Web Survey Bibliography
Title Issues in Internet survey research among cancer patients
Source Cancer Nursing, 27, 1, pp. 34-44
Access date 09.06.2004
Abstract Considering the increasing number of cancer patients who are online, it is clear that the Internet will provide an important research medium and/or setting for oncology nurses in the near future. Despite increasing Internet usage in nursing research and practice, issues in using the Internet among cancer patients as a research tool have rarely been explored and discussed. The purpose of the article is to propose future directions for Internet research among cancer patients based on discussions of practical issues raised in an Internet survey study among 40 online cancer patients. The issues raised through the research process include (a) ethical issues, (b) recruitment issues, (c) issues in Web site development and maintenance, and (d) data entry and analysis issues. On the basis of the discussions of these issues, some future directions for Internet survey studies are proposed, including dealing with ethical issues, getting computer expertise, using motivational strategies, and using national and international approaches.
Access/Direct link EBSCOhost (abstract)
Year of publication2004
Bibliographic typeJournal article
Web Survey Bibliography - Im, E. O. (7)
- Methodological issues in the recruitment of ethnic minority subjects to research via the Internet: a...; 2005; Im, E. O., Chee, W.
- The psychometric properties of pen-and-pencil and internet versions of the midlife women's symptom index...; 2005; Im, E. O., Chee, W., Bender, M., Cheng, C.- Y., Tsai, H.- M., Kang, N. M., Lee, H. S.
- Recruitment of research participants through the Internet; 2004; Im, E. O., Chee, W.
- Issues In An Internet Survey Among Midlife Asian Women; 2004; Im, E. O., Chee, W.
- Issues in Internet survey research among cancer patients; 2004; Im, E. O., Chee, W.
- Issues in Internet research; 2003; Im, E. O., Chee, W.
- Issues in protection of human subjects in Internet research; 2002; Im, E. O., Chee, W.