Web Survey Bibliography
Purpose – This study attempts to investigate reading behavior in the digital environment by analyzing how people's reading behavior has changed over the past ten years.
Design/methodology/approach – Survey and analysis methods are employed.
Findings – With an increasing amount of time spent reading electronic documents, a screen-based reading behavior is emerging. The screen-based reading behavior is characterized by more time spent on browsing and scanning, keyword spotting, one-time reading, non-linear reading, and reading more selectively, while less time is spent on in-depth reading, and concentrated reading. Decreasing sustained attention is also noted. Annotating and highlighting while reading is a common activity in the printed environment. However, this “traditional” pattern has not yet migrated to the digital environment when people read electronic documents.
Originality/value – Implications for the changes in reading behavior are discussed, and directions for future research are suggested.
Web Survey Bibliography (7451)
- Exploring Factors in Contributing Student Progress in the Open University; 2016; Arifin, M. H.
- Determining Potential for Breakoff in Time Diary Survey Using Paradata; 2015; Wettlaufer, D., Arunachalam, H., Atkin, G., Eck, A., Soh, L.-K., Belli, R. F.
- Grouping of Items in Mobile Web Questionnaires; 2015; Mavletova, A. M., Couper, M. P.
- Probabilistic Web Survey Methodology in Education Centers: An Example in Spanish Schools; 2015; Tapia, J. A., Menendez, J. A.
- Understanding Participation in a Web-Based Measurement Burst Design: Response Metrics and Predictors...; 2015; Griffin, J., Patrick, M. E.
- Rating Scales in Survey Research: Using the Rasch model to illustrate the middle category measurement...; 2015; Bradley, K. D., Peabody, M. R., Akers, K. S., Knutson, N. M.
- Facebook as a Tool for Respondent Tracing; 2015; Schneider, S. J., Burke-Garcia, A., Thomas, G.
- On-the-Job: What to Expect and How to Succeed; 2015; O'Hare, B. C., Kolenikov, S., Jans, M.
- Social Science Survey Methodology Training: Understanding the Past and Assessing the Present to Shape...; 2015; Jans, M., Meyers, M., Fricker, S.
- Internet Research in Psychology; 2015; Gosling, S. D., Mason, W.
- Handbook of Health Survey Methods; 2015; Johnson, T. P. (Ed.)
- Mobile market research and the hard−to−reach consumers; 2015; Vicente, P.
- Adapting an interviewer - administered survey for web self - completion in a mixed - mode design ; 2015; Betts, P.; Cubbon, B.
- Integrating the Web Mode in the Austrian Household Budget Surv ey 2014/15 – First Experiences...; 2015; Riegler, R.; Plate, M.
- Future Training of Survey Methodologists; 2015; Kolenikov, S., Jans, M., O'Hare, B. C., Fricker, S.
- Automatic data collection on the Internet (web scraping); 2015; Boettcher, I.
- Using Internet as a Data Source for Official Statistics: a Comparative Analysis of Web Scraping Technologies...; 2015; Barcaroli, G.; Summa, D.; Scarno, M.; Scannapieco, M.
- The Impact of Survey Mode (Mail versus Telephone) and Asking About Future Intentions; 2015; Beebe, T. J.
- Offline recruiting of young people for an online survey - what affects response rates; 2015; Zeglovits, E.
- Finding Item Nonresponse Patterns: Three Internet Survey Experiments Into the Effects of Nonresponse...; 2015; Van De Maat, J.
- Placement of the Linkage Consent Question in a Web Survey of Establishments; 2015; Sakshaug, J. W.; Vicari, B.
- The effectiveness of incentives on recruitment and retention rates: an experiment in a web survey; 2015; Mulder, J.; Douhou, S.
- Using WhatsApp as a Survey Tool; 2015; Ongena, Y. P.; Haan, M.
- The Effects of Adding a Mobile-Compatible Design to the American Life Panel; 2015; Toepoel, V.; Lugtig, P. J.; Amin, A.
- Technology and Reporting of Daily Activities – Considerations for Analysis of Behaviours in Mixed...; 2015; Fisher, K.; Gershuny, J.
- Does the Use of Mobile Devices (Tablets and Smartphones) Affect Survey Quality and Choice Behaviour...; 2015; Glenk, K.; Liebe, U.; Oehlmann, M.
- Smartphones @work; 2015; Bittman, M.
- Multi Mode Survey Managment Design and Implementation; 2015; Maher, P.; Cheung, G.
- Measurement Error in Discontinuous Online Survey Panels: Panel Conditioning and Data Quality; 2015; Atkeson, L. R.; Adams, A. N.; Karp, J. A.
- Cheating in web surveys. Evidence from a split-ballot repeated experiment on knowledge questions on...; 2015; Ladini, R.; Vezzoni, C.
- Does Personalized Feedback Increase Respondent Motivation?; 2015; Kroh, M.; Kuhne, S.
- Adapting Grid Questions for Mobile Devices; 2015; de Bruijne, M.; Das, M.; van Soest, A.; Wijnant, A.
- Unplanned use of mobile devices in a probabilistic online panel survey: Patterns of use and implications...; 2015; Poggio, T.; Bosnjak, M.; Bandilla, W.; Weyandt, K.
- The use of Pcs, smartphones and tablets in a probability based panel survey. Effects on survey measurement...; 2015; Toepoel, V.; Lugtig, P. J.
- The importance of scale direction between different modes; 2015; Agalioti-sgompou, V.
- Impact of response scale direction on survey responses in web and mobile web surveys; 2015; Yan, T.; Keusch, F.
- Ordering Your Attention: Response Order Effects in Web-based Surveys; 2015; Barlas, F. M.; Thomas, R. K.
- Comparing response order experiments with probability and non-probability samples; 2015; Yeager, D. S.; Krosnick, J. A.; Silber, H.
- Direction of Response Format in Web and Paper & Pencil Surveys; 2015
- Comparison of different mixed-mode and face - to face surveys - response rates and costs; 2015; Ainsaar, M.; Hendrikson, R.
- Nonresponse and Measurement Bias in Web surveys ; 2015; Metzler, A.; Fuchs, M.
- Correlates of early and late responses to surveys in an online panel; 2015; Douhou, S.; Vis, C.
- Higher Item Nonresponse Rates Caused by Slider Scales in Web Surveys; 2015; Toepoel, V.; Funke, F.
- The effect of response formats on data quality and comparability across online PC and smartphone surveys...; 2015; Cleary, A.; Allum, N.; Kolbas, V.
- Mobile devices in a web panel: what are the results of adjusting questionnaires for smartphones and...; 2015; de Bruijne, M.; Wijnant, A.
- Online Eye-Tracking of Dynamic Advertising Content in (Mobile) Web-Surveys; 2015; Berger, S.
- Deficient data quality as a consequence of respondents mobility? Response strategies according to mobility...; 2015; Wetzelhuetter, D.
- Deep impact or no impact, evaluating opportunities for a new question type: Statement allocation on...; 2015; Schmidt, S.
- Approaches for Evaluating Online Survey Response Quality; 2015; Gluck, N.
- Coding Surveys on their Item Characteristics: Reliability Diagnostics; 2015; Bais, F.; Schouten, B.; Toepoel, V.