Web Survey Bibliography
Relevance & Research Question:
Market research with children and young people in Germany are so far highly dominated by offline-methods eg. Focus-Groups. Quantitative surveys with children & teenagers are rarely due to comparable high costs and efforts. In comparison to survey with adults nearly none of them – with the exception of OnSite-Surveys on websites like www.toggo.de – are conducted by using the online-methodology of collecting data.
Methods & Data:
To facilitate online market research with children and young people the online panel "FamilyVote" was founded in September 2010 by Tivola, market leader in educational software, and YouGov.
Both partners bring specific expertise to the cooperation: YouGov provides many years of experience in the field of online market research and panel management; Tivola on the other hand, has the know-how for sophisticated entertainment of children and the inclusion of parents. FamilyVote is dedicated to families with children under 18 years old only. Children – in their role as consumers, students or media-audience – can be interviewed online - according to different age groups and using age-specific question types and instruments. On the other hand, parents in their role as sponsor or care taker – can be interviewed - separately or together with their children.
Since FamilyVote is not a single study, the results consist of the gain in knowledge that has been achieved through the establishment of FamilyVote.
FamilyVote is the first ever market research panel in Germany, which is specifically focused at families, children and adolescents. We would like to present at GOR our experience, knowledge, but also stumbling blocks in the construction of FamilyVote.
Realized by means of numerous surveys from different fields - which are largely determined by the children customers’ topics and issues–, the distinctive aspects in the online survey of children and adolescents are shown.
GOR Homepage (abstract) / (presentation)
Web Survey Bibliography - Marketing/business (693)
- Lotteries and study results in market research online panels; 2013; Goeritz, A., Luthe, S. C.
- Survey quality prediction system 2.0; 2013
- A nationwide web-based freight data collection; 2013; Samimi, A., Mohammadian, A., Kawamura, K.
- Measuring Wages Worldwide: Exploring the Potentials and Constraints of Volunteer Web Surveys; 2013; Steinmetz, S., Raess, D., Tijdens, K., de Pedraza, P.
- Managing mobile research: How it's different and why it matters; 2013; Kachhi-Jiwani, D., Tucker, J., Wilding-Brown, L.
- An approach to selecting online respondents; 2013; Terhanian, G.
- By the Numbers: Theory of adaptation or survival of the fittest?; 2013; Cavallaro, K.
- Measuring wages via a volunteer web survey – a cross-national analysis of item nonresponse; 2013; Steinmetz, S., Annmaria, B.
- Measuring working conditions in a volunteer web survey; 2013; de Pedraza, P., Villacampa, A.
- Prison break: Releasing offline experiments from methodological constraints by transforming them into...; 2013; Förstel, H., Manthei, K., Mohnen, A., Berger, G.
- Research Design as an Influencing Factor for Reliability in Online Market Research; 2013; Wengrzik, J., Theuner, G.
- 'Ready to complete the survey on Facebook': Web 2.0 as a research tool in business studies; 2013; Gregori, A., Baltar, F.
- Worldwide online research spending; 2012
- What we can learn from unintentional mobile respondents; 2012; Peterson, G.
- Unintentional mobile respondents; 2012; Peterson, G.
- The integration of facebook into class management: an exploratory study; 2012; Chou, P. N.
- The cross platform report. Q2 -2012 - US; 2012
- Screenwise panel: Frequently Asked Questions; 2012
- Research company spotlight - Mobile surveys; 2012
- Quality in market research. From theory to practice. 2nd Edition; 2012; Harding, D., Jackson, P.
- Online survey statistics for the mobile future. Updated with Q3 2012 data; 2012
- Not just playing around; 2012; Ewing, T.
- MRS Guidelines for online reseach; 2012
- Mobile usability; 2012; Nielsen, J., Budiu, R.
- Mobile email opens report 2nd half 2011; 2012
- ISO 20252. Market, opinion and social research-Vocabulary and service requirements, 2nd Edition; 2012
- Global market research 2012; 2012
- The war against unengaged online respondents; 2012; Gittelman, S. H., Trimarchi, E.
- Qualitatively Speaking: The five absolute, no-excuse must-dos for online qualitative researchers; 2012; Rossow, A.
- By the Numbers: Lessons for using online panels in B2B research; 2012; Elsner, N.
- Measure the response burden in the Swedish Intrastat system; 2012; Weideskog, F.
- Improving the quality of complex surveys: The case of the EU Labour Force Survey ; 2012; van der Valk, J.
- The re-engineering of the Structural Earnings survey process: Mixed - Mode data collection and new E...; 2012; Cardinaleschi, S., De Santis, S., Rocci, F., Spinelli, V.
- Developments and the impact of smart technology; 2012; Macer, T.
- Multi-Language Multi-Continent B2B Community Panel: How B2B research can effectively span the world; 2012; Morden, M., Accomando, E.
- Can Survey Gaming Techniques Cross Continents? Examining cross cultural reactions to creative questioning...; 2012; Puleston, J.
- Research Goes Mobile: Findings from initial smartphone application research; 2012; Dubreuil, C., Joubert, S.
- Research in the Mobile Mindset: Exploring the unexplored in the mobile research space; 2012; Willems, A., Veris, E., Verhaeghe, A.
- Probabilistic survey questions and incorrect answers: Retirement income replacement rates; 2012; van Santen, P., Alessie, R., Kalwij, A.
- Improving Representativeness In Online Surveys Using A Combined Internet/Postal Approach: Evidence From...; 2012; Atorough, P., Donaldson, B., Harris, A.
- Evidence on the Comparison of Telephone and Internet Surveys for Respondent Recruitment.; 2012; Potoglou, D., Kanaroglou, P. S., Robinson, N.
- Mobile Survey Participation Rates in Commercial Market Research: A Meta-Analysis; 2012; Bosnjak, M., Poggio, T., Becker, K. R., Funke, F., Wachenfeld, A., Fischer, B.
- “What a waste of time!” vs “Why not participate?” On sentiments by business...; 2012; Torres van Grinsven, V., Snijkers, G., Daas, P.
- Measuring work activities and skill requirements of occupations: Experiences from a European pilot study...; 2012; Tijdens, K., De Ruijter, E., De Ruijter, J.
- Myths and realities of respondent engagement in online surveys; 2012; Downes-Le Guin, T., Baker, R. P., Mechling, J., Ruyle, E.
- A beginner's guide to DIY research ; 2012; Cates, T.
- The Reliability and Validity of Alternative Customer Satisfaction Measurement Scales in PC Web and Mobile...; 2012; Chrzan, K., Saunders, T.
- Demonstration of an Integrated Sample Management System for a Mixed Mode (Paper/Web) Survey; 2012; Ullman, E., Peng, H., Helppie McFall, B.
- The Confirmit Annual Market Research Software Survey 2011; 2012; Macer, T.,
- How Likely?: Comparisons of Behavioral Intention Measurement Validity; 2012; Bremer, J., Thomas, R. K.