Web Survey Bibliography
Purpose – This study attempts to investigate reading behavior in the digital environment by analyzing how people's reading behavior has changed over the past ten years.
Design/methodology/approach – Survey and analysis methods are employed.
Findings – With an increasing amount of time spent reading electronic documents, a screen-based reading behavior is emerging. The screen-based reading behavior is characterized by more time spent on browsing and scanning, keyword spotting, one-time reading, non-linear reading, and reading more selectively, while less time is spent on in-depth reading, and concentrated reading. Decreasing sustained attention is also noted. Annotating and highlighting while reading is a common activity in the printed environment. However, this “traditional” pattern has not yet migrated to the digital environment when people read electronic documents.
Originality/value – Implications for the changes in reading behavior are discussed, and directions for future research are suggested.
Web Survey Bibliography (7080)
- Current Practices in Management of Hepatocellular Carcinoma in India: Results of an Online Survey; 2014; Kumar, A.
- Factors associated with the need for information about medicines among pregnant women – a multinational...; 2014; Haemeen-Anttila, K., Kokki, E., Lupatelli, A., Nordeng, H., Jyrkkae, J., Vainio, K., Enlund, H.
- Inside the Turk Understanding Mechanical Turk as a Participant Pool; 2014; Paolacci, G., Chandler, J.
- Differences in intrapersonal and interactional empowerment between lurkers and posters in health-related...; 2014; Petrovcic, A., Petric, G.
- On the Relative Advantage of Mixed-Mode versus Single-Mode Surveys; 2014; Vannieuwenhuyze, J. T. A.
- The 2013 Market Research Technology Survey; 2014; Macer, T.; Wilson, S.
- Test-retest reliability of the International Study of Asthma and Allergies in Childhood questionnaire...; 2014; Yoshida, K., Adachi, Y., Sasaki, M., et al.
- Risk factors of work disability in patients with inflammatory bowel disease — A Dutch nationwide...; 2014; van der Valk, M. E., Mangen, M.-J. J., Leenders, M., et al.
- Characterizing the practice of oocyte donation: a web-based international survey; 2014; Weissman, A., Leong, M., Sauer, M. V., Shoham, Z.
- Web-based Emergency Department Patient Satisfaction Surveys May Introduce Potential for Bias; 2014; Broadwater-Hollifield, C., Fair, J., Podolsky, S., et al.
- Process Planning for CNC Machining of Swedish Subcontractors – A Web Survey; 2014; Anderberg, S., Beno, T., Pejryd, L.
- Perceptions on developing clinical practice guidelines for traditional medicine in Korea: Results of...; 2014; Choi, J., Choi, T.-Y., A.; A., Yun, K.-J., A., Lim, H.-J., Lee, J. A., Lee, M. S.
- Recognition of and interventions for Mibyeong (subhealth) in South Korea: a national web-based survey...; 2014; Lee, J., Lee, Y., Dong, S. O., Kim, S.-H., Lee, S.
- Are primary care physicians prepared to assist patients for smoking cessation? Results of a national...; 2014; Nobile, C. G. A., Bianco, A., Biafore, A. D., Manuti, B., Pileggi, C., Pavia, M.
- Recruiting an Internet Panel Using Respondent-Driven Sampling; 2014; Schonlau, M., Weidmer, B., Kapteyn, A.
- Systematic Review of the Use of Online Questionnaires of Older Adults; 2014; Remillard, M. L., Mazor, K. M., Cutrona, S. L., Gurwitz, J. H., Tjia, J.
- Validating respondents' identity in online samples; 2014; Baker, R., Miller, C., Kachhi-Jiwani, D., Lange, K., Wilding-Brown, L., Tucker, J.
- Online panel software; 2014; Macer, T.
- The relationship between nonresponse strategies and measurement error; 2014; Malhotra, N., Miller, J. M., Wedeking, J.
- Nonresponse and measurement error in an online panel; 2014; Roberts, C., Allum, N., Sturgis, P.
- Estimating the effects of nonresponses in online panels through imputation; 2014; Zhang, W.
- An empirical test of the impact of smartphones on panel-based online data collection; 2014; Drewes, F.
- Internet and mobile ratings panels; 2014; Napoli, P. M.; Lavrakas, P. J.; Callegaro, M.
- Professional respondents in nonprobability online panels; 2014; Hillygus, D. S., Jackson, N. M., Young, M.
- The impact of speeding on data quality in nonprobability and freshly recruited probability-based online...; 2014; Greszki, R., Meyer, M., Schoen, H.
- Informing panel members about study results; 2014; Scherpenzeel, A., Toepoel, V.
- Determinants of the starting rate and the completion rate in online panel studies; 2014; Goeritz, A.
- The untold story of multi-mode (online and mail) consumer panels; 2014; McCutcheon, A. L., Rao, K., Kaminska, O.
- Online panels and validity; 2014; Groenlund, K., Strandberg, K.
- Assessing representativeness of a probability-based online panel in Germany; 2014; Struminskaya, B., Kaczmirek, L., Schaurer, I., Bandilla, W.
- A critical review of studies investigating the quality of data obtained with online panels based on...; 2014; Callegaro, M., Villar, A., Yeager, D. S., Krosnick, J. A.
- Online panel research; 2014; Callegaro, M., Baker, R., Bethlehem, J., Goeritz, A., Krosnick, J. A., Lavrakas, P. J.
- Motives for joining nonprobability online panels and their association with survey participation behavior...; 2014; Keusch, F., Batinic, B., Mayerhofer, W.
- Improving web survey quality; 2014; Steinmetz, S., Bianchi, S. M., Tijdens, K. G., Biffignandi, S.
- Facebook Advertisements Recruit Parents of Children With Cancer for an Online Survey of Web-Based Research...; 2014; Akard, T. F., Wray, S., Gilmer, M. J.
- Is Mobile a Reliable Platform For Survey Taking? Defining Quality in Online Surveys From Mobile Respondents...; 2014; Cook, W. A.
- Uses and Misuses of Online-Survey Panels in Digital Research; 2014; Fulgoni, G.
- Design and Implementation of an Online Questionnaire Tool; 2014; Schaniel, R.
- The Influence of the Answer Box Size on Item Nonresponse to Open-Ended Questions in a Web Survey; 2014; Zuell, C., Menold, N., Koerber, S.
- What are the Links in a Web Survey Among Response Time, Quality, and Auto-Evaluation of the Efforts...; 2014; Revilla, M., Ochoa, C.
- Does Age Matter? The Influence of Age on Response Rates in a Mixed-Mode Survey; 2014; Gigliotti, L. M., Dietsch, A.
- Does the Choice of Header Images influence Responses? Findings from a Web Survey on Students’...; 2014; Barth, A.
- Methods and systems for managing an online opinion survey service; 2014; Mcloughlin, M. H., Seton, N., Blesy, K.
- Comparison of the quality estimates in a mixed-mode and a unimode design: an experiment from the European...; 2014; Revilla, M.
- Forget gamification; try writing a humanized survey; 2014; Pettit, A.
- Using respondent tweets to fill in survey gaps; 2014; Murphy, J.
- Using Paradata to Predict and to Correct for Panel Attrition in a Web-based Panel Survey; 2014; Rossmann, J., Gummer, T.
- Targeting the bias – the impact of mass media attention on sample composition and representativeness...; 2014; Steinmetz, S., Oez, F., Tijdens, K. G.
- Offline Households in the German Internet Panel; 2014; Bossert, D., Holthausen, A., Krieger, U.
- Which fieldwork method for what target group? How to improve response rate and data quality; 2014; Wulfert, T., Woppmann, A.