Web Survey Bibliography
Title Evaluating the Success of Telecommuting at the Census Bureau
Access date 11.06.2004
Abstract Many administrative programs have been launched at the Census Bureau with little prior testing and evaluation. In an effort to create programs that are mutually desirable for both employees and the agency, the Census Bureau has started to thoroughly evaluate such programs before full implementation. The first program to undergo a large-scale, comprehensive evaluation was a telecommuting pilot that involved employees working in three areas at Census. The purpose of the evaluation was to measure the effect of telecommuting on key factors such as performance, productivity, and job satisfaction. In an attempt to attribute any differences in these factors to telecommuting, the evaluation required the collection of repeated measurements before and after the pilot. In this paper, we compare results from the pre- and post-telecommuting periods to determine what changes occurred as a result of the telecommuting pilot. Furthermore, we use logistic regression to measure associations between participation in the telecommuting pilot and work performance.
Access/Direct link Homepage - conference (abstract)
Bibliographic typeConference proceedings
Year of publication2002
Web Survey Bibliography - Conference proceedings (248)
- Beyond Demographics: Are ‘Webographic’ Questions Useful for Reducing the Selection Bias...; 2007; Schonlau, M., van Soest, A., Kapteyn, A.
- A New Application of Adaptive Web Sampling Designs; 2007; Xu, H., K., Rosenberger, J. L.Thompson, R. L.Thompson, S. K.
- Web Panels: The Future of Survey Research?; 2007; Krotki, K.
- Improving the Quality of Open-End Questions in Mail, Web, and Telephone Surveys; 2007; Dillman, D. A., Smyth, J. D.
- Effects of Answer Space Size on Responses to Open-ended questions in mail surveys; 2007; Israel, G. D.
- Maximising respondent engagement: The use of rich media; 2007; Reid, J., Morden, M., Reid, A.
- Truth in measurement: Comparing Web Based interviewing Techniques; 2007; Couper, M. P., Terhanian, G., Bremer, J., Thomas, R. K.
- The power of the visible: Visual design for Web surveys; 2006; Couper, M. P.
- Attitudinal differences. Comparing people who belong to multiple versus single panels; 2006; Casdas, D., Fine, B., Menictas, C.
- Blaise – Alive and kicking for 20 years; 2006; Bethlehem, J., Hofman, L.
- What Difference Do Guidelines Make? An Observational Study of Online-questionnaire Design Guidelines...; 2006; Lumsden, J., Flinn, S., Anderson, M., Morgan, W.
- Techniques for Assessing Safety Symbol Comprehension: Web-Based Vs. In-Person Questionnaire Administration...; 2006; Wisniewski, E. C., Isaacson, J. J., Hall, S. M
- A Comparison of in-Class and Online Student Evaluations; 2006; Swanson, D.
- Weighting an Internet Panel Survey on Drug Use and Abuse; 2006; Gordek, H., Williams, R. L., Dai, L.
- Results from the International Survey of ASA Members; 2006; Luo, A., Sangster, R.
- Efficient Multimode Data Collection; 2006; Dolson, D.
- Supplementing RDD Surveys with Web-Based Survey Data; 2006; Krotki, K.
- An Application of E-mail Suvey Using a Word Form; 2006; Graeml, A. R., Csillag, J. M.
- The shift to on-line research. Managing and taking advantage of it.; 2006; Alexander, J., Fine, J., Davies, S.
- The professional respondent problem in online panel surveys today; 2005; Fulgoni, G.
- Satisficing behavior in online panelists; 2005; Downes-Le Guin, T.
- Panel proliferation and quality concerns; 2005; Faasse, J.
- Comparing the results of probability and non-probability sample surveys; 2005; Krosnick, J. A.
- Implementing web-surveys for software requirements elicitation; 2005; Belani, H., Pripuzic, K., Kobas, K.
- Capturing them in the Web: the use of online surveys and the examination of response patterns for first...; 2005; Bond, D.
- Survey Quality and Mobile Phones; 2005; Kuusela, V., Notkola, V.
- Translucent is the mind of the web user; 2005; Britschgi, M.
- How to make internet surveys representative: A case study of a two-step weighting procedure; 2004; Borsch-Supan, A. et al.
- In the Long Run: lessons from a panel survey respondent incentive experiment; 2004; Jäckle, A., Lynn, P.
- Electronic Versus Paper Surveys: Analysis of Potential Psychometric Biases; 2004; McCoy, S., Marks Jr., P. V., Carr, C. L., Mbarika, V.
- Topsl: A domain-specific language for on-line surveys; 2004; MacHenry, M., Matthews, J.
- An Assessment of Measurement Invariance between Internet-Based and Traditional Paper-and-Pencil Surveys...; 2004; Deutskens, E., de Ruyter, K., Wetzels, M.
- Implementing Web-based Statistical Tools; 2004; West, W.
- Virtual ethnography: A computer-based approach; 2004; Ardet, N., Thome, M.
- Electronic Voting Machines – A comparison applying the principles of computer-human interaction...; 2003; Callegaro, M., Peytcheva, E.
- The Effect of Respondent and Technology Characteristics on the Intention to Participate in Internet-...; 2003; Deutskens, E., de Ruyter, K., Wetzels, M.
- Building a custom client-side research tool for online Web-based experiments; 2003; Westin, S.
- Web-STAR: A survey tool for analyzing user requirements for web sites; 2003; Lazar, J., Jones, A., Greenidge, K.
- First installation of a virtual CATI phone room with full telephony integration; 2003; Tanguay, L.
- A Methodology for the Administration of a Web-Based Questionnarie; 2003; Antunes, M. J., Castro, E., Mealha, O.
- Survey Automation: Report and Workshop Proceedings; 2003; Tourangeau, R.
- Design of Follow-up Questions in Web Surveys; 2003; Balter, O., Kjellstrom, O.
- More than a thousand words? Visual cues and visual knowledge; 2002; Prior, M.
- Do argumentation tasks promote conceptual change about volcanoes?; 2002; Hemmerich, J., Wiley, J.
- The Use of Web-Based International Surveys In Information Systems Research; 2002; Lang, M.
- Effective recruitment and retention for online surveys; 2002; Freeman, K.
- An Evaluation of Nonresponse Bias in Internet Surveys Conducted Using the Knowledge Networks Panel; 2002; Seryakova, K., Dennis, J. M., Huggins, V. J.
- Evaluation of Differential Sampling in the Knowledge Networks Panel: What is the Effect on Coverage,...; 2002; Huggins, V. J., Tang, X.
- Does This Question Work? Evaluating Cognitive Interview Results Using Respondent Debriefing Questions...; 2002; Hughes, K. A., DeMaio, T. J.
- New Data Collections Using Touchtone Data Entry; 2002; Jakhu, S., Sauer, M. E.