Web Survey Bibliography
Title Evaluating the Success of Telecommuting at the Census Bureau
Access date 11.06.2004
Abstract Many administrative programs have been launched at the Census Bureau with little prior testing and evaluation. In an effort to create programs that are mutually desirable for both employees and the agency, the Census Bureau has started to thoroughly evaluate such programs before full implementation. The first program to undergo a large-scale, comprehensive evaluation was a telecommuting pilot that involved employees working in three areas at Census. The purpose of the evaluation was to measure the effect of telecommuting on key factors such as performance, productivity, and job satisfaction. In an attempt to attribute any differences in these factors to telecommuting, the evaluation required the collection of repeated measurements before and after the pilot. In this paper, we compare results from the pre- and post-telecommuting periods to determine what changes occurred as a result of the telecommuting pilot. Furthermore, we use logistic regression to measure associations between participation in the telecommuting pilot and work performance.
Access/Direct link Homepage - conference (abstract)
Year of publication2002
Bibliographic typeConference proceedings
Web Survey Bibliography - 2002 (418)
- Superior Software, Incomplete Instructions; 2002; Hollman, L.
- SurveyConnect Releases Survey Select Expert 4.5; 2002; Anonymous
- Collecting Ego-Centered Network Data via the Web; 2002; Batagelj, Z., Hlebec, V., Lozar Manfreda, K., Vehovar, V.
- Network ethnography and the hypermedia organization: new media, new organizations, new methods; 2002; Howard, P. N.
- Communication research about the internet: a thematic meta-analysis; 2002; Kim, S. T., Weaver, D. H.
- Issues in protection of human subjects in Internet research; 2002; Im, E. O., Chee, W.
- Introduction: Psychology and the Internet; 2002; Taylor, J.
- Use of the Internet by Patients with Chronic Illness; 2002; Millard, R., Fintak, P.
- Online research gets fewer Euro cheers; 2002; Jamieson, D
- An Evaluation of Nonresponse Bias in Internet Surveys Conducted Using the Knowledge Networks Panel; 2002; Seryakova, K., Dennis, J. M., Huggins, V. J.
- Evaluation of Differential Sampling in the Knowledge Networks Panel: What is the Effect on Coverage,...; 2002; Huggins, V. J., Tang, X.
- Does This Question Work? Evaluating Cognitive Interview Results Using Respondent Debriefing Questions...; 2002; Hughes, K. A., DeMaio, T. J.
- New Data Collections Using Touchtone Data Entry; 2002; Jakhu, S., Sauer, M. E.
- Use Of Web-Based Data Collection To Supplement And Improve Mail Survey Response Rates; 2002; Keesling, R.
- Assessment of Mode-Effects in a Web-enabled Study of Civic Attitudes; 2002; Laird, G., Wiebe, E. F., Thalji, L., Pulliam, P.
- Mode Effect In Web Surveys; 2002; Lozar Manfreda, K., Vehovar, V.
- Participation In Telephone Pre-Recruited Web Surveys; 2002; Lozar Manfreda, K., Biffignandi, S., Pratesi, M., Vehovar, V.
- A Usability Evaluation of Key Parts of Census.Gov; 2002; Olmsted, E. L., Marquis, K.
- Using Internet-Based Surveys To Measure Customer Satisfaction; 2002; Salvucci, S., Parker, A., Wenck, S., Peng, S., Goldstein, A.
- An Experiment Comparing Computer-Assisted and Paper Modes of Data Collection for the Short Form in Census...; 2002; Schneider, S. J., Cantor, D., Malakhoff, L., Arieira, C., Segel, P., Nguyen, L., Guarino, J. A.
- Automation Strategies for the Covered Employment and Wages (CEW) Program; 2002; Searson, M.
- Man vs. Machine - A Study of the Ability of Statistical Methodologies to Discern Human Generated ssh...; 2002; Solka, J. L., Marchette, D., Adams, M. L.
- Recent Developments For Interactive Statistical Graphics On The Web Using “nViZn”; 2002; Symanzik, J., Gunter, L.
- Enhancing Consulting With A Website: Making Resources Available To Clients; 2002; Williams, C. J.
- Online research requires verification of information; 2002; Goldsborough, R.
- Using the Internet for surveys and health research; 2002; Eysenbach, G., Wyatt, J. C.
- Post-adoption attitudes to advertising on the Internet; 2002; Rodgers, S., Chen, Q.
- The Dissemination of Data Among the Agencies and the Statistical Offices and Data Access for Research...; 2002; Biggeri, L.
- Government Perspective on Data Stewardship for Statistical Data; 2002; Brackstone, G., White, P.
- Data Confidentiality and Access Issues Among Federal Agencies; 2002; Bournazian, J., Eden, D., Greenberg, B., Cohen, S. H.
- Assessing Respondents’ Need for Clarification in Web Surveys Using Age-Based User Modeling; 2002; Coiner, T. F., Coiner, T., Ehlen, P., Schober, M. F., Conrad, F. G.
- The Political Economy of Privacy Among Special Populations: The Power Factor; 2002; Crowley, M.
- Computer Assisted Pretesting of Telephone Interview Questionnaires (CAPTIQ); 2002; Deutschmann, M., Faulbaum, F., Kleudgen, M.
- Confidentiality, Disclosure, and Data Access: Summary of a Conference; 2002; Doyle, P.
- Ethics and Efficacy in Releasing Official Statistics to the Public and Data Users; 2002; Gordon, N. M.
- Evaluating the Success of Telecommuting at the Census Bureau; 2002; Guarino, J. A., Bouffard, J. A.
- The Penn State Model for the Intro Stat Course: A Description and an Assessment; 2002; Harkness, W. L., Buchanan, P., Heckard, R.
- Incentive Survey Finds Uncertainties; 2002; Anonymous
- Use of the internet to study the utility values of the public; 2002; Lenert, L. A., Sturley, A. E.
- The effects of delivery mode upon survey response rate and perceived attitudes of Texas agri-science...; 2002; Fraze, S., Hardin, K., Brashears, T., Smith, J. H., Lockaby, J.
- Internet-Based Psychological Experimenting: Five Dos and Five Don'ts; 2002; Reips, U. -D.
- Depression in Internet and Face-to-Face Cancer Support Groups: A Pilot Study; 2002; Klemm, P., Hardie, T.
- Virtually participating: A survey of online party members; 2002; Ward, S., Lusoli, W., Gibson, R.
- Elections and Public Polling: Will the Media Get Online Polling Right?; 2002; Johnson, D. W.
- Design Net surveys that reduce exits; 2002; Maginnis, C.
- Key Bank Polls Its People On-Line; 2002; Sraeel, H.
- Great figure--but can you trust it?; 2002; Gaber, I.
- Online surveys in marketing research: pros and cons; 2002; Ilieva, J., Baron, S., Healey, N. M.
- Older Adults Living Through and With Their Computers; 2002; Clark, D. J.
- Seeking legitimacy in online surveys; 2002; Jesdanun, A.