Web Survey Bibliography
Purpose – This study attempts to investigate reading behavior in the digital environment by analyzing how people's reading behavior has changed over the past ten years.
Design/methodology/approach – Survey and analysis methods are employed.
Findings – With an increasing amount of time spent reading electronic documents, a screen-based reading behavior is emerging. The screen-based reading behavior is characterized by more time spent on browsing and scanning, keyword spotting, one-time reading, non-linear reading, and reading more selectively, while less time is spent on in-depth reading, and concentrated reading. Decreasing sustained attention is also noted. Annotating and highlighting while reading is a common activity in the printed environment. However, this “traditional” pattern has not yet migrated to the digital environment when people read electronic documents.
Originality/value – Implications for the changes in reading behavior are discussed, and directions for future research are suggested.
Web Survey Bibliography (7673)
- The impact of academic sponsorship on Web survey dropout and item non-response; 2016; Allen, P. J.; Roberts, L. D.
- Moderators of Candidate Name-Order Effects in Elections: An Experiment; 2016; Kim, Nu.; Krosnick, J. A.; Casasanto, D.
- Predictive inference for non-probability samples: a simulation study ; 2016; Buelens, B.; Burger, J.; van den Brakel, J.
- Measuring Generalized Trust: An Examination of Question Wording and the Number of Scale Points; 2016; Lundmark, S.; Giljam, M.; Dahlberg, S.
- A Statistical Approach to Provide Individualized Privacy for Surveys; 2016; Esponda, F.; Huerta, K.; Guerrero, V. M.
- Online and Social Media Data As an Imperfect Continuous Panel Survey; 2016; Diaz, F.; Garmon, F.; Hofman, J. K.; Kiciman, E.; Rothschild, D.
- Social Media Analyses for Social Measurement; 2016; Schober, M. F.; Pasek, J.; Guggenheim, L.; Lampe, C.; Conrad, F. G.
- Comparing Extreme Response Styles between Agree-Disagree and Item-Specific Scales; 2016; Liu, M.; Lee, S.; Conrad, F. G.
- Equivalence of paper-and-pencil and computerized self-report surveys in older adults; 2016; Weigold, A.; Weigold, I. K.; Drakeford, M. K.; Dykema, S. A.; Smith, C. A.
- Quality of Different Scales in an Online Survey in Mexico and Colombia; 2016; Revilla, M.; Ochoa, C.
- A multi-group analysis of online survey respondent data quality: Comparing a regular USA consumer panel...; 2016; Golden, L.; Albaum, G.; Roster, C. A.; Smith, S. M.
- Using Mouse Movements to Predict Web Survey Response Difficulty; 2016; Horwitz, R.; Kreuter, F.; Conrad, F.
- Does the Inclusion of Non-Internet Households in a Web Panel Reduce Coverage Bias?; 2016; Eckman, S.
- Investigating respondent multitasking in web surveys using paradata; 2016; Sendelbah, A.; Vehovar, V.; Slavec, A.; Petrovcic, A.
- The effect of email invitation elements on response rate in a web survey within an online community; 2016; Petrovcic, A.; Petric, G.; Lozar Manfreda, K.
- Measuring the effects of online health information: Scale validation for the e-Health Impact Questionnaire...; 2016; Kelly, L.; Ziebland, S.; Jenkinson, C.
- Perils and potentials of self-selected entry to epidemiological studies and surveys; 2016; Keiding, N.; Louis, T. A.
- Respondent Conditioning in Online Panel Surveys: Results of Two Field Experiments; 2016; Struminskaya, B.
- Swapping bricks for clicks: Crowdsourcing longitudinal data on Amazon Turk; 2016; Daly, T. M.; Nataraajan, R.
- A reliability analysis of Mechanical Turk data; 2016; Rouse, S. V.
- Quota Controls in Survey Research.; 2016; Gittelman, S. H.; Thomas, R. K.; Lavrakas, P. J.; Lange, V.
- Presentation matters: how mode effects in item non-response depend on the presentation of response options...; 2016; Zeglovits, E.; Schwarzer, S.
- Internet-administered Health-related Quality of Life Questionnaires Compared With Pen and Paper in an...; 2016; Nitikman, M.; Mulpuri, K.; Reilly, C. W.
- Response Rate and Response Bias in Marketing Research; 2016; Ocal, Y.; Babin, B. J.
- Computers, Tablets, and Smart Phones: The Truth About Web-based Surveys; 2016; Merle, P.; Gearhart, S.; Craig, C.; Vandyke, M.; Brooks, M. E.; Rahimi, M.
- The Role of Automated SMS Text Messaging in Survey Research ; 2016; Hoe, N.; Grunwald, H. E.
- Scientific Surveys Based on Incomplete Sampling Frames and High Rates of Nonresponse; 2016; Fahimi, M.; Barlas, F. M.; Thomas, R. K.; Buttermore, N. R.
- Exploring Factors in Contributing Student Progress in the Open University; 2016; Arifin, M. H.
- Usability of the ACS Internet Instrument on Mobile Devices; 2015; Horwitz, R.
- Explorations in Non - Probability Sampling Using the Web; 2015; Brick, J. M.
- On Bias Adjustments for Web Surveys; 2015; Fan, L.; Lou, W.; Landsman, V.
- Are they willing to use the web? First results of a possible switch from PAPI to CAPI/CAWI in an establishment...; 2015; Ellguth, P.; Kohaut, S.
- Web panel surveys – a challenge for official statistics; 2015; Svensson, J.
- Estimation with Non-probability Surveys and the Question of External Validity; 2015; Dever, J. A.; Valliant, R. L.
- Measurement Properties of Web Surveys; 2015; Tourangeau, R.
- Measuring Political Knowledge in Web-Based Surveys: An Experimental Validation of Visual Versus Verbal...; 2015; Munzert, S.; Selb, P.
- Validation of the new scale for measuring behaviors of Facebook users: Psycho-Social Aspects of Facebook...; 2015; Bodroza, B.; Jovanovic, T.
- Adding Postal Follow-Up to a Web-Based Survey of Primary Care and Gastroenterology Clinic Physician...; 2015; Partin, M. R.; Powell, A. A.; Burgess, D. J.; Haggstrom, D. A.; Gravely, A. A.; Halek, K.; Bangerter...
- Can Non-full-probability Internet Surveys Yield Useful Data? A Comparison with Full-probability Face...; 2015; Simmons, A.D.; Bobo, L. D.
- Participation rates, response bias and response behaviours in the community survey of the Swiss Spinal...; 2015; Fekete, C.; Segerer, W.; Gemperli, A.; Brinkhof, M.W.G.
- Comparison of preservation values between Internet and interview survey modes: the case of Dokdo, South...; 2015; Lee, C.-K.; Kim, T. K.; Mjelde, J. W.
- The Cathie Marsh lecture: What does the failure of the polls tell us about the future of survey research...; 2015; Sturgis, P., Matheson, J.
- GreenBook Research Industry Trends Report; 2015; Murphy, L. (Ed.)
- Designing web surveys for the multi-device internet; 2015; de Bruijne, M.
- Data Quality Standards in Mixed Mode Surveys; 2015; Bremer, J.; Barbulescu, M.; Bennett, J.
- Mobile Surveys for Kids: Making Surveys G-rated; 2015; Simpson, B.
- Changing from CAPI to CAWI in an ongoing household panel - experiences from the German Socio-Economic...; 2015; Schupp, J.; Sassenroth, D.
- Rating Scales in Web Surveys: A Test of New Drag-and-Drop Rating Procedures; 2015; Kunz, T.
- A Review of Issues in Gamified Surveys; 2015; Keusch, F.; Zhang, C.
- Mobility Enabled: Effects of Mobile Devices on Survey Response and Substantive Measures; 2015; Barlas, F. M.; Randall, T. K.