Web Survey Bibliography
Title Usage and impact of a teaching hospital virtual library
Author Sidlofsky, M., Tripp, T., Bayne, J. M.
Source Journal of Hospital Librarianship, 3, 3, pp. 1-11
Access date 08.06.2004
Abstract The objectives of this user study of Toronto's University Health Network (UHN) Virtual Library were to gather a profile of users by occupation; to determine which of the Virtual Library's resources they use, and how often; to measure the degree of user satisfaction; and to determine the impact of the Virtual Library on clinical decision making, research, and teaching. An online survey of UHN Virtual Library users was conducted from mid-June to mid-July 2001, using a combination of multiplechoice, Likert scale and open-ended questions. A frequency analysis was performed using SPSS. The Virtual Library was used at least once a week by 42.5% of respondents. Biomedical databases and electronic journals were the most often used resources. Users rated the usability of the Virtual Library highly; 81.9% felt that the resource had an impact on their clinical decision making, research or teaching. The UHN Virtual Library has been a frequently-used resource with substantial impact on the institution's core functions. More extensive, ongoing evaluation and promotion is recommended with a view to increasing its use among physicians and residents, as is increased training to help users obtain greater benefit from its resources.
Access/Direct link EBSCOhost (abstract)
Bibliographic typeJournal article
Year of publication2003
Web Survey Bibliography - Health (468)
- Information Needs and Visitors' Experience of an Internet Expert Forum on Infertility; 2005; Himmel, W., Meyer, J., Kochen, M. M., Michelmann, H.-W.
- How New Subscribers Use Cancer-Related Online Mailing Lists; 2005; Rimer, B. K., Lyons, E. J., Ribisl, K. M., Bowling, J. M., Golin, C. E., Forlenza, M. J., Meier, A.
- Use of Internet Audience Measurement Data to Gauge Market Share for Online Health Information Services...; 2005; Wood, F. B., Benson, D., LaCroix, E.-M., Siegel, E. R., Fariss, S.
- There Is Hope for the Future: National Survey Results Reveal that Geriatric Medicine Fellows Are Well...; 2005; Pan, C. X., Carmody, S., Leipzig, R. M., Granieri, E., Sullivan, A., Block, S. D., Arnold, R. M.
- Evaluation of surgical margins in melanocytic lesions: a survey among 152 dermatopathologists; 2005; Sellheyer, K., Bergfeld, W. F., Stewart, E., Roberson, G., Hammel, J.
- Web-based and Mailed Questionnaires: A Comparison of Response Rates and Compliance; 2005; Baelter, K., Balter, O., Fondell, E., Trolle-Lagerros, Y.
- Using a web-based survey to assess correlates of intention towards HIV testing among never-been-tested...; 2005; Hou, S.-I., Wisenbaker, J. M.
- Smoking Cessation Research via the Internet: A Feasibility Study; 2005; Stoddard, J. L., Delucchi, K. L., Muñoz, R. F., Collins, M., Pérez-Stable, E. J., Augustson,...
- Biases in internet sexual health samples: Comparison of an internet sexuality survey and a national...; 2005; Ross, M. W., Mansson, S.-A., Daneback, K., Cooper, A., Tikkanen, R.
- Analysis of Break-off Patterns in Web Surveys; 2005; Ahsan, S., Broach, R. J.
- Evaluation of Noise-Induced Hearing Loss in Young People Using a Web-Based Survey Technique.; 2005; Chung, J. H., des Roches, C. M., Meunier, J., Eavey, R. D.
- The psychometric properties of pen-and-pencil and internet versions of the midlife women's symptom index...; 2005; Im, E. O., Chee, W., Bender, M., Cheng, C.- Y., Tsai, H.- M., Kang, N. M., Lee, H. S.
- An overview of the ethics of cyber-space research and the implication for nurse educators; 2005; Haigh, C., Jones, N. A.
- Demands on web survey tools for epidemiological research; 2005; Baelter, O., Baelter, K.
- Challenges of Internet Recruitment: A Case Study with Disappointing Results; 2005; Koo, M., Skinner, H.
- Challenges in conducting longitudinal randomized controlled trials online - The story of evaluating...; 2005; Davidovich, U.
- Adjusting for selection bias in Web surveys using propensity scores: the case of the Health and Retirement...; 2005; Schonlau, M., van Soest, A., Kapteyn, A., Couper, M. P.
- Internet-administered adolescent health questionnaires compared with a paper version in a randomized...; 2005; Mangunkusumo, R. T., Moorman, P. W., van den Berg -de Ruiter, A. E., van der Lei, J., de Koning, H....
- Mode effects for collecting alcohol and tobacco data among 3rd and 4th grade students: A randomized...; 2005; McCabe, S. E., Boyd, C. J., Young, A., Crawford, S. D., Pope, D.
- An On-line Survey of Consumers with Migraine; 2004; Gibb, I. et al.
- Results of an On-Line Survey of Patients with Hereditary Angioedema; 2004; Huang, S.-W.
- An experiment in call scheduling; 2004; Cunningham, P., Martin, D., Brick, J. M.
- A household panel as a tool for cost-effective health-related population surveys: validity of the "...; 2004; Potthoff, P., Heinemann, Lothar A.J., Guther, B.
- Validation of the Addiction Severity Index (ASI) for internet and automated telephone self-report administration...; 2004; Brodey, B. B., Rosen, C. S., Brodey, I. S., Sheetz, B. M., Steinfeld, R. R., Gastfriend, D. R.
- Alcohol-related problems experienced by university students in New Zealand; 2004; McGee, R., Kypri, K.
- Using the Web to trap data; 2004; Mrayyan, M. T.
- Online Data Collection in Women's Health Research: A Study of Perimenopausal Women with Migraines; 2004; Moloney, M. F.
- The web survey network of sudden infant death syndrome and apparent life-threatening events in the Emilia...; 2004; Parmigiani, S., Bevilacqua, G., Leali, L., Pisani, F.
- Internet Versus Mailed Questionnaires: A Randomized Comparison (2); 2004; Leece, P., Bhandari, M., Swiontkowski, M., Schemitsch, E., Tornetta, P., Devereaux, P. J., Guyatt, G...
- Internet Versus Mailed Questionnaires: A Randomized Comparison; 2004; Ritter, P., Lorig, K., Laurent, D., Matthews, K.
- Feasibility of Collecting Diary Data From Asthma Patients Through Mobile Phones and SMS (Short Message...; 2004; Anhoej, J., Moeldrup, C.
- Collegiate Living Environments: A Predictor of Binge Drinking, Negative Consequences, and Risk-Reducing...; 2004; Boyd, C. J., Mc, S., d'Arcy, H.
- New Age Eunuchs: Motivation and Rationale for Voluntary Castration; 2004; Wassersug, R. J., Zelenietz, S. A., Squire, G. F.
- Self-reported Premature Ejaculation and Aspects of Sexual Functioning and Satisfaction; 2004; Rowland, D., Perelman, M., Althof, S., Barada, J., McCullough, A., Bull, S., Jamieson, C., Ho, K. -F...
- What makes an error unacceptable? A factorial survey on the disclosure of medical errors; 2004; Schwappach, D. L. B., Koeck, C. M.
- Surgical Management of Obese Patients with Eating Disorders: A Survey of Current Practice; 2004; Devlin, M. J., Goldfein, J. A., Flancbaum, L., Bessler, M., Eisenstadt, R.
- Egg Consumption Patterns and Salmonella Risk in Finland; 2004; Lievonen, S., Havulinna, A. S., Maijala, R.
- Current Status of Diagnosis and Treatment of Migraine Headache in Japanese Women; 2004; Igarashi, H., Sakai, F.
- Results of an On-Line Survey of Patients with Hereditary Angioedema; 2004; Huang, S. -W.
- Does Telephone Audio Computer-Assisted Self-Interviewing Improve the Accuracy of Prevalence Estimates...; 2004; Currivan, D. B., Nyman, A. L., Biener, L. F., Turner, C. F.
- A comparison of a computer-based questionnaire and personal interviews in determining oral health-related...; 2004; Chestnutt, I. G., Morgan, M. Z., Hoddell, C., Playle, R.
- Transition programs in cystic fibrosis centers: Perceptions of team members; 2004; Flume, P. A., Taylor, L. A., Anderson, D. L., Gray, S., Turner, D.
- Web-Based Behavioral Surveillance Among Men Who Have Sex With Men: A Comparison of Online and Offline...; 2004; Elford, J., Bolding, G., Davis, M., Sherr, L., Hart, G.
- Attempting to adjust for selection bias in Web surveys with propensity scores: the case of the Health...; 2004; Schonlau, M., van Soest, A., Kapteyn, A., Couper, M. P., Winter, J.
- An Internet-based survey method for college student drinking research; 2004; Kypri, K., Gallagher, S. J., Cashell-Smith, M. L.
- A brief screening questionnaire for infant sleep problems: Validation and findings for an Internet sample...; 2004; Sadeh, A.
- An Internet survey of asthma treatment; 2004; Janson, C., Wjst, M.
- Information needs of gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgendered health care professionals: results of...; 2004; Keith, L., Fikar, C. R.
- The Utility of Conducting Interviews in Multiple Languages on the World Trade Center Health Registry; 2004; Triplett, S., Zelon, H., Dean, L., Murphy, J., Thalji, L.
- A Comparison of Two Web-Based Surveys: Static versus Dynamic Versions of the NAMCS Questionnaire; 2004; Tourangeau, R., Couper, M. P., Galesic, M., Givens, J.