Web Survey Bibliography
Title Usage and impact of a teaching hospital virtual library
Author Sidlofsky, M., Tripp, T., Bayne, J. M.
Source Journal of Hospital Librarianship, 3, 3, pp. 1-11
Access date 08.06.2004
Abstract The objectives of this user study of Toronto's University Health Network (UHN) Virtual Library were to gather a profile of users by occupation; to determine which of the Virtual Library's resources they use, and how often; to measure the degree of user satisfaction; and to determine the impact of the Virtual Library on clinical decision making, research, and teaching. An online survey of UHN Virtual Library users was conducted from mid-June to mid-July 2001, using a combination of multiplechoice, Likert scale and open-ended questions. A frequency analysis was performed using SPSS. The Virtual Library was used at least once a week by 42.5% of respondents. Biomedical databases and electronic journals were the most often used resources. Users rated the usability of the Virtual Library highly; 81.9% felt that the resource had an impact on their clinical decision making, research or teaching. The UHN Virtual Library has been a frequently-used resource with substantial impact on the institution's core functions. More extensive, ongoing evaluation and promotion is recommended with a view to increasing its use among physicians and residents, as is increased training to help users obtain greater benefit from its resources.
Access/Direct link EBSCOhost (abstract)
Year of publication2003
Bibliographic typeJournal article
Web Survey Bibliography - Health (435)
- New Age Eunuchs: Motivation and Rationale for Voluntary Castration; 2004; Wassersug, R. J., Zelenietz, S. A., Squire, G. F.
- Self-reported Premature Ejaculation and Aspects of Sexual Functioning and Satisfaction; 2004; Rowland, D., Perelman, M., Althof, S., Barada, J., McCullough, A., Bull, S., Jamieson, C., Ho, K. -F...
- What makes an error unacceptable? A factorial survey on the disclosure of medical errors; 2004; Schwappach, D. L. B., Koeck, C. M.
- Surgical Management of Obese Patients with Eating Disorders: A Survey of Current Practice; 2004; Devlin, M. J., Goldfein, J. A., Flancbaum, L., Bessler, M., Eisenstadt, R.
- Egg Consumption Patterns and Salmonella Risk in Finland; 2004; Lievonen, S., Havulinna, A. S., Maijala, R.
- Current Status of Diagnosis and Treatment of Migraine Headache in Japanese Women; 2004; Igarashi, H., Sakai, F.
- Results of an On-Line Survey of Patients with Hereditary Angioedema; 2004; Huang, S. -W.
- Does Telephone Audio Computer-Assisted Self-Interviewing Improve the Accuracy of Prevalence Estimates...; 2004; Currivan, D. B., Nyman, A. L., Biener, L. F., Turner, C. F.
- A comparison of a computer-based questionnaire and personal interviews in determining oral health-related...; 2004; Chestnutt, I. G., Morgan, M. Z., Hoddell, C., Playle, R.
- Transition programs in cystic fibrosis centers: Perceptions of team members; 2004; Flume, P. A., Taylor, L. A., Anderson, D. L., Gray, S., Turner, D.
- Web-Based Behavioral Surveillance Among Men Who Have Sex With Men: A Comparison of Online and Offline...; 2004; Elford, J., Bolding, G., Davis, M., Sherr, L., Hart, G.
- Attempting to adjust for selection bias in Web surveys with propensity scores: the case of the Health...; 2004; Schonlau, M., van Soest, A., Kapteyn, A., Couper, M. P., Winter, J.
- An Internet-based survey method for college student drinking research; 2004; Kypri, K., Gallagher, S. J., Cashell-Smith, M. L.
- A brief screening questionnaire for infant sleep problems: Validation and findings for an Internet sample...; 2004; Sadeh, A.
- An Internet survey of asthma treatment; 2004; Janson, C., Wjst, M.
- Information needs of gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgendered health care professionals: results of...; 2004; Keith, L., Fikar, C. R.
- The Utility of Conducting Interviews in Multiple Languages on the World Trade Center Health Registry; 2004; Triplett, S., Zelon, H., Dean, L., Murphy, J., Thalji, L.
- A Comparison of Two Web-Based Surveys: Static versus Dynamic Versions of the NAMCS Questionnaire; 2004; Tourangeau, R., Couper, M. P., Galesic, M., Givens, J.
- Noncoverage and Nonresponse in a Web Survey; 2004; Couper, M. P., Kapteyn, A., Schonlau, M., Winter, J.
- How Health Policy and Health Services Researchers are Compensated: Analysis of a Nationwide Salary Survey...; 2004; Resneck, J. Jr., Luft, H.
- A Comparison of CAPI and PAPI in a Nationally Representative Danish Health Survey; 2004; Ekholm, O., Hesse, U., Norlev, J., Davidsen, M.
- The Effects of Correcting for Sample Selection Bias in Internet Panel Surveys Based on Random Digit...; 2004; Cameron, T. A., de Shazo, J. R., Dennis, J. M., Lee, R. J.
- Moving BRFSS from RDD to Multimode: A Web/Mail/Telephone Experiment; 2004; Mokdad, A., Link, M. W.
- Attempting to Adjust for Selection Bias in Web Surveys with Propensity Scores: The Case of the Health...; 2004; Schonlau, M., Couper, M. P., Winter, J.
- The Net Effect: A Comparison of Internet vs. Mail Survey Respondents; 2004; Friedman, E. M., Clusen, N. A., Hartzell, M.
- Reading in Virutal Research Ethics; 2004; Anonymous
- Development of a Pain and Discomfort Module for Use with the WHOQOL-100; 2004; Mason, V. L., Skevington, S. M., Osborn, M.
- Exploration of Physicians Who Choose to Respond Online; 2004; Peugh, J., Zapert, K.
- Can the Internet Be Used to Collect Clinical Data for Research?; 2004; Chow, Y. W., Treasure, T., Gallivan, S.
- Ethical Dilemmas in Research on Internet Communities; 2004; Flicker, S., Haans, D., Skinner, H.
- Panel Attrition and its Effects on Results from a Longitudinal Study: An Examination of Changes in Participants...; 2004; Baxter, R. K., Dean, E.
- Gaining Respondent Cooperation in College Web-based Alcohol Surveys: Findings from Experiments at Two...; 2004; Crawford, S. D., McCabe, S. E., Saltz, B., Boyd, C. J., Freisthler, B., Paschall, M. J.
- Ensnaring Webs and Nets: ethical issues in Internet-based research; 2004; Cotton, A. H.
- Issues In An Internet Survey Among Midlife Asian Women; 2004; Im, E. O., Chee, W.
- Issues in Internet survey research among cancer patients; 2004; Im, E. O., Chee, W.
- Online consumer surveys as a methodology for assessing the quality of the United States health care...; 2004; Bethell, C., Fiorillo, J., Lansky, D., Hendryx, M., Knickman, J.
- Ethical and legal issues of conducting nursing research via the internet; 2004; Cirgin Ellett, M. L., Lane, L., Keffer, J.
- Using the Online Medium for Discursive Research About People With Disabilities; 2004; Bowker, N., Tuffin, K.
- Asking about quantity and frequency of alcohol consumption before asking the CAGE questions produces...; 2004; Etter, J. -F.
- Report of the results of the Asthma awareness survey; 2003
- Evaluation of the minimal important difference for the feeling thermometer and the St. George's...; 2003; Schunemann, H. J. et al.
- Comparison of E-mail, Fax, and Postal Surveys of Pediatricians; 2003; McMahon, S. R., Iwamoto, M., Massoudi, M. S., Yusuf, H. R., Stevenson, J. M., David, F., Chu, S. Y.,...
- A pilot study of a computer-assisted cell-phone interview (CACI) methodology to survey respondents in...; 2003; Wilkins, C., Casswell, S., Barnes, H. M., Pledger, M.
- Using Internet-based Surveys to Reach Hidden Populations: Case of Nonabusive Illicit Drug Users; 2003; Duncan, D., White, J., Nicholson, T.
- Adjustments for non-telephone bias in random-digit-dialling surveys; 2003; Frankel, M. R., Srinath, K. P., Hoaglin, D. C.
- Validity of the Survey of Health and Internet and Knowledge Network's Panel and Sampling; 2003; Baker, L. C., Bundorf, M. K., Singer, S. J., Wagner, T. H.
- Web survey data collection and retrieval to plan teleradiology implementation; 2003; Alaoui, A., Collmann, J. R., Johnson, J. A., Lindisch, D., Mun, S. K.
- The effect of different methods of collecting data: Mail, telephone and filter data collection issues...; 2003; Hawthorne, G.
- Editing strategies used by the US Bureau of Labor Statistics in Data Collection over the Internet; 2003; Cohen, S. H.
- Impact of messages on concomitant use of nicotine replacement therapy and cigarettes: a randomized trial...; 2003; le Houezec, J., Landfeldt, B., Etter, J. -F.