Web Survey Bibliography
Title The British and their use of the Web for health information and advice: a survey
Source Aslib Proceedings, 55, 5/6, pp. 261-276
Access date 07.06.2004
Abstract In the UK, both anecdotal and research evidence points to ever greater and more sophisticated use of the Web to provide health information and advice. The study reported here adds to this research with an online survey of Internet users' reported use of the Web to access information about health and their opinions about the advice that can be obtained there. Over a period of three weeks more than 1,300 people responded to an online questionnaire produced by The British Life and Internet Project; 81 per cent or 997 of the respondents were British. The prime purpose of the questionnaire was to obtain information on the characteristics of the users of health information Web sites, to obtain feedback regarding for what they used online health sites and what were the perceived outcomes associated with using online health information.
Year of publication2003
Bibliographic typeJournal article
Web Survey Bibliography - 2003 (396)
- From PAPI to CAPI: consequences for data quality on the British Household Panel Study; 2003; Laurie, H.
- Comparing On-Line and On-Paper Responses to an Employee Satisfaction Survey; 2003; Stone, G.E.
- Internet Research Methods: A Practical Guide for the Social and Behavioural Sciences; 2003; Hewson, C. M., Yule, P., Laent, D., Vogel, C. M.
- Internet Users' Prior Psychological and Social Difficulties; 2003; Modayil, M. V., Thompson, A. H., Varnhagen, S., Wilson, D.
- Express: A Web-based technology to support human and computational experimentation; 2003; Yule, P., Cooper, R.P.
- The Use of the Internet in Psychological Research: Comparison of Online and Offline Questionnaires; 2003; Riva, R., Teruzzi, T., Anolli, L.
- A Modified Version of the CAGE as an Indicator of Alcohol Abuse and Its Consequences Among Undergraduate...; 2003; Boyd, C. J., McCabe, S. E., d'Arcy, H.
- The Tri-Council Policy Statement and Research in Cyberspace: Research Ethics, the Internet, and Revising...; 2003; Kitchin, H. A.
- Building a custom client-side research tool for online Web-based experiments; 2003; Westin, S.
- Using the Internet for Customer Behaviour Research: A Guide to the Challenges and Opportunities of the...; 2003; Banister, E. N.
- Conducting research using web-based questionnaires: practical, methodological, and ethical considerations...; 2003; Fox, J., Murray, C., Warm, A.
- Web-STAR: A survey tool for analyzing user requirements for web sites; 2003; Lazar, J., Jones, A., Greenidge, K.
- First installation of a virtual CATI phone room with full telephony integration; 2003; Tanguay, L.
- CRM in Action: Boosting Satisfaction Survey Responses; 2003; Compton, J.
- Customer feedback key for theme park; 2003; Chen, A.
- Wheels Moves Fast On Survey Results; 2003; Dunn, D.
- Diabetes group selects web survey technology; 2003; Anonymous
- Get Web Feedback with Inquisite; 2003; King, N.
- Survey tools take employees' pulse instantly; 2003; Gunsauley, C.
- Real time and recall measures of mobile phone use: some methodological concerns and empirical applications...; 2003; Cohen, A. A., Lemish, D.
- Ethnographic research on the experience of Japanese elderly people online; 2003; Kanayama, T.
- Subject acquisition for Web-based surveys; 2003; Alvarez, M. R., Sherman, R., VanBeselaere, C.
- An Evaluation of the Semiautomatic Login Procedure to Control Web Survey Access; 2003; Heerwegh, D., Loosveldt, G.
- A boost or bust for democracy? How the Web influenced political attitudes and behaviors in the 1996...; 2003; Johnson, T. J., Kaye, B. K.
- Nielsen launches WebIntercept; 2003; Maddox, K.
- A framework and methodology for evaluating e-commerce Web sites; 2003; van der Merwe, R., Bekker, J.
- Several issues affect e-research validity; 2003; Ray, N. M., Tabor, S. W.
- Web site design benchmarking within industry groups; 2003; Kim, S. -E., Shaw, T., Schneider, H.
- Internet Research: An Opportunity to Revisit Classic Ethical Problems in Behavioral Research; 2003; Pittenger, D. J.
- Rants, Ratings and Representation: ethical issues in researching online social practices; 2003; Knobel, M.
- Incentives with a Byte; 2003; Hatch, S.
- Qualitative research; 2003; Arnold, C.
- Before Using a Web Site as a Source Click Here; 2003; Jaderstrom, S., Miller, J.
- Examination of brand knowledge, perceived risk and consumers' intention to adopt an online retailer; 2003; Chen, R., He, F.
- Contact management and customer loyalty; 2003; Jones, H., Farguhar, J. D.
- Qualitative, quantitative methods combine for best online research; 2003; Kim, S.
- Encountering distressing information in online research: a consideration of legal and ethical responsibilities...; 2003; Stern, S. R.
- From here to obscurity?: Media substitution theory and traditional media in an on-line world; 2003; Kaye, B. K., Johnson, T. J.
- An On-Line Survey of Food and Beverage Consumers on the Internet: An Evaluation of the Survey Methodology...; 2003; White G. K.
- Using the Internet to conduct surveys of health professionals: a valid alternative?; 2003; Braithwaite, D., Emery, J., de Lusignan, S., Sutton, S.
- Incentives to Increase Participation in an Internet Survey of Alcohol Use: A Controlled Experiment; 2003; Kypri, K., Gallagher, S. J.
- Casting the net: using the internet for survey research; 2003; Stewart, S.
- Surveying the Service Sector: A Pilot Study of the Effectiveness of Mail vs. Internet Approaches; 2003; McConkey, C. W., Stevens, R. E., Loudon, D. L.
- Do-It-Yourself Internet Surveys; 2003; Deal, K.
- Mail and Internet Surveys (Book); 2003; Zimmerman, D. E.
- Web sites pay you to sound off about consumer issues; 2003; Anonymous
- Improving Your Psychology Faculty Home Page: Results of a Student-Faculty Online Survey; 2003; Palmiter Jr., D., Renjilian, D.
- Quantum Performance Solutions Becomes PeriscopeIQ; 2003; Anonymous
- Surfing citizens and floating voters: Results of an online survey of visitors to political web sites...; 2003; Boogers, M., Voerman, G.
- Conducting Web-based survey research: a lesson in Internet designs; 2003; Daley, E. M., McDermott, R. J., Brown, K. R. M., Kittleson, M. J.