interviews and discussions as methods of accessing valid data; 2011; Roberts, A.
- Facial imaging: The new face of online survey research; 2011; Gordon, A., McCallum, D., Sorci, M., Llewellyn, T.
- On Affordances and Technological Intersubjectivity; 2011; Vatrapu, R.
- Building online communities; 2011; Mlačić, B., Milas, G., Mikloušić, I.
- 2nd WEBDATANET Meeting Amsterdam. Global Data Collecting; 2011; van Beveren, I.
- Eye Tracking in testing questionnaires: What’s the added value?; 2011; Tries, S.
- Combining web surveys and XBRL ; 2011; Roos, M.
- Video enhanced web survey; 2011; Fuchs, M., Kunz, T., Gebhard, F.
- New data sources for statistics: Experiences at Statistics Netherlands; 2011; Daas, P., ten Bosch, O., de Blois, C., Hoekstra, R., Roos, M.
- The Future of Research Through Gaming; 2011; Adamou, B.
- Engagement, Consistency, Reach – why the Technology Landscape Precludes All Three; 2011; Johnson, A., Rolfe, G.
- Estudo de usabilidade para PDAs utilizados em coleta de dados nas entrevistas pessoais para pesquisas...; 2011; Patricia Zamprogno Tavares
- Researching Personal Information on the Public Web - Methods and Ethics; 2011; Wilkinson, D., Thelwall, M.
- A course is a course is a course: Factor invariance in student evaluation of online, blended and face...; 2011; Dziuban, C. D., Moskal, P.
- Twitter mood predicts the stock market.; 2011; Bollen, J., Mao, H., Zeng, X.-J.
- The power of qualitative research in the era of social media; 2011; Branthwaite, A., Patterson, S.
- Web based CATI on Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud and VirtualBox using queXS; 2011; Zammit, A.
- Web/Cloud Based CATI Using queXS; 2011; Zammit, A.
- Partnership-Driven Resources to Improve and Enhance Research (PRIMER): A Survey of Community-Engaged...; 2011; Dolor, R. J., Greene, S. M., Thompson, E., Baldwin, L.-M., Neale, A. V.
- Weaving the Web into Personal Communication Networks: A Mobile Phone Based Study of Smartphone Users; 2011; Kobayashi, T., Boase, J.
- Different functioning of rating scale formats – results from psychometric and physiological experiments...; 2011; Koller, M., Salzberger, T.
- Wireless Health Monitoring, Feedback, and Health Behaviors; 2011; Kooreman, P., Scherpenzeel, A.
- ELIPSS: A New Mobile Web Panel for Social Scientists; 2011; Lesnard, L.
- Measurement invariance in training evaluation: Old question, new context; 2011; P., Gissel, A., Stoughton, J. W., Whelan, T. J.Clark, A. P.
- Differential Mailing Methodologies on Response Rates: Testing Advance Notices, Blast Telephone Messages...; 2011; Gentry, R. J., Pens, Y.
- Which Technologies Do Respondents Use in Online Surveys – An International Comparison?; 2011; Kaczmirek, L., Behr, D., Bandilla, W.
- Method Effects and Robo-polls; 2011; van Lohuizen, J., Samohyl, R. W.
- Studying Political Behavior: A Comparison of Internet and Telephone Surveys; 2011; Stephenson, L. B., Crête, J.
- Use these five Web-based approaches to shrink your research timelines, costs ; 2011; Cutler, A. D.
- The impact of next and back buttons on time to complete and measurement reliability in computer-based...; 2010; Gershon, R. C. et al.
- ReCal: Intercoder Reliability Calculation as a Web Service ; 2010; Freelon, D. G.
- The impact of incentives and interview methods on response quantity and quality in diary- and booklet...; 2010; Bonke, J., Fallesen, P.
- Computer Literacy and the Accuracy of Substance Use Reporting in an ACASI Survey; 2010; Johnson, T. P., Fendrich, M., Mackesy-Amiti, M. E.