Web Survey Bibliography
Purpose – This study attempts to investigate reading behavior in the digital environment by analyzing how people's reading behavior has changed over the past ten years.
Design/methodology/approach – Survey and analysis methods are employed.
Findings – With an increasing amount of time spent reading electronic documents, a screen-based reading behavior is emerging. The screen-based reading behavior is characterized by more time spent on browsing and scanning, keyword spotting, one-time reading, non-linear reading, and reading more selectively, while less time is spent on in-depth reading, and concentrated reading. Decreasing sustained attention is also noted. Annotating and highlighting while reading is a common activity in the printed environment. However, this “traditional” pattern has not yet migrated to the digital environment when people read electronic documents.
Originality/value – Implications for the changes in reading behavior are discussed, and directions for future research are suggested.
Web Survey Bibliography (7246)
- Exploring Factors in Contributing Student Progress in the Open University; 2016; Arifin, M. H.
- Nannies' Knowledge, Attitude, and Management of Food Allergies of Children: An Online Survey; 2015; Greiwe, J. C., Pazheri, F., Schroer, B.
- Appropriateness, acceptance and sensory preferences based on visual information: A web-based survey...; 2015; Elzerman, J. E., Hoek, A. C., van Boekel, M. J. A. S., Luning, P. A.
- Does Opinion Leadership Increase the Followers on Twitter; 2015; Hwang, Y.
- Measuring birdwatchers preferences: A case for using online networks and mixed-mode surveys; 2015; Guimaraes, M. H., Nunes, L. C., Madureira, L., Santos, J. L., Boski, T., Dentinho, T.
- Time-dependent variation in the responses to the web-based ISAAC questionnaire; 2014; Yoshida, K., Sasaki, M., Odajima, H., Itazawa, T., Hashimoto, K., Furukawa, M., Adachi, Y.
- A Web-Based Survey To Evaluate The Factors Associated With Treatment Seeking Behavior In Adults With...; 2014; Bhattacharya, R., Dwibedi, N.
- 640 Current trends in management of high-risk prostate cancer in Europe: Results of a web-based survey...; 2014; Briganti, A., Isbarn, H., Ost, P., Ploussard, G., Sooriakumaran, P., Van Den Bergh, R.C.N., Van Oort...
- Perioperative management in order to minimise postoperative delirium and postoperative cognitive dysfunction...; 2014; Jildenstål, P. K., Jakobsson, J. G., Hallen, J. L., Berggren, L., Rawal, N.
- A web-based survey of United Kingdom sedation practice in the intensive care unit; 2014; Yassin, S. M., Yassin, J., Terblanche, M., McKenzie, C. A.
- Data Collection Mode Effects On Political Knowledge; 2014; Liu, M., Wang, Y.
- An Experimental Test of the Effects of Survey Sponsorship on Internet and Mail Survey Response; 2014; Edwards, M. L., Dillman, D. A., Smyth, J. D.
- Assessing the Potential of Paradata and Other Auxiliary Data for Nonresponse Adjustments; 2014; Krueger, B. S., West, B. T.
- QRTEngine: An easy solution for running online reaction time experiments using Qualtrics; 2014; Barnhoorn, J. S., Haasnoot, E., Bocanegra, B. R., van Steenbergen, H.
- Disclosure of sensitive behaviors across self-administered survey modes: a meta-analysis; 2014; Gnambs, T., Kaspar, K.
- Build your own social network laboratory with Social Lab: a tool for research in social media; 2014; Garaizar, P., Reips, U.-D.
- Is Vague Valid? The Comparative Predictive Validity of Vague Quantifiers and Numeric Response Options...; 2014; Al Baghal, T.
- The Effect of Answering in a Preferred Versus a Non-Preferred Survey Mode on Measurement; 2014; Smyth, J. D., Olson, K., Kasabian, A.
- Self-reported cheating in web surveys on political knowledge; 2014; Jensen, C., Thomsen, J. P. F.
- The invisible Interviewer: Old and New Methodological Issues in Online Research; 2014; Niero, M.
- Mobile Response in Web Panels; 2014; de Bruijne, M., Wijnant, A.
- Improving Survey Response Rates in Online Panels Effects of Low-Cost Incentives and Cost-Free Text Appeal...; 2014; Pedersen, M. J., Nielsen, C. V.
- Open-ended questions in Web Surveys-Using visual and adaptive questionnaire design to improve narrative...; 2014; Emde, M.
- Query on Data Collection for Social Surveys; 2014; Blanke, K., Luiten, A.
- ESSnet (DCSS) - Lessons so far; 2014; Blanke, K., Luiten, A.
- ESSnet Project: Data Collection for Social Surveys using Multiple Modes (DCSS) ; 2014; Ruenz, P., Blanke, K.
- A mixed-methods study on perceptions towards use of Rapid Ethical Assessment to improve informed consent...; 2014; Addissie, A., Davey, G., Newport, M. J., Addissie, T., MacGregor, H., Feleke, Y., Farsides, B.
- Questionnaire length and breakoffs in web surveys: a meta study; 2014; Vehovar, V., Cehovin, G.
- The need of and the demand for completing surveys on mobile devices; 2014; Toninelli, D., Revilla, M., Ochoa, C.
- The design for an advanced, multi-country, web-based occupational survey and coding tool for ISCO-08; 2014; Tijdens, T.
- Does switching the way verbal and numeric scale labels are assigned influence responses?; 2014; Struminskaya, B., Schaurer, I., Bosnjak, M.
- Targeting the bias – the impact of mass media attention on sample composition and representativeness...; 2014; Steinmetz, S., Tijdens, K. G., Oez, F., de Pedraza, P.
- Using computational linguistic resources to evaluate and improve survey questions; 2014; Slavec, A., Vehovar, V.
- Investigating respondent multitasking in web surveys: comparison of self-reports and paradata indicators...; 2014; Sendelbah, A., Vehovar, V., Slavec, A.
- The use of text messages in a web-survey. The case of a survey of Italian graduates; 2014; Sala, E., Respi, C., Decataldo, A.
- The ICT monitoring of chronic patients as a longitudinal survey: an innovative approach and a challenge...; 2014; Romano, M. F., Sardella, M. V., Alboni, F.
- Survey participation via mobile devices in a probability-based online-panel: Prevalence, determinants...; 2014; Poggio, T., Bosnjak, M., Weyandt, K.
- Nonresponse problem in surveys of online communities: An experiment; 2014; Petrovcic, A., Lozar Manfreda, K., Petric, G.
- Towards a systematic use of paradata: the case of the Italian ICT survey; 2014; Nuccitelli, A., Nunnari, A., Nurra, A., Fazio, N. R.
- Coverage error in mobile web surveys across European countries; 2014; Fuchs, M., Metzler, A.
- A gamification effect in web surveys among children and adolescents; 2014; Mavletova, A. M.
- A new efficiency oriented approach for Official Business Web surveys; 2014; Macchia, S., Papa, P.
- Web response in mixed mode designs in official statistics; 2014; Luiten, A.
- A comparison of instant versus delayed interactive feedback in grid questions; 2014; Kunz, T., Fuchs, M.
- Applying survey participation theory to Web surveys; 2014; Keusch, F.
- Combining transaction data with survey data in the Consumer Expenditure Diary; 2014; Haraldsen, G., Amdam, S.
- The effect of a Sequential Mixed-Mode Design on panel attrition: Evidence from an experiment of the...; 2014; Gaia, A.
- Matrix versus paging designs in a brand attribution task; 2014; Conrad, F. G., McCullough, W., Nishimura, R.
- Measuring satisfaction with GOV.UK; 2014; Breeze, N., Jarrett, C.
- Web-respondent-driven sampling; 2014; Bianchi, A., Biffignandi, S., Artaz, R.