Web Survey Bibliography
Title Obtaining Purchase Probabilities via a Web Based Survey: Some Corrections!
Source Marketing Bulletin, 10, pp. 93-101
Access date 09.06.2004
Abstract This paper reports the corrected findings of a study that compared two purchase probability scales in a Web based survey: a pull-down version of the Juster Scale, and a written version of the Verbal Probability Scale. Respondents were recruited via a newsletter sent to clients of a local Internet provider, and directed to a Web site for the survey, where they were randomly assigned to a treatment group. In one task, respondents were asked to use a version of the probability scale to indicate the likelihood of choosing each of five billing options. The two forms of the scale produced similar estimates, a finding consistent with previous research. In a second task, respondents were asked to give the probability of using two services. A different price was used with each of four treatment groups, for each form of the probability scale. For both services, the Juster Scale elicited much lower probability scores than did the Verbal Probability Scale, at each price. As the options and services were not actually implemented, it is not possible to say which form of the scale produced the most accurate estimates.
Access/Direct link Homepage - journal (full text)
Year of publication1999
Bibliographic typeJournal article
Web Survey Bibliography - Survey methodology (2422)
- Twisting Rating Scales: Horizontal versus Vertical Visual Analogue Scales versus Categorical Scales...; 2009; Funke, F., Reips, U. -D.
- Individual Follow-up of the Target Population: the Plural Strategies of a Web Survey; 2009; Markou, E., de Cledat, B., Razafindratsima, N., Laurent, R., Issenhuth, P.
- How to cover the general public by Internet interviewing; 2009; Das, M.
- The Internet sample; 2009; Getka-Wilczynska, E.
- Selection bias in Internet panels: challenge or dead blow?; 2009; Lensvelt-Mulders, G. J.
- Presentation of WEBSURVNET; 2009; de Pedraza, P., Steinmetz, S., Tijdens, K.
- What to do if Probability Sampling is Impossible in a Web Survey?; 2009; Markou, E., Razafindratsima, N., de Cledat, B., Issenhuth, P., Laurent, R.
- Sampling Frame Coverage and Domain Adjustment Procedures for Internet Surveys; 2009; Asan, Z., Ayhan, H. O.
- New Challenges in Sampling: Introduction; 2009; Laaksonen, S.
- Presenting Answers in Random Order: A generic approach for presenting enumeration answers in random...; 2009; Lina, M.
- Preference for Mobile Interview Surveys? Interplay of costs, errors and biases; 2009; Vehovar, V., Slavec, A.
- Pictures in Web Surveys; 2009; Toepoel, V., Couper, M. P.
- National readership surveys: Moving from probability face-to-face surveys to Internet panels; 2009; Vehovar, V., Slavec, A., Petric, I., Sargac, M.
- Use of Web surveys in Official Statistics; 2009; Bethlehem, J.
- Visual Design Effects on Respondents’ Behavior in Web-Surveys; 2009; Greinöcker, A.
- The Collected Works of Robert M. Groves, 6 Book Set (Wiley Series in Survey Methodology); 2009; Groves, R. M.
- Methodology of Longitudinal Surveys (Wiley Series in Survey Methodology); 2009; Lynn, P.
- Applied Survey Methods: A Statistical Perspective (Wiley Series in Survey Methodology); 2009; Bethlehem, J.
- Sensitive Questions in Online Surveys: Experimental Results for the Randomized Response Technique (RRT...; 2009; Coutts, E., Jann, B.
- Three Different Designs of Type Ranking‐Questions; 2009; Sackl, A.
- Usability of Mobile Surveys; 2009; Tarkus, A.
- Measuring Network Quality: Strengths and Weaknesses of different Evaluation Methods (SMS, w@p and web...; 2009; Wallisch, A., Schwab, H.
- Panel Conditioning in Web Surveys: A Comparison between Trained and Fresh Respondents; 2009; Toepoel, V., Das, M., van Soest, A.
- Using Tag Clouds to Analyse and Visualise Results of Open Ended Questions; 2009; Melles, T., Jaron, R.
- Personalization as Strategy to Increase Response Rates; 2009; Althoff, S.
- Measurement options, measurement error, and usability in mobile surveys; 2009; Pferdekämper, T., Bosnjak, M., Metzger, G.
- Optimising survey costs in mixed mode environment; 2009; Vehovar, V., Berzelak, N., Lozar Manfreda, K., Belak, E.
- A guide to conducting online research; 2009; Gaiser, T. J., Schreiner, A. E.
- Methods to increase response to postal and electronic questionnaires; 2009; J., Roberts, I., Clarke, M. J., DiGuiseppi, C., Wentz, R., Kwan, I., Cooper, R., Felix, L. M., Pratap...
- Online Research Essentials: Designing and Implementing Research Studies; 2009; Russell, B., Purcell, J.
- Creating Online Surveys: Some Wisdom from the Trenches Tutorial ; 2009; Singh, A., Taneja, A., Mangalaraj, G.
- Online Survey Tools: Ethical and Methodological Concerns of Human Research Ethics Committees; 2009; Buchanan, E. A., Hvizdak, E. E.
- The Video-Enhanced Web Survey Data Quality and Cognitive Processing of Questions; 2009; Fuchs, M.
- Forum - Research 2.0: engage or give up the ghost?; 2009; Oxley, M., Light, B.
- Analyzing the Cost-Effectiveness of Using Return Receipt and Address Corrections in Mail Surveys; 2009; Stuckey, H. L., Malhotra, N., Sims, B. A., Walters, M. R.
- Summaries of Address-Based Sampling Presentations at the AAPOR Annual Meeting; 2009; W., Daily, G., Shuttles, D. C., Yancey, L. T., Thu Burks, A., Bourquin, C.Link, M. W.
- Can Survey Respondents with Visual Deficits Complete My Web Survey?; 2009; Malakhoff, L.
- How Many Scale Points Should I Include for Attitudinal Questions?; 2009; Maitland, A.
- Should I label all scale points or just the end points for attitudinal questions?; 2009; Maitland, A.
- Effects of Questionnaire Length on Participation and Indicators of Response Quality in a Web Survey; 2009; Galesic, M., Bosnjak, M.
- The Framing of the Survey Request and Panel Attrition; 2009; Tourangeau, R., Ye, J.
- Optimal Design of Branching Questions to Measure Bipolar Constructs; 2009; Malhotra, N., Krosnick, J. A., Thomas, R. K.
- Questionnaire Survey Nonresponse: A Comparison of Postal Mail and Internet Surveys ; 2009; Hoonakker, P., Carayon, P.
- Combining Web-Based and Mail Surveys Improves Response Rates: A PBRN Study From PRIME Net; 2009; Kroth, P. J., McPherson, L., Leverence, R., Pace, W., Daniels, E., Rhyne, R. L., Williams, R. L.
- Open-Ended Questions in Web Surveys: Can Increasing the Size of Answer Boxes and Providing Extra Verbal...; 2009; Smyth, J. D., Dillman, D. A., Christian, L. M., McBride, M.
- The effect of varying the number of response alternatives in rating scales: Experimental evidence from...; 2009; Maydeu-Olivares, A., Kramp, U., García-Forero, C., Gallardo-Pujol, D., Coffman, D.
- Investigating causal relationships with power: Online experiments; 2009; Reips, U. -D.
- Effectiveness of incentives in web surveys within mixed-mode systems: An evaluation of errors & costs...; 2009; Lozar Manfreda, K.
- Representativeness of web surveys to the general public ; 2009; Sonck, N.
- Using Internet survey paradata to optimize survey questionnaire design; 2009; Heerwegh, D.