Web Survey Bibliography
Purpose – This study attempts to investigate reading behavior in the digital environment by analyzing how people's reading behavior has changed over the past ten years.
Design/methodology/approach – Survey and analysis methods are employed.
Findings – With an increasing amount of time spent reading electronic documents, a screen-based reading behavior is emerging. The screen-based reading behavior is characterized by more time spent on browsing and scanning, keyword spotting, one-time reading, non-linear reading, and reading more selectively, while less time is spent on in-depth reading, and concentrated reading. Decreasing sustained attention is also noted. Annotating and highlighting while reading is a common activity in the printed environment. However, this “traditional” pattern has not yet migrated to the digital environment when people read electronic documents.
Originality/value – Implications for the changes in reading behavior are discussed, and directions for future research are suggested.
Web Survey Bibliography (7290)
- Exploring Factors in Contributing Student Progress in the Open University; 2016; Arifin, M. H.
- Does the use of mobile devices (tablets and smartphones) affect survey quality and choice behaviour...; 2015; Liebe, U., Glenk, K., Oehlmann, M., Meyerhoff, J.
- A Comparison of Four Probability-Based Online and Mixed-Mode Panels in Europe; 2015; Blom, A. G., Bosnjak, M., Cornilleau, A., Cousteaux, A-S., Das, M., Douhou, S., Krieger, U.
- The Effects of the Direction of Rating Scales on Survey Responses in a Telephone Survey; 2015; Keusch, F., Yan, T.
- Web-based survey, calibration, and economic impact assessment of spending in nature based recreation; 2015; Paudel, K. P., Devkota, N., Gyawali, B.
- Predictors of inconsistent responding in web surveys; 2015; Akbulut, Y.
- Patient-Reported Outcomes and Therapeutic Affordances of Social Media: Findings From a Global Online...; 2015; Merolli, M., Gray, K., Martin-Sanchez, F., Lopez-Campos, G.
- The Prostate Cancer Journey Results of an Online Survey of Men and Their Partners; 2015; O'Shaughnessy, P. K., Laws, T. A., Esterman, A.
- Twelve-month prevalence and predictors of self-reported suicidal ideation and suicide attempt among...; 2015; Kang, E. H., Kim, G. M., Hyun, M. K., Choi, S. M., Kim, J. M., Woo, J. M.
- Association between first airborne cedar pollen level peak and pollinosis symptom onset: a web-based...; 2015; Bando, H., Sugiura, H., Ohkusa, Y., Akahane, M., Sano, T., Jojima, N., Okabe, N., Imamura, T.
- A Mixed-Methods Investigation of Factors and Scenarios Influencing College Students’ Decision...; 2015; Koskey, K. L. K.; Cain, B.; Alvim, H. G.; Slager, E. M.
- Selection error in single- and mixed mode surveys of the Dutch general population; 2015; Hox, J., Klausch, L. T., Schouten, B.
- Why do people participate in Web surveys? Applying survey participation theory to Internet survey data...; 2015; Keusch, F.
- Online Administration of a Quantified Self-Questionnaire for Elderly People: A User Satisfaction Survey...; 2015; Beauchet, O., Vilcocq-Merjagnan, C.
- Nannies' Knowledge, Attitude, and Management of Food Allergies of Children: An Online Survey; 2015; Greiwe, J. C., Pazheri, F., Schroer, B.
- A web-based survey of United Kingdom sedation practice in the intensive care unit; 2015; Yassin, S. M., Yassin, J., Terblanche, M., McKenzie, C. A.
- Appropriateness, acceptance and sensory preferences based on visual information: A web-based survey...; 2015; Elzerman, J. E., Hoek, A. C., van Boekel, M. J. A. S., Luning, P. A.
- Does Opinion Leadership Increase the Followers on Twitter; 2015; Hwang, Y.
- Measuring birdwatchers preferences: A case for using online networks and mixed-mode surveys; 2015; Guimaraes, M. H., Nunes, L. C., Madureira, L., Santos, J. L., Boski, T., Dentinho, T.
- The Influence of Answer Box Format on Response Behavior on List-Style Open-Ended Questions; 2014; Keusch, F.
- The Handbook of Mobile Market Research: Tools and Techniques for Market Researchers; 2014; Poynter, R., Williams, N., York, S.
- US Rehabilitation Act, Section 508; 2014
- What's going on? Age, distraction, and multitasking during online survey taking; 2014; Zwarun, L., Hall, Al.
- Unconditional and conditional incentives differentially improved general practitioners' participation...; 2014; Young, J. M., O'Halloran, A., McAulay, C., Pirotta, M., Forsdike, K., Currow, D.
- Nonprobability Web Surveys to Measure Sexual Behaviors and Attitudes in the General Population: A Comparison...; 2014; Erens, B.; Burkill, S.; Couper, M. P.; Conrad, F. C., Clifton, S., Tanton, C., Phelps, A., Datta, J.,...
- Luteal-phase support in assisted reproduction treatment: real-life practices reported worldwide by an...; 2014; Vaisbuch, E., de Ziegler, D., Leong, M., Shoham, Z., Weissman, A.
- Facebook, Twitter, & Qr Codes: An Exploratory Trial Examining The Feasibility Of Social Media Mechanisms...; 2014; Gu, L. L.
- Mode differences in a mixed-mode health interview survey among adults; 2014; Hoebel, J., von der Lippe, E., Lange, C., Ziese, T.
- Time-dependent variation in the responses to the web-based ISAAC questionnaire; 2014; Yoshida, K., Sasaki, M., Odajima, H., Itazawa, T., Hashimoto, K., Furukawa, M., Adachi, Y.
- A Web-Based Survey To Evaluate The Factors Associated With Treatment Seeking Behavior In Adults With...; 2014; Bhattacharya, R., Dwibedi, N.
- 640 Current trends in management of high-risk prostate cancer in Europe: Results of a web-based survey...; 2014; Briganti, A., Isbarn, H., Ost, P., Ploussard, G., Sooriakumaran, P., Van Den Bergh, R.C.N., Van Oort...
- Perioperative management in order to minimise postoperative delirium and postoperative cognitive dysfunction...; 2014; Jildenstål, P. K., Jakobsson, J. G., Hallen, J. L., Berggren, L., Rawal, N.
- Data Collection Mode Effects On Political Knowledge; 2014; Liu, M., Wang, Y.
- An Experimental Test of the Effects of Survey Sponsorship on Internet and Mail Survey Response; 2014; Edwards, M. L., Dillman, D. A., Smyth, J. D.
- Assessing the Potential of Paradata and Other Auxiliary Data for Nonresponse Adjustments; 2014; Krueger, B. S., West, B. T.
- QRTEngine: An easy solution for running online reaction time experiments using Qualtrics; 2014; Barnhoorn, J. S., Haasnoot, E., Bocanegra, B. R., van Steenbergen, H.
- Disclosure of sensitive behaviors across self-administered survey modes: a meta-analysis; 2014; Gnambs, T., Kaspar, K.
- Build your own social network laboratory with Social Lab: a tool for research in social media; 2014; Garaizar, P., Reips, U.-D.
- Is Vague Valid? The Comparative Predictive Validity of Vague Quantifiers and Numeric Response Options...; 2014; Al Baghal, T.
- The Effect of Answering in a Preferred Versus a Non-Preferred Survey Mode on Measurement; 2014; Smyth, J. D., Olson, K., Kasabian, A.
- Self-reported cheating in web surveys on political knowledge; 2014; Jensen, C., Thomsen, J. P. F.
- The invisible Interviewer: Old and New Methodological Issues in Online Research; 2014; Niero, M.
- Mobile Response in Web Panels; 2014; de Bruijne, M., Wijnant, A.
- Improving Survey Response Rates in Online Panels Effects of Low-Cost Incentives and Cost-Free Text Appeal...; 2014; Pedersen, M. J., Nielsen, C. V.
- Open-ended questions in Web Surveys-Using visual and adaptive questionnaire design to improve narrative...; 2014; Emde, M.
- Query on Data Collection for Social Surveys; 2014; Blanke, K., Luiten, A.
- ESSnet (DCSS) - Lessons so far; 2014; Blanke, K., Luiten, A.
- ESSnet Project: Data Collection for Social Surveys using Multiple Modes (DCSS) ; 2014; Ruenz, P., Blanke, K.
- A mixed-methods study on perceptions towards use of Rapid Ethical Assessment to improve informed consent...; 2014; Addissie, A., Davey, G., Newport, M. J., Addissie, T., MacGregor, H., Feleke, Y., Farsides, B.
- Questionnaire length and breakoffs in web surveys: a meta study; 2014; Vehovar, V., Cehovin, G.