Web Survey Bibliography
Purpose – This study attempts to investigate reading behavior in the digital environment by analyzing how people's reading behavior has changed over the past ten years.
Design/methodology/approach – Survey and analysis methods are employed.
Findings – With an increasing amount of time spent reading electronic documents, a screen-based reading behavior is emerging. The screen-based reading behavior is characterized by more time spent on browsing and scanning, keyword spotting, one-time reading, non-linear reading, and reading more selectively, while less time is spent on in-depth reading, and concentrated reading. Decreasing sustained attention is also noted. Annotating and highlighting while reading is a common activity in the printed environment. However, this “traditional” pattern has not yet migrated to the digital environment when people read electronic documents.
Originality/value – Implications for the changes in reading behavior are discussed, and directions for future research are suggested.
Web Survey Bibliography (7802)
- Comparing Data Quality Between Online Panel and River Samples; 2016; Liu, M.
- Consequences of the forced answering option within online surveys: Do higher item response rates come...; 2016; Sischka, P.; Decieux, J. P.; Mergener, A.; Neufang, K.
- How the Placement of the Linkage Consent Question Impacts the Consent Rate in an Online Establishment...; 2016; Vicari, B.; Sakshaug, J. W.
- Effects of Issue Salience, Questionnaire Design and Incentives on Web Survey Response Rates; 2016; Hentschel, A.; Mueller, A.
- Motivated Underreporting and Response Propensity: Do persons likely to respond give better answers to...; 2016; Wengrzik, J.
- A study on panel engagement in a mobile survey app; 2016; Scharioth, N.; Tschida, K.
- Grids versus Item-by-Item Designs on Smartphones; 2016; Couper, M. P.
- Open narrative questions in PC and smartphones: is the device playing a role?; 2016; Revilla, M.; Ochoa, C.
- Mixed-Method Approaches in Enterprise Social Software Evaluation; 2016; Schnurr, J. M.; Behrendt, S.; Buelow, C.
- Fit4You - an online survey for the transition from school to vocational training / study; 2016; Koehler, T.; Haertel, L.; Funke, F.; Neumann, J.; Ossowski, A.; Hellwig, O.; Bartsch, J.; Sander, N.
- Teaching Web Surveys Methods. Classroom Experiences Among University Instructors; 2016; Jablonski, W.
- Mobile app respondents: a study on panel engagement; 2016; Scharioth, N.; Tschida, K.
- The Adequacy of Outlier Definitions based on Response Time Distributions in Web Surveys: A Paradata...; 2016; Schlosser, S.; Karem Hoene, J.
- Using passive data from a meter to complement survey data in order to study online behaviors?; 2016; Revilla, M.; Ochoa, C.
- Changing the scoring procedure and the response format to get the most out of multiple-choice tests...; 2016; Papenberg, M.; Diedenhofen, B.; Musch, J.
- Evolving Online Survey Environment and the Burden of Mobile Responding; 2016; Mulder, J.; de Bruijne, M.; Oudejans, M.
- Human vs. artificial intelligence: Are software solutions already able to replace human beings?; 2016; Koch, M.
- Impulsiveness, Speed and Reliability in Online Questionnaire; 2016; Harms, C.
- Non-response in evaluation of teaching; 2016; Brinkmoeller, B.; Forthmann, B.; Thielsch, M.
- Panel Online: how important is the recruitment mode ?; 2016
- The Big Show-Stopper: Online Research in the Stranglehold of Data Protection Regulation?; 2016; Mueller - Peters, H.
- Engagement patterns of nontraditional students in the Questionnaire Design for Social Surveys Coursera...; 2016; Samoilova, E.; Keusch, F.; Kreuter, F.
- Automatic detection of e-commerce adoption from online data; 2016; Blazquez, D.; Domenech, J.; Gil, J.A.; Pont, A.
- Participation in a mixed-mode panel over the course of the field period: An analysis of different response...; 2016; Struminskaya, B.; Gummer, T.
- Propensity score weighting in a web-based panel survey: Comparing the effects on attrition biases in...; 2016; Gummer, T.; Rossmann, J.
- Using Behavioral Economic Games as Replacement for Grid Questions to Increase Respondent Engagement; 2016; Buder, F.; Unfried, M.
- Gamifying Questions Using Text Alone; 2016; Cape, P. J.
- Gaming-Genres and Motivation: Why do we play what we play?; 2016; Stetina, B. U. Kovacovsky, Z. Kluss, K. Klaps, A. Aden, J. Bendas, C. Daude, A. Lehenbauer, M.
- Assessing the Effects of Participant Preference and Demographics in the Usage of Web-based Survey Questionnaires...; 2016; Mlikotic, R.; Parker, B.; Rajapakshe, R.
- Improving Inpatient Surveys: Web-Based Computer Adaptive Testing Accessed via Mobile Phone QR Codes; 2016; Chien, T. S.; Lin, W.S.
- Surveying End-of-Life Medical Decisions in France: Evaluation of an Innovative Mixed-Mode Data Collection...; 2016; Legleye, S; Pennec, S.; Monnier, A.; Stephan, A.; Brouard, N.; Bilsen, J.; Cohen, J.
- Problems and Prospects in Survey Research; 2016; Moy, P.; Murphy, J.
- When will Nonprobability Surveys Mirror Probability Surveys? Considering Types of Inference and Weighting...; 2016; Pasek, J.
- Eye-tracking Social Desirability Bias; 2016; Kaminska, O.; Foulsham, T.
- Evaluating Three Approaches to Statistically Adjust for Mode Effects; 2016; Kolenikov, S.; Kennedy, C.
- Distractions: The Incidence and Consequences of Interruptions for Survey Respondents ; 2016; Ansolabehere, S.; Schaffner, B. F.
- The Effect of CATI Questions, Respondents, and Interviewers on Response Time; 2016; Olson, K.; Smyth, J. D.
- Pre-Survey Text Messages (SMS) Improve Participation Rate in an Australian Mobile Telephone Survey:...; 2016; Dal Grande, E.; Chittleborough, C. R.; Campostrini, S.; Dollard, M.; Taylor, A. W.
- Pitfalls, Potentials, and Ethics of Online Survey Research: LGBTQ and Other Marginalized and Hard-to...; 2016; McInroy, L. B.
- Effects of Personalization and Invitation Email Length on Web-Based Survey Response Rates; 2016; Trespalacios, J. H.; Perkins, R. A.
- Linearization Variance Estimators for Mixed ‒ mode Survey Data when Response Indicators are Modeled...; 2016; Demnati, A.
- Forecasting proportional representation elections from non-representative expectation surveys; 2016; Graefe, A.
- Short and Sweet? Length and Informative Content of Open-Ended Responses Using SMS as a Research Mode; 2016; Walsh, E.; Brinker, J. K.
- Adaptive survey designs to minimize survey mode effects – a case study on the Dutch Labor Force...; 2016; Calinescu, M.; Schouten, B.
- Mixing modes of data collection in Swiss social surveys: Methodological report of the LIVES-FORS mixed...; 2016; Roberts, C.; Joye, D.; Staehli, M. E.
- What is the gain in a probability-based online panel to provide Internet access to sampling units that...; 2016; Revilla, M.; Cornilleau, A.; Cousteaux, A-S.; Legleye, S; de Pedraza, P.
- Representative web-survey!; 2016; Linde, P.
- Assessing targeted approach letters: effects in different modes on response rates, response speed and...; 2016; Lynn, P.
- New Generation of Online Questionnaires?; 2016; Revilla, M.; Ochoa, C.; Turbina, A.
- The Analysis of Respondent’s Behavior toward Edit Messages in a Web Survey; 2016; Park, Y.