Web Survey Bibliography
Relevance & Research Question:
In 2010 the first iPad was launched. Thus a new object of research and a new method for market research was generated. Users of tablet-PCs are a new and quite unknown target group that uses media in a new and different way. Axel Springer created together with the market research company Interrogare an own iPad-panel to explore iPad-users more intensively. Participants of this panel are users of Axel Springer’s apps and online-media for iPads. The iPad-panel provides answers on relevant and individual questions for editorial staff and also for advertisers.
Methods & Data:
The members of the iPad-panel were recruited in Axel Springer’s apps via an invitation that asked them to take part in a survey. The invitation provided a link to the first questionnaire. At the same time users of Axel Springer’s online-media were recruited with a layer that was delivered on-site via iPad-targeting.
The appstore provides a special panel-app that needs to be downloaded by the participants. The respondents are regularly informed by the panel-App via push-notification to take part in different surveys. So members of the panel can answer the questionnaire in a biotic situation directly with the iPad in the app without media-gap and without a loss of time.
iPad users are an interesting target group of high status. They are very interested in media and they are attached to their tablet-PC and use it quite intensive.
On the GOR 12 we would like to present some actual findings that are currently not yet available. The new results are expected to be available in January 2012.
The target group of iPad-users is quite unknown and not easy to reach for market research surveys. The iPad-panel provides a direct access to this special target group. And the panel-app enables to use the iPad not only as an object of research. It is also an attractive new and unique instrument to conduct market research surveys.
GOR Homepage (abstract) / (presentation)
Web Survey Bibliography - Solicitations & incentives (602)
- Effects of Lotteries on Response Behavior in Online Panels; 2013; Goeritz, A., Luthe, S. C.
- Lotteries and study results in market research online panels; 2013; Goeritz, A., Luthe, S. C.
- Using Web Surveys for Psychology Experiments: A Case Study in New Media Technology for Research; 2013; Peden, B. F., Tiry , A. M.
- Sampling, Channels, and Contact Strategies in Internet Survey; 2013; Macrì, E., Tessitore, C.
- Advancing Research Methods with New Technologies; 2013; Sappleton, N.
- Using mobile devices to access the realities of youth: How identification with society influences political...; 2013; Smith, M.
- Do I Have Your Full Attention?; 2013; Cape, P. J.
- Internet-Based Recruitment to a Depression Prevention Intervention: Lessons From the Mood Memos Study...; 2013; Morgan, A. J., Jorm, A. F., Mackinnon, A. J.
- Challenges for Researchers Investigating Contraceptive Use and Pregnancy Intentions of Young Women Living...; 2013; Herbert, D. L., Loxton, D., Bateson, D., Weisberg, E., Lucke, J. C.
- Pros and cons of virtual interviewers – vote in the discussion about surveytainment; 2013; Póltorak, M., Kowalski, J.
- An Assessment of Incentive Versus Survey Length Trade-offs in a Web Survey of Radiologists; 2013; Ziegenfuss, J. Y., Niederhauser, B. D., Kallmes, D., Beebe, T. J.
- The fish model: What factors affect participants while filling in an online questionnaire?; 2013; Mohamed, B., Lorenz, A., Pscheida, D.
- The monetary value of good questionnaire design; 2013; Tress, F.
- Why are you leaving me?? - Personality predictors of answering drop out in an online-study; 2013; Thielsch, M., Nestler, S., Back, M.
- Seducing the respondent – how to optimise invitations in on-site online research?; 2013; Póltorak, M., Kowalski, J.
- E-questionnaire in cross-sectional household surveys; 2013; Karaganis, M.
- Rewards - Money for Nothing?; 2013; Cape, P. J., Martin, P.
- Effects of incentive reduction after a series of higher incentive waves in a probability-based online...; 2013; Struminskaya, B., Kaczmirek, L., Schaurer, I., Bandilla, W.
- Timing of Nonparticipation in an Online Panel: The effect of incentive strategies; 2013; Douhou, S., Scherpenzeel, A.
- Online Research, Game On!; 2013; Puleston, J.
- Examining the Gender Effects of Different Incentive Amounts in a Web Survey; 2013; Boulianne, S. J.
- How Do Lotteries and Study Results Influence Response Behavior in Online Panels?; 2013; Goeritz, A., Luthe, S. C.
- Incentives for college student participation in web-based substance use surveys; 2013; Patrick, M. E., Singer, E., Boyd, C. J., Cranford, J. A., McCabe, S. E.
- Increasing Web Survey Response Rates in Innovation Research: An Experimental Study of Static and Dynamic...; 2013; Sauermann, H.; Roach, M.
- The Impact of Academic Sponsorship on Online Survey Dropout Rates; 2012; Allen, P. J., Roberts, L. D.
- The Use and Effects of Incentives in Surveys; 2012; Singer, E.
- An Empirical Investigation of the Role of the Email Contact in Web Survey Response Rates; 2012; Hsu, H.-Y., Lai, Y.-H., Chin, H.-Y.
- Mode and non-response effects and their treatment; 2012; Chrysanthopoulos, S., Georgostathi, A.
- The role of topic interest and topic salience in online panel web surveys.; 2012; Keusch, F.
- Effects of E-Mailed Versus Mailed Invitations and Incentives on Response Rates, Data Quality, and Costs...; 2012; Dykema, J., Stevenson, J., Klein, L., Kim, Y., Day, B.
- Prenotification, Incentives, and Survey Modality: An Experimental Test of Methods to Increase Survey...; 2012; Tepper, J. R., Jacob, B.
- Effects of Incentives in Surveys; 2012; Toepoel, V.
- Response rates in three opinion surveys performed through online questionnaires in the health setting...; 2012; Aerny Perreten, N., Domínguez-Berjón, M. F., Astray Mochales, J., Esteban-Vasallo, M. D., Blanco Ancos...
- Detecting Satisficing In Online Surveys: What we found ; 2012; Salifu, S.
- Efficiency of Different Recruitment Strategies for Web Panels; 2012; Hansen, K. M., Pedersen, R. T.
- The Mode of Invitation for Web Surveys; 2012; Bandilla, W., Couper, M. P., Kaczmirek, L.
- Recruiting A Probability Sample For An Online Panel: Effects Of Contact Mode, Incentives, And Information...; 2012; Scherpenzeel, A., Toepoel, V.
- Understanding Society Innovation Panel Wave 4: Results from Methodological Experiments; 2012; Burton, J., Budd, S., Gilbert, E., Jaeckle, A., Kaminska, O., Uhrig, S.C. N., Brown, M., Calderwood,...
- The Propensity of Older Respondents to Participate in a General Purpose Survey; 2012; Lynn, P.
- When More Gets You Less: A Meta-Analysis of the Effect of Concurrent Web Options on Mail Survey Response...; 2012; Medway, R., Fulton, J.
- Does Giving People Their Preferred Survey Mode Actually Increase Survey Participation Rates?; 2012; Olson, K., Smyth, J. D., Wood, H.
- Online Data Collection in the Agro-Food Sector; 2012; Biffignandi, S., Artaz, R.
- Predicting potential respondents' decision to participate in web surveys; 2012; Fang, J., Wen, C.
- Case study: Respondent perspective on survey response; 2012; Jarrett, C.
- Effect of different stimulus on data quality in online panels; 2012; Zagar, S., Lozar Manfreda, K.
- Using the Web to Snowball Discussants of Survey Respondents; 2012; Hopmann, D. N.
- Don't rush through the qualitative screening process ; 2012; Dodson, D.
- The Effectiveness of Survey Recruitment Methods in Second Life; 2012; Dean, E., Cook, S., Murphy, J., Keating, M.
- Improving RDD Cell Phone Samples. Evaluation of Different Pre-call Validation Methods; 2012; Kunz, T., Fuchs, M.
- Influencing Mode Choice in a Mixed Mode Survey; 2012; Mooney, G., Lan, F., Lin, X., Hurwitz, A.