Web Survey Bibliography
Title Calculating outcome rates for mobile phone surveys. A proposal of a modified AAPOR standard and its application to three case studies
Source RC33 6th International Conference on Social Science Methodology: Recent Developments and Applications in Social Research Methodology, 2004
Access date 29.06.2004
Abstract A survey on mobile phones poses new challenges to the survey researcher including the calculation of response rates. New call disposition codes are possible and some dispositions of RDD landline telephone surveys are no longer applicable to mobile phones, or have a different meaning. The present paper analyzes the AAPOR standard definitions and proposes mobile phone final dispositions of case codes. An application of the new case codes is done using the data from three mobile phone surveys. The first one was carried by Statistics Finland, in a nation with one of the highest mobile phone penetration rates and rate of mobile phone only households. The second one was carried out in Slovenia, a nation that mirrors penetration rates and mobile phone only household percentages of many European nations, such as England. The last study was conducted by the Survey Research Center at Georgia State University in the U.S.
Year of publication2004
Bibliographic typeJournal article
Web Survey Bibliography - Steeh, C. G. (13)
- Evaluation of Sample Designs for Telephone Surveys That Include Cell Phones; 2008; Steeh, C. G.
- Accommodating New Technologies: Mobile and VoIP Communication; 2008; Piekarski, L., Steeh, C. G.
- Using Text Messages in U.S. Mobile Phone Surveys ; 2007; Steeh, C. G., Buskirk, T. D., Callegaro, M.
- Fitting disposition codes to mobile phone surveys: experiences from studies in Finland, Slovenia and...; 2007; Callegaro, M., G., Buskirk, T. D., Vehovar, V., Kuusela, V., Piekarski, L. G.Steeh, C. G.
- Estimating the Working Number Rate for a Cellular Telephone Survey; 2005; Steeh, C. G., Hu, Z.
- Quality Assessed: Cellular Phone Surveys versus Traditional Telephone Surveys; 2005; Steeh, C. G.
- Is It the Young and the Restless Who Only Use Cellular Phones?; 2004; Steeh, C. G.
- A New Era for Telephone Surveys; 2004; Steeh, C. G.
- Text 2 U: Contacting wireless subscribers using text messaging and wireless web for mobile phone surveys...; 2004; Buskirk, T. D., Callegaro, M., Steeh, C. G.
- Calculating outcome rates for mobile phone surveys. A proposal of a modified AAPOR standard and its...; 2004; Callegaro, M., Buskirk, T. D., Piekarski, L., Kuusela, V., Vehovar, V., Steeh, C. G.
- DO NOT CALL: Alternatives for Contacting Wireless Subscribers for Mobile Phone Surveys; 2004; Buskirk, T. D., Callegaro, M., Steeh, C. G..
- R U There? Using Text Messaging as a method of contact in Wireless; 2004; Buskirk, T. D., Steeh, C. G.
- Surveys Using Cellular Telephones: A Feasibility Study; 2003; Steeh, C. G.