Web Survey Bibliography
Title Calculating outcome rates for mobile phone surveys. A proposal of a modified AAPOR standard and its application to three case studies
Source RC33 6th International Conference on Social Science Methodology: Recent Developments and Applications in Social Research Methodology, 2004
Access date 29.06.2004
Abstract A survey on mobile phones poses new challenges to the survey researcher including the calculation of response rates. New call disposition codes are possible and some dispositions of RDD landline telephone surveys are no longer applicable to mobile phones, or have a different meaning. The present paper analyzes the AAPOR standard definitions and proposes mobile phone final dispositions of case codes. An application of the new case codes is done using the data from three mobile phone surveys. The first one was carried by Statistics Finland, in a nation with one of the highest mobile phone penetration rates and rate of mobile phone only households. The second one was carried out in Slovenia, a nation that mirrors penetration rates and mobile phone only household percentages of many European nations, such as England. The last study was conducted by the Survey Research Center at Georgia State University in the U.S.
Bibliographic typeJournal article
Year of publication2004
Web Survey Bibliography - Finland (25)
- The comparability of Don't Know answers between CATI and CAWI modes; 2013; Pohjanpaa, K., Jarvensivu, M.
- A mixed-mode survey tackling against an increasing rate of nonresponse; 2013; Jokinen, M.
- Mode Effects in Mixed-Mode Surveys: Prevention, Diagnostics, and Adjustment 1; 2013; de Leeuw, E. D., Dillman, D. A., Schouten, B.
- Choosing a Data Collection Approach: Mixed Mode Design Experiences in Statistics Finland; 2012; Taskinen, P., Kiianmaa, N.
- The Usage of a Cloud Service as an Effective Way of Sharing Cognitive and Usability Test Information; 2012; Rouhunkoski, J., Godenhjelm, P.
- Automatic Forwarding on Web Surveys – Some Outlines and Remarks; 2012; Selkaelae, A.
- Measuring risk online--feasibility of using FINDRISC in an online workplace survey; 2012; Gyberg, V., Hasson, D., Tuomilehto, J., Rydén, L.
- Open-ended questions in the context of temporary work research; 2011; Siponen, K.
- Testing a single mode vs a mixed mode design; 2011; Laaksonen, S.
- A mixed mode pilot on consumer barometer; 2011; Taskinen, P., Simpanen, M.
- Features of the Z-scoring method in graphical two-dimensional web surveys: the case of ZEF; 2011; Selkälä, A., Ronkainen, S., Alasaarela, E.
- Methodological and Ethical Dilemmas of Archiving Qualitative Data; 2010; Kuula, A.
- Asking Factual Knowledge Questions: Reliability in Web-Based, Passive Sampling Surveys ; 2009; Elo, K.
- Collecting Customer Satisfaction Data With Web Surveys; 2009; Vuorensola, L.
- Reducing Nonresponse by SMS Reminders in Mail Surveys; 2007; Virtanen, V., Sirkiä, T., Jokiranta, V.
- Fitting disposition codes to mobile phone surveys: experiences from studies in Finland, Slovenia and...; 2007; Callegaro, M., Buskirk, T. D., Vehovar, V., Kuusela, V., Piekarski, L., Steeh, C. G.
- Mobile Phones - Influence on Telephone Surveys; 2006; Kuusela, V., Vehovar, V., Callegaro, M.
- Trust, Identity, and the Effects of Voting Technologies on Voting Behavior; 2005; Oostveen, A. M., Besselaar, P.
- Web surveying academics in seven European countries: challenges encountered; 2005; Smeenk, S., van Selm, M., Eisinga, R.
- Survey Quality and Mobile Phones; 2005; Kuusela, V., Notkola, V.
- Egg Consumption Patterns and Salmonella Risk in Finland; 2004; Lievonen, S., Havulinna, A. S., Maijala, R.
- Mobile Phones as a Survey Tool; 2004; Vehovar, V., Callegaro, M., Kuusela, V.
- Calculating outcome rates for mobile phone surveys. A proposal of a modified AAPOR standard and its...; 2004; Callegaro, M., Buskirk, T. D., Piekarski, L., Kuusela, V., Vehovar, V., Steeh, C. G.
- E-voting: participation, turn out, and digital divide; 2004; Oostveen, A.-M., Besselaar, P.
- Effects of Mobile Phones on Telephone Survey Practice and Results; 2002; Kuusela, V., Simpanen, M.