Web Survey Bibliography
Relevance & Research Question:
Market research with children and young people in Germany are so far highly dominated by offline-methods eg. Focus-Groups. Quantitative surveys with children & teenagers are rarely due to comparable high costs and efforts. In comparison to survey with adults nearly none of them – with the exception of OnSite-Surveys on websites like www.toggo.de – are conducted by using the online-methodology of collecting data.
Methods & Data:
To facilitate online market research with children and young people the online panel "FamilyVote" was founded in September 2010 by Tivola, market leader in educational software, and YouGov.
Both partners bring specific expertise to the cooperation: YouGov provides many years of experience in the field of online market research and panel management; Tivola on the other hand, has the know-how for sophisticated entertainment of children and the inclusion of parents. FamilyVote is dedicated to families with children under 18 years old only. Children – in their role as consumers, students or media-audience – can be interviewed online - according to different age groups and using age-specific question types and instruments. On the other hand, parents in their role as sponsor or care taker – can be interviewed - separately or together with their children.
Since FamilyVote is not a single study, the results consist of the gain in knowledge that has been achieved through the establishment of FamilyVote.
FamilyVote is the first ever market research panel in Germany, which is specifically focused at families, children and adolescents. We would like to present at GOR our experience, knowledge, but also stumbling blocks in the construction of FamilyVote.
Realized by means of numerous surveys from different fields - which are largely determined by the children customers’ topics and issues–, the distinctive aspects in the online survey of children and adolescents are shown.
GOR Homepage (abstract) / (presentation)
Web Survey Bibliography - Marketing/business (736)
- Where does the Fair Trade price premium go? Confronting consumers' request with reality; 2013; Langen, N., Adenaeuer, L.
- Customer satisfaction in Web 2.0 and information technology development; 2013; Sharma, G., Baoku, L.
- Research staff and public engagement: a UK study; 2013; Davies, S.
- Response Burden in Official Business Surveys: Measurement and Reduction Practices of National Statistical...; 2013; Giesen, D., Bavdaz, M., Loefgren, T., Raymond-Blaess, V.
- How Mobile Stacks Up to Traditional Online: A Comparison of Studies; 2013; Knowles, R.
- Book Review: Brand Together: How Co-creation Generates Innovation and Re-energizes Brands, by Nicholas...; 2013; Wilson, A.
- Digging deeper: using implicit tests to define consumers' semantic network; 2013; Riviere, P., Cuny, C., Allain, G., Vereijken, C.
- Conceptualising and evaluating experiences with brands on Facebook; 2013; Smith, S.
- Methodological Issues in the Design of Online Surveys for Measuring Unethical Work Behavior: Recommendations...; 2013; Wouters, K., Maesschalck, J., Peeters, C. F. W., Roosen, M.
- The Challenges and Benefits of Distance Mentoring; 2013; Lach, H. W. et al
- How incentives affect web-based survey response rates of athletic program donors; 2013; Alvarado, G., Callison, C.
- Permission email messages significantly increase gambler retention; 2013; Jolley, W., Lee, A., Mizerski, R., Sadeque, S.
- How virtual corporate social responsibility dialogs generate value: A framework and propositions; 2013; Korschun, D., Du, S.
- Customer loyalty to a commercial website: Descriptive meta-analysis of the empirical literature and...; 2013; Toufaily, E., Ricard, L., Perrien, J.
- Discovering interest groups for marketing in virtual communities: An integrated approach; 2013; Wang, K. -Y., Wu, H. -J., Ting, I -H.
- The Gamification of Marketing Researc; 2013; Donato, P., Link, M. W.
- Measuring Up: Impact of mobile and segmentation on respondent behaviour; 2013; Luck, K.
- Service with an e-smile: Employee authenticity and customer use of web-based support services; 2013; Turel, O., Connelly, C. E., Fisk, G. M.
- Responsive design for mixed-mode panel data; 2013; Bianchi, A., Biffignandi, S.
- Comparative analysis of data from web and face-to-face surveys. A case study on e-commerce in young...; 2013; Cappello, C., Pellegrino, D.
- Insights into Action Profiling shopping occasions for retailers through mobile and online research; 2013; Churkina, O., Morris, T.
- Mobilizing your Branded Panel: Panel data quality during the smartphone transition; 2013; Kugel, C., Brien, D., Blechman, J.
- The Attention Span of a Goldfish: Impacts of Survey Mobilization on Respondents ; 2013; Luck, K.
- Möglichkeiten zur impliziten Messung von Emotionen am Beispiel webcambasierter Gesichtsausdruckserkennung...; 2013; Wachenfeld, A., Moentmann, A., Bernet, F.
- Matching Data Collection Method to Purpose: In the Moment Data Collection with Mobile Devices for Occasioned...; 2013; Shea, C., Roberts, M., Johnson, E. P., Hadlock, W.
- The 2012 Confirmit Annual Market Research Software Survey; 2013; Macer, T., Wilson, S.
- Using Mixed-Mode Contacts in Client Surveys: Getting More Bang for Your Buck; 2013; Israel, G. D.
- ESSnet Data: Collection for Social Surveys using Multiple Modes; 2013; Sattelberger, S., Blanke, K.
- The Influence of Answer Box Format, Personal Topic Interest, and Respondent Characteristics on Response...; 2013; Keusch, F.
- Effects of Displaying Videos on Measurement in a Web Survey; 2013; Mendelson, J., Gibson, J. L., Romano Bergstrom, J. C.
- Can Google Consumer Surveys Help Pre-Test Alternative Versions of a Survey Question?: A Comparison of...; 2013; Stern, M. J., Welch, W. W.
- Tablets and Smartphones and Netbooks, Oh My! Effects of Device Type on Respondent Behavior; 2013; Ross, H., Mendelson, J., Lackey, M.
- Lotteries and study results in market research online panels; 2013; Goeritz, A., Luthe, S. C.
- Survey quality prediction system 2.0; 2013
- A nationwide web-based freight data collection; 2013; Samimi, A., Mohammadian, A., Kawamura, K.
- Measuring Wages Worldwide: Exploring the Potentials and Constraints of Volunteer Web Surveys; 2013; Steinmetz, S., Raess, D., Tijdens, K., de Pedraza, P.
- Managing mobile research: How it's different and why it matters; 2013; Kachhi-Jiwani, D., Tucker, J., Wilding-Brown, L.
- An approach to selecting online respondents; 2013; Terhanian, G.
- By the Numbers: Theory of adaptation or survival of the fittest?; 2013; Cavallaro, K.
- Measuring wages via a volunteer web survey – a cross-national analysis of item nonresponse; 2013; Steinmetz, S., Annmaria, B.
- Measuring working conditions in a volunteer web survey; 2013; de Pedraza, P., Villacampa, A.
- Prison break: Releasing offline experiments from methodological constraints by transforming them into...; 2013; Förstel, H., Manthei, K., Mohnen, A., Berger, G.
- Research Design as an Influencing Factor for Reliability in Online Market Research; 2013; Wengrzik, J., Theuner, G.
- 'Ready to complete the survey on Facebook': Web 2.0 as a research tool in business studies; 2013; Gregori, A., Baltar, F.
- Questionnaire Design: How to Plan, Structure and Write Survey Material for Effective Market Research...; 2013; Brace, I.
- Interactive and Gaming Techniques to Improve Surveys; 2012; Dean, E., Sage, A., Lai, J. W., Link, M. W., Richards, A., Vanno, L., Henning, J.
- Comparing Face-to-Face and Online Approach: Household Recruitment of Consumer Panel in China; 2012; Jin, T., Lin, Y.-C., Duan, S., Lai, J. W.
- Worldwide online research spending; 2012
- What we can learn from unintentional mobile respondents; 2012; Peterson, G.
- Unintentional mobile respondents; 2012; Peterson, G.