Web Survey Bibliography
Title Conducting Web-based survey research: a lesson in Internet designs
Author Daley, E. M., McDermott, R. J., Brown, K. R. M., Kittleson, M. J.
Source American Journal of Health Behavior, 27, 2, pp. 116-124
Access date 08.06.2004
Abstract OBJECTIVES: To examine the tacit knowledge resulting from designing a complex Web site to facilitate administration of an Internet-based survey. METHODS: Formative methods guided studying the feasibility of conducting an online survey using versions of the Keirsey Temperament Sorter II and the National College Health Risk Behavior Survey. RESULTS: Web-site design software and pilot testing were critical to success. Incorporating the target audience as consumers in both Web site development and formative evaluation simplified data collection and analysis. CONCLUSIONS: Online instrumentation used in survey research is both practical and desirable. Future refinements are necessary, but improved designs can emanate from this particular effort.
Access/Direct link EBSCOhost (full text)
Bibliographic typeJournal article
Year of publication2003
Web Survey Bibliography - 2003 (403)
- Innovation in Online Research - Who Needs Online Panels?; 2003; Comley, P.
- If the Internet is so clever, why aren't we all rich!; 2003; Poynter, R.
- Comparison two modes of data collection: WWW and mail; 2003; Getka-Wilczynska, E.
- Interpreting Web vs paper mode choice using supplementary data; 2003; Himmelmann, M., Romano, M. F.
- Methodological aspects of comparisons between Web & paper surveys; 2003; Romano, M. F., Himmelmann, M.
- What is the Future for Telephone Surveys?; 2003; Collins, M., Sykes, W.
- From PAPI to CAPI: consequences for data quality on the British Household Panel Study; 2003; Laurie, H.
- Comparing On-Line and On-Paper Responses to an Employee Satisfaction Survey; 2003; Stone, G.E.
- Internet Research Methods: A Practical Guide for the Social and Behavioural Sciences; 2003; Hewson, C. M., Yule, P., Laent, D., Vogel, C. M.
- Internet Users' Prior Psychological and Social Difficulties; 2003; Modayil, M. V., Thompson, A. H., Varnhagen, S., Wilson, D.
- Express: A Web-based technology to support human and computational experimentation; 2003; Yule, P., Cooper, R.P.
- The Use of the Internet in Psychological Research: Comparison of Online and Offline Questionnaires; 2003; Riva, R., Teruzzi, T., Anolli, L.
- A Modified Version of the CAGE as an Indicator of Alcohol Abuse and Its Consequences Among Undergraduate...; 2003; Boyd, C. J., McCabe, S. E., d'Arcy, H.
- The Tri-Council Policy Statement and Research in Cyberspace: Research Ethics, the Internet, and Revising...; 2003; Kitchin, H. A.
- Building a custom client-side research tool for online Web-based experiments; 2003; Westin, S.
- Using the Internet for Customer Behaviour Research: A Guide to the Challenges and Opportunities of the...; 2003; Banister, E. N.
- Conducting research using web-based questionnaires: practical, methodological, and ethical considerations...; 2003; Fox, J., Murray, C., Warm, A.
- Web-STAR: A survey tool for analyzing user requirements for web sites; 2003; Lazar, J., Jones, A., Greenidge, K.
- First installation of a virtual CATI phone room with full telephony integration; 2003; Tanguay, L.
- CRM in Action: Boosting Satisfaction Survey Responses; 2003; Compton, J.
- Customer feedback key for theme park; 2003; Chen, A.
- Wheels Moves Fast On Survey Results; 2003; Dunn, D.
- Diabetes group selects web survey technology; 2003; Anonymous
- Get Web Feedback with Inquisite; 2003; King, N.
- Survey tools take employees' pulse instantly; 2003; Gunsauley, C.
- Real time and recall measures of mobile phone use: some methodological concerns and empirical applications...; 2003; Cohen, A. A., Lemish, D.
- Ethnographic research on the experience of Japanese elderly people online; 2003; Kanayama, T.
- Subject acquisition for Web-based surveys; 2003; Alvarez, M. R., Sherman, R., VanBeselaere, C.
- An Evaluation of the Semiautomatic Login Procedure to Control Web Survey Access; 2003; Heerwegh, D., Loosveldt, G.
- A boost or bust for democracy? How the Web influenced political attitudes and behaviors in the 1996...; 2003; Johnson, T. J., Kaye, B. K.
- Nielsen launches WebIntercept; 2003; Maddox, K.
- A framework and methodology for evaluating e-commerce Web sites; 2003; van der Merwe, R., Bekker, J.
- Several issues affect e-research validity; 2003; Ray, N. M., Tabor, S. W.
- Web site design benchmarking within industry groups; 2003; Kim, S. -E., Shaw, T., Schneider, H.
- Internet Research: An Opportunity to Revisit Classic Ethical Problems in Behavioral Research; 2003; Pittenger, D. J.
- Rants, Ratings and Representation: ethical issues in researching online social practices; 2003; Knobel, M.
- Incentives with a Byte; 2003; Hatch, S.
- Qualitative research; 2003; Arnold, C.
- Before Using a Web Site as a Source Click Here; 2003; Jaderstrom, S., Miller, J.
- Examination of brand knowledge, perceived risk and consumers' intention to adopt an online retailer; 2003; Chen, R., He, F.
- Contact management and customer loyalty; 2003; Jones, H., Farguhar, J. D.
- Qualitative, quantitative methods combine for best online research; 2003; Kim, S.
- Encountering distressing information in online research: a consideration of legal and ethical responsibilities...; 2003; Stern, S. R.
- From here to obscurity?: Media substitution theory and traditional media in an on-line world; 2003; Kaye, B. K., Johnson, T. J.
- An On-Line Survey of Food and Beverage Consumers on the Internet: An Evaluation of the Survey Methodology...; 2003; White G. K.
- Using the Internet to conduct surveys of health professionals: a valid alternative?; 2003; Braithwaite, D., Emery, J., de Lusignan, S., Sutton, S.
- Incentives to Increase Participation in an Internet Survey of Alcohol Use: A Controlled Experiment; 2003; Kypri, K., Gallagher, S. J.
- Casting the net: using the internet for survey research; 2003; Stewart, S.
- Surveying the Service Sector: A Pilot Study of the Effectiveness of Mail vs. Internet Approaches; 2003; McConkey, C. W., Stevens, R. E., Loudon, D. L.
- Do-It-Yourself Internet Surveys; 2003; Deal, K.