Web Survey Bibliography
Purpose – This study attempts to investigate reading behavior in the digital environment by analyzing how people's reading behavior has changed over the past ten years.
Design/methodology/approach – Survey and analysis methods are employed.
Findings – With an increasing amount of time spent reading electronic documents, a screen-based reading behavior is emerging. The screen-based reading behavior is characterized by more time spent on browsing and scanning, keyword spotting, one-time reading, non-linear reading, and reading more selectively, while less time is spent on in-depth reading, and concentrated reading. Decreasing sustained attention is also noted. Annotating and highlighting while reading is a common activity in the printed environment. However, this “traditional” pattern has not yet migrated to the digital environment when people read electronic documents.
Originality/value – Implications for the changes in reading behavior are discussed, and directions for future research are suggested.
Web Survey Bibliography (7335)
- Exploring Factors in Contributing Student Progress in the Open University; 2016; Arifin, M. H.
- Predictors of Completion Rates in Online Surveys; 2015; Cho, S.; Cohen, Jo.; Kuriakose, N.; Liu, M.
- Boosting Probability-Based Web Survey Response Rates via Nonresponse Follow-Up; 2015; Chew, K.; Fontes, A.; Lavrakas, P. J.
- Do Response Rates Matter in Online Panels? Comparing the Representatively at Different Levels of Cumulative...; 2015; Martinsson, J.; Riedel, K.
- Hope Springs Eternal: Will a Probability Sample of Schools and Principals Respond by Web and Provide...; 2015; Redline, C. D.; Zukerberg, A.
- Adding a Web Mode to Phone Surveys: Effectiveness and Cost Implications; 2015; Beebe, T. J.; Lien, R.; Luxenberg, H.; Rainey, J.
- Web Survey Response Examined from the Perspective of Leverage-Saliency Theory Within a Longitudinal...; 2015; Nares, Y. G.
- Web Respondents and Sample Coverage: Is the Gap Between Educational Attainment and Income Closing for...; 2015; Friend, D.; Morrison, K.; Waits, T.
- Trade-Offs in a Survey of HealthPartners Patient Members; 2015; Dean, K.; Kottke, T.; Tillema, J.; Ziegenfuss, J. Y.
- Challenging Survey Screen Designs on Smartphones; 2015; Nichols, E. M.; Olmsted, E. L.
- The Effect Usability Testing has on Data Quality: A Design of an Online Diary; 2015; Gentry, R. J.; Pens, Y.
- Making Usability-Testing a Standard Survey Pretesting Methodology; 2015; McFarlane, E.
- Measuring the Effects of Operational Designs on Response Rates and Nonresponse Bias; 2015; Anderson, Me.; Henrikson, N.; King, D.; Ulrich, K.
- U.S. Survey Research: Sampling; 2015
- A Systematic Generation of an Email Pool for Web Surveys; 2015; Silber, H.; Leibold, J.; Lischewski, J.; Schlosser, S.
- Are Tailored Outreach Efforts Too Costly? An Assessment of a Responsive Design Approach to Control Costs...; 2015; Epps, S. R.; Getman, D. P.; Hall, L. M.; Hunter, J. A.
- Nonresponse Analysis and Adjustment in the Follow- Up Study of a National Cohort of Gulf War And Gulf...; 2015; Dursa, E.; Hammer, H.; Kolenikov, S.; Schneiderman, A. I.
- Questionnaire Length and Response Rates: A Nationwide Experiment Across Three Modes of Administration...; 2015; Bautista, R.; Ghandour, R.; Croen, A.
- Asking Sensitive Questions in a GLBT Health Survey. Does Instruction Placement and Length Matter?; 2015; Masterton, M.; Zhang, M.
- Return To Sender: An Evaluation of Undeliverable (e)Mail in the Modern Age; 2015; Marlar, J.; Yu, D.
- The Use of Mobile Devices to Track Family Interactions; 2015; DeMarco, D.; Hildonen, R.; Hunter, J. A.; Lewis, F.; McInnis, D.
- Evaluating Visual Design Elements for Data Collection and Panelist Engagement; 2015; Christian, L. M.; Harm, D.; Tesfaye, C.; Wells, T.
- Comparing Field and Laboratory Usability Tests to Assess the Consistency and Mistakes in Web Survey...; 2015; Croen, A.; Gonzales, N.; Ghandour, R.; Stern, M. J.
- Cell RDD Respondents Unmasked: Progress Report on Geo and Demo Appends to the Wireless Frame; 2015; DiSogra, C.; Kennedy, C.Mosher, M.
- Geo-Sampling: From Design to Implementation; 2015; Amer, S. R.
- Developing a Sampling Design for Exit Polls in States with Election Day In-Person, Early and By-Mail...; 2015; Cannon, G.; Magleby, D. B.; Olsen, J.; Williams, D. E.
- Surveying the District of Columbia GLBT Community Using Respondent-Driven Sampling; 2015; Cohen, M. P.; Kewal Ramani, A.; Eyster, S.; Tucker, C.
- Sampling Wealthy Families in the Survey of Consumer Finances; 2015; Sabelhaus, J.; Henriques, A.; Bricker, J.
- Venue-Based and Real-Time Sampling Methodologies in an Intercept Survey of Cyclists; 2015; Iachan, R.; Driscoll, H.; Saucier, O.
- Cognitive Testing of Survey Translations: Does Respondent Language Proficiency Matter?; 2015; Schoua-Glusberg, A.; Park, H.; Meyer, M.; Goerman, P. L.; Sha, M.
- Religion in the Soviet Bloc After the Fall of the Iron Curtain; 2015; Tsabutashvili, D.; Esipova, N.
- Culturally-Related Response Styles for Attitude Questions: A Comparative Analysis of Chinese and American...; 2015; Wang, M.
- Innovative Uses of Paradata Across Diverse Contexts ; 2015; Cheung, G.; Pennell, B.-E.
- Identifying and correcting question-wording problems: the case of Wageindicator; 2015; Slavec, A., Vehovar, V., Tijdens, K. G.
- Web Survey Methodology; 2015; Callegaro, M., Lozar Manfreda, K., Vehovar, V.
- Mail survey abroad with an alternative web survey; 2015; de Rada, V. D., Domínguez-Álvarez, J. A.
- Does the use of mobile devices (tablets and smartphones) affect survey quality and choice behaviour...; 2015; Liebe, U., Glenk, K., Oehlmann, M., Meyerhoff, J.
- A Comparison of Four Probability-Based Online and Mixed-Mode Panels in Europe; 2015; Blom, A. G., Bosnjak, M., Cornilleau, A., Cousteaux, A-S., Das, M., Douhou, S., Krieger, U.
- The Effects of the Direction of Rating Scales on Survey Responses in a Telephone Survey; 2015; Keusch, F., Yan, T.
- Web-based survey, calibration, and economic impact assessment of spending in nature based recreation; 2015; Paudel, K. P., Devkota, N., Gyawali, B.
- Predictors of inconsistent responding in web surveys; 2015; Akbulut, Y.
- Patient-Reported Outcomes and Therapeutic Affordances of Social Media: Findings From a Global Online...; 2015; Merolli, M., Gray, K., Martin-Sanchez, F., Lopez-Campos, G.
- The Prostate Cancer Journey Results of an Online Survey of Men and Their Partners; 2015; O'Shaughnessy, P. K., Laws, T. A., Esterman, A.
- Twelve-month prevalence and predictors of self-reported suicidal ideation and suicide attempt among...; 2015; Kang, E. H., Kim, G. M., Hyun, M. K., Choi, S. M., Kim, J. M., Woo, J. M.
- Association between first airborne cedar pollen level peak and pollinosis symptom onset: a web-based...; 2015; Bando, H., Sugiura, H., Ohkusa, Y., Akahane, M., Sano, T., Jojima, N., Okabe, N., Imamura, T.
- A Mixed-Methods Investigation of Factors and Scenarios Influencing College Students’ Decision...; 2015; Koskey, K. L. K.; Cain, B.; Alvim, H. G.; Slager, E. M.
- Selection error in single- and mixed mode surveys of the Dutch general population; 2015; Hox, J., Klausch, L. T., Schouten, B.
- Why do people participate in Web surveys? Applying survey participation theory to Internet survey data...; 2015; Keusch, F.
- Online Administration of a Quantified Self-Questionnaire for Elderly People: A User Satisfaction Survey...; 2015; Beauchet, O., Vilcocq-Merjagnan, C.
- Nannies' Knowledge, Attitude, and Management of Food Allergies of Children: An Online Survey; 2015; Greiwe, J. C., Pazheri, F., Schroer, B.