Web Survey Bibliography
Purpose – This study attempts to investigate reading behavior in the digital environment by analyzing how people's reading behavior has changed over the past ten years.
Design/methodology/approach – Survey and analysis methods are employed.
Findings – With an increasing amount of time spent reading electronic documents, a screen-based reading behavior is emerging. The screen-based reading behavior is characterized by more time spent on browsing and scanning, keyword spotting, one-time reading, non-linear reading, and reading more selectively, while less time is spent on in-depth reading, and concentrated reading. Decreasing sustained attention is also noted. Annotating and highlighting while reading is a common activity in the printed environment. However, this “traditional” pattern has not yet migrated to the digital environment when people read electronic documents.
Originality/value – Implications for the changes in reading behavior are discussed, and directions for future research are suggested.
Web Survey Bibliography (7141)
- Quality of physical therapy from a patient's perspective; factor analysis on web-based survey data...; 2014; Scholte, M., Calsbeek, H., Nijhuis-van der Sanden, M. W. G., Braspenning, J.
- Left Feels Right: A Usability Study on the Position of Answer Boxes in Web Surveys; 2014; Lenzner, T., Kaczmirek, L., Galesic, M.
- Web-based survey on smoking cessation behaviors of current and former smokers in Japan; 2014; Igarashi, A., Negishi, S., Goto, R., Suwa, K.
- Evaluating a Web-based health risk assessment with tailored feedback: What does an expert focus group...; 2014; Vosbergen, S., Mahieu, G. R. Laan, E. K., Kraaijenhagen, R. A., Jaspers, M. W. M., Peek, N.
- Drivers' road accident risk perception. A comparison between face-to-face interview and web-based...; 2014; Cardamone, A. S., Eboli, L., Mazzulla, G.
- Measuring Political Participation—Testing Social Desirability Bias in a Web-Survey Experiment; 2014; Persson, M., Solevid, M.
- Prioritisation of alternatives with analytical hierarchy process plus response latency and web survey...; 2014; Barone, S. Errore, A., Lombardo, A.
- Accuracy of Within-household Selection in Web and Mail Surveys of the General Population.; 2014; Olson, K., Smyth, J. D.
- Discriminating the Effects of Cannabis sativa and Cannabis indica: A Web Survey of Medical Cannabis...; 2014; Pearce, D. D., Mitsouras, K., Irizarry, K. J.
- Measurement effects between CAPI and Web questionnaires in the UK Household Longitudinal Study; 2014; Lynn, P., Vannieuwenhuyze, J. T. A.
- Using motivational statements in web instrument design to reduce item missing rates in a mixed-mode...; 2014; Al Baghal, T., Lynn, P.
- Role of mode in respondents’ decisions to participate in IP5: findings from a qualitative follow...; 2014; Collins, D., Mitchell, Ma.
- Understanding Society Innovation Panel Wave 6: results from methodological experiments; 2014; Allum, N., Auspurg, K., Blake, M., Booker, C. L., Crossley, T. F., D'ardenne, J., Fairbrother, M., Iacovou...
- Impact of mixed modes on measurement errors and estimates of change in panel data; 2014; Cernat, A.
- Survey design and the determinants of subjective wellbeing: an experimental analysis; 2014; Holford, A., Pudney, S.
- CAWI in a Mixed Mode Longitudinal Design; 2014; Wood, M., Kunz, S.
- Considerations for Conducting Web-Based Survey Research With People Living With Human Immunodeficiency...; 2014; O'Brien, K. K., Solomon, P., Worthington, C., Ibánieez-Carrasco, F., Baxter, L., Nixon, S. A., Baltzer...
- Use of a Google Map Tool Embedded in an Internet Survey Instrument: Is it a Valid and Reliable Alternative...; 2014; Dasgupta, S., Vaughan, A. S., Kramer, M. R., Sanchez, T. H., Sullivan, P. S.
- WEBDATANET: Innovation and Quality in Web-Based Data Collection ; 2014; Steinmetz, S., Slavec, A., Tijdens, K. G., Reips, U.-D., de Pedraza, P., Popescu, A., Belchior, A., ...,...
- Mining “Big Data” using Big Data Services ; 2014; Reips, U.-D., Matzat, U.
- Estimation of Geographic Variation in Human Papillomavirus Vaccine Uptake in Men and Women: An Online...; 2014; Nelson, E. J., Hughes, J., Oakes, J. M., Pankow, J. S., Kulasingam, S. L.
- Instant Interactive Feedback in Grid Questions: Reminding Web Survey; 2014; Kunz, T., Fuchs, M.
- Impact of Response Scale Direction on Survey Responses in Web and Mobile Web Surveys; 2014; Keusch, F., Yan, T., Han, S., He, L.
- What Does the Satisfaction with Democracy Measure Mean to Respondents in Different Countries? How Cross...; 2014; Behr, D., Braun, M.
- School uniform survey in Slovenia 2014; 2014
- What Happens if You Offer a Mobile Option to Your Web Panel? Evidence From a Probability-Based Panel...; 2014; Toepoel, V., Lugtig, P. J.
- Check the Phone Book: Testing Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Recall Aids for Personal...; 2014; Hsieh, Y. P.
- Using Eye Tracking to Evaluate Email Notifications of Surveys and Online Surveys Collecting Address...; 2014; Olmsted, E. L., Nichols, E. M.
- Respondent Processing of Multiple Images throughout a Web Survey; 2014; Charoenruk, N., Stange, M.
- Using Eye Tracking to Examine the Visual Design of Web Surveys; 2014; Zhou, Q., Ricci, K., Olson, K., Smyth, J. D.
- Achieving Balance: Understanding the Relationship between Complexity and Response Quality; 2014; Kirchner, A., Powell, R.
- Question Grouping and Matrices in Web Surveys: Using Response and Auxiliary Data to Examine Question...; 2014; Bilgen, I., Stern, M. J.
- The Grouping of Items in Mobile Web Surveys; 2014; Mavletova, A. M., Couper, M. P.
- Evaluating the Efficacy of Mixed-Mode Intercept Surveys for Complex Questionnaires; 2014; Puniello, O. T.
- Experiments with Email Formatting; 2014; Lawrence, S., Phillips, B. T.
- Sequential or Simultaneous Multi-Mode? Results from Two Large Surveys of Electric Utility Consumers; 2014; Jackson, C., Ledoux, C.
- Correlates of Attrition in the German Internet Panel: Drop-Outs and Sleepers; 2014; Blom, A. G., Beissel-Durrant, G.
- Survey Breakoff in Online Panels; 2014; McCutcheon, A. L.
- Measuring Nonresponse Bias in Web Surveys: The Role of Health Status; 2014; Zhang, M.
- Providing a Deadline for Response: Results from Two Recent Experiments; 2014; Kaiser, A., Walston, J. T., Medway, R., Ye, C., Tourangeau, R.
- Respondents Playing Fast and Loose?: Antecedents and Consequences of Respondent Speed of Completion; 2014; Thomas, R. K., Barlas, F. M.
- An Epidemiologic Internet Survey of Fibromyalgia and Chronic Pain in Japan; 2014; Nakamura, I., Nishioka, K., Usui, C., Osada, K., Ichibayashi, H., Ishida, M., Turk, D. C., Matsumoto...
- Does Self-Selection Affect Samples' Representativeness in Online Surveys? An Investigation in Online...; 2014; Khazaal, Y., van Singer, M., Chatton, A., Achab, S., Zullino, D., Rothen, S., Khan, R., Billieux, J.,...
- Awareness and Treatment of Alcohol Dependence in Japan: Results from Internet-Based Surveys in Persons...; 2014; Taguchi, Y., Takei, Y., Sasai, R., Murteira, S.
- Internet-based survey on current practice for evaluation, prevention, and treatment of scars, hypertrophic...; 2014; Lumenta, D. B., Siepmann, E., Kamolz, L. P.
- Awareness and correlates of the role of physical activity in breast cancer prevention among Japanese...; 2014; Miyawaki, R., Shibata, A., Ishii, K., Oka, K.
- Evaluating the impact of response enhancement methods on the risk of nonresponse bias and survey costs...; 2014; Roberts, C.; Vandenplas, C.; Stähli, M.E.
- Barriers and facilitators for participation in a preventive pelvic floor muscle training program from...; 2014; Albers-Heitner, P., Moossdorff-Steinhauser, H., Weemhoff, M., Nieman, F., Berghmans, B.
- Leading Edge Insights: Foundations of Quality 2.0; 2014; Fuguitt, G.
- Current Practices in Management of Hepatocellular Carcinoma in India: Results of an Online Survey; 2014; Kumar, A.