Web Survey Bibliography
Purpose – This study attempts to investigate reading behavior in the digital environment by analyzing how people's reading behavior has changed over the past ten years.
Design/methodology/approach – Survey and analysis methods are employed.
Findings – With an increasing amount of time spent reading electronic documents, a screen-based reading behavior is emerging. The screen-based reading behavior is characterized by more time spent on browsing and scanning, keyword spotting, one-time reading, non-linear reading, and reading more selectively, while less time is spent on in-depth reading, and concentrated reading. Decreasing sustained attention is also noted. Annotating and highlighting while reading is a common activity in the printed environment. However, this “traditional” pattern has not yet migrated to the digital environment when people read electronic documents.
Originality/value – Implications for the changes in reading behavior are discussed, and directions for future research are suggested.
Web Survey Bibliography (7107)
- What Happens if You Offer a Mobile Option to Your Web Panel? Evidence From a Probability-Based Panel...; 2014; Toepoel, V., Lugtig, P. J.
- Check the Phone Book: Testing Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Recall Aids for Personal...; 2014; Hsieh, Y. P.
- Using Eye Tracking to Evaluate Email Notifications of Surveys and Online Surveys Collecting Address...; 2014; Olmsted, E. L., Nichols, E. M.
- Respondent Processing of Multiple Images throughout a Web Survey; 2014; Charoenruk, N., Stange, M.
- Using Eye Tracking to Examine the Visual Design of Web Surveys; 2014; Zhou, Q., Ricci, K., Olson, K., Smyth, J. D.
- Achieving Balance: Understanding the Relationship between Complexity and Response Quality; 2014; Kirchner, A., Powell, R.
- Question Grouping and Matrices in Web Surveys: Using Response and Auxiliary Data to Examine Question...; 2014; Bilgen, I., Stern, M. J.
- The Grouping of Items in Mobile Web Surveys; 2014; Mavletova, A. M., Couper, M. P.
- Evaluating the Efficacy of Mixed-Mode Intercept Surveys for Complex Questionnaires; 2014; Puniello, O. T.
- Experiments with Email Formatting; 2014; Lawrence, S., Phillips, B. T.
- Sequential or Simultaneous Multi-Mode? Results from Two Large Surveys of Electric Utility Consumers; 2014; Jackson, C., Ledoux, C.
- Correlates of Attrition in the German Internet Panel: Drop-Outs and Sleepers; 2014; Blom, A. G., Beissel-Durrant, G.
- Survey Breakoff in Online Panels; 2014; McCutcheon, A. L.
- Measuring Nonresponse Bias in Web Surveys: The Role of Health Status; 2014; Zhang, M.
- Providing a Deadline for Response: Results from Two Recent Experiments; 2014; Kaiser, A., Walston, J. T., Medway, R., Ye, C., Tourangeau, R.
- Respondents Playing Fast and Loose?: Antecedents and Consequences of Respondent Speed of Completion; 2014; Thomas, R. K., Barlas, F. M.
- An Epidemiologic Internet Survey of Fibromyalgia and Chronic Pain in Japan; 2014; Nakamura, I., Nishioka, K., Usui, C., Osada, K., Ichibayashi, H., Ishida, M., Turk, D. C., Matsumoto...
- Does Self-Selection Affect Samples' Representativeness in Online Surveys? An Investigation in Online...; 2014; Khazaal, Y., van Singer, M., Chatton, A., Achab, S., Zullino, D., Rothen, S., Khan, R., Billieux, J.,...
- Awareness and Treatment of Alcohol Dependence in Japan: Results from Internet-Based Surveys in Persons...; 2014; Taguchi, Y., Takei, Y., Sasai, R., Murteira, S.
- Internet-based survey on current practice for evaluation, prevention, and treatment of scars, hypertrophic...; 2014; Lumenta, D. B., Siepmann, E., Kamolz, L. P.
- Awareness and correlates of the role of physical activity in breast cancer prevention among Japanese...; 2014; Miyawaki, R., Shibata, A., Ishii, K., Oka, K.
- Evaluating the impact of response enhancement methods on the risk of nonresponse bias and survey costs...; 2014; Roberts, C.; Vandenplas, C.; Stähli, M.E.
- Barriers and facilitators for participation in a preventive pelvic floor muscle training program from...; 2014; Albers-Heitner, P., Moossdorff-Steinhauser, H., Weemhoff, M., Nieman, F., Berghmans, B.
- Leading Edge Insights: Foundations of Quality 2.0; 2014; Fuguitt, G.
- Current Practices in Management of Hepatocellular Carcinoma in India: Results of an Online Survey; 2014; Kumar, A.
- Factors associated with the need for information about medicines among pregnant women – a multinational...; 2014; Haemeen-Anttila, K., Kokki, E., Lupatelli, A., Nordeng, H., Jyrkkae, J., Vainio, K., Enlund, H.
- Inside the Turk Understanding Mechanical Turk as a Participant Pool; 2014; Paolacci, G., Chandler, J.
- Differences in intrapersonal and interactional empowerment between lurkers and posters in health-related...; 2014; Petrovcic, A., Petric, G.
- On the Relative Advantage of Mixed-Mode versus Single-Mode Surveys; 2014; Vannieuwenhuyze, J. T. A.
- The 2013 Market Research Technology Survey; 2014; Macer, T.; Wilson, S.
- Test-retest reliability of the International Study of Asthma and Allergies in Childhood questionnaire...; 2014; Yoshida, K., Adachi, Y., Sasaki, M., et al.
- Risk factors of work disability in patients with inflammatory bowel disease — A Dutch nationwide...; 2014; van der Valk, M. E., Mangen, M.-J. J., Leenders, M., et al.
- Characterizing the practice of oocyte donation: a web-based international survey; 2014; Weissman, A., Leong, M., Sauer, M. V., Shoham, Z.
- Web-based Emergency Department Patient Satisfaction Surveys May Introduce Potential for Bias; 2014; Broadwater-Hollifield, C., Fair, J., Podolsky, S., et al.
- Process Planning for CNC Machining of Swedish Subcontractors – A Web Survey; 2014; Anderberg, S., Beno, T., Pejryd, L.
- Perceptions on developing clinical practice guidelines for traditional medicine in Korea: Results of...; 2014; Choi, J., Choi, T.-Y., A.; A., Yun, K.-J., A., Lim, H.-J., Lee, J. A., Lee, M. S.
- Recognition of and interventions for Mibyeong (subhealth) in South Korea: a national web-based survey...; 2014; Lee, J., Lee, Y., Dong, S. O., Kim, S.-H., Lee, S.
- Are primary care physicians prepared to assist patients for smoking cessation? Results of a national...; 2014; Nobile, C. G. A., Bianco, A., Biafore, A. D., Manuti, B., Pileggi, C., Pavia, M.
- Recruiting an Internet Panel Using Respondent-Driven Sampling; 2014; Schonlau, M., Weidmer, B., Kapteyn, A.
- Systematic Review of the Use of Online Questionnaires of Older Adults; 2014; Remillard, M. L., Mazor, K. M., Cutrona, S. L., Gurwitz, J. H., Tjia, J.
- Validating respondents' identity in online samples; 2014; Baker, R., Miller, C., Kachhi-Jiwani, D., Lange, K., Wilding-Brown, L., Tucker, J.
- Online panel software; 2014; Macer, T.
- The relationship between nonresponse strategies and measurement error; 2014; Malhotra, N., Miller, J. M., Wedeking, J.
- Nonresponse and measurement error in an online panel; 2014; Roberts, C., Allum, N., Sturgis, P.
- Estimating the effects of nonresponses in online panels through imputation; 2014; Zhang, W.
- An empirical test of the impact of smartphones on panel-based online data collection; 2014; Drewes, F.
- Internet and mobile ratings panels; 2014; Napoli, P. M.; Lavrakas, P. J.; Callegaro, M.
- Professional respondents in nonprobability online panels; 2014; Hillygus, D. S., Jackson, N. M., Young, M.
- The impact of speeding on data quality in nonprobability and freshly recruited probability-based online...; 2014; Greszki, R., Meyer, M., Schoen, H.
- Informing panel members about study results; 2014; Scherpenzeel, A., Toepoel, V.