Web Survey Bibliography
Title Identifying user-based criteria for Web pages
Source Internet Research, 7, 4, pp. 252-262
Database OCLC ECO
Access date 29.06.2004
Abstract Reports on Phase I of a two-part project to identify and implement user-based design criteria in World Wide Web pages. The purpose of the identification phase (Phase I) is to identify the criteria that influence a particular user community's use of the Web and to analyze these within the context of the users' overall information-gathering behavior. Data were gathered through a questionnaire and electronic focus group session with nine faculty from four business schools. Participants identified 49 Web page features which clustered into eight broad categories of criteria having a significant positive or negative impact on their use of WWW pages. They also identified types of information normally used in work activities; methods of finding this information within the current information service environment; likely changes in behavior if the information became available via the Web, including willingness to pay.
Access/Direct link OCLC ECO (full text)
Year of publication1997
Bibliographic typeJournal article
Web Survey Bibliography - Internet Research (18)
- Examining the effects of website-induced flow in professional sporting team websites; 2010; O'Cass, A., Carlson, J.
- Web acceptance and usage model: A comparison between goal-directed and experiential web users; 2005; Sánchez-Franco, M. J., Roldán, J. L.
- The value of online surveys; 2005; Evans, J. R., Mathur, A.
- Internet research: privacy, ethics and alienation: an open source approach; 2004; Berry, D. M.
- A framework and methodology for evaluating e-commerce Web sites; 2003; van der Merwe, R., Bekker, J.
- Web site design benchmarking within industry groups; 2003; Kim, S. -E., Shaw, T., Schneider, H.
- Extending the capabilities of Internet-based research: lessons from the field; 2003; Tingling, P., Parent, M., Wade, M.
- Waiting online: a review and research agenda; 2003; Ryan, G., Valverde, M.
- Methodologies for crawler based Web surveys; 2002; Thelwall, M.
- Demographic and motivation variables associated with Internet usage activities; 2001; Teo, T. S. H.
- Online business education in the twenty-first century: an analysis of potential target markets; 2001; Evans, J. R., Haase, I. M.
- Quantifying and Correcting Unit Nonresponse-Errors in Online-Surveys; 2001; Lukawetz, G.
- Searching the Web: a survey of EXCITE users; 1999; Spink, A., Bateman, J., Jansen, B. J.
- Security implications of electronic commerce: a survey of consumers and businesses; 1999; Furnell, S. M., Karweni, T.
- Evaluating domestic and international Web-site strategies; 1999; Simeon, R.
- The effectiveness of commercial Internet Web sites: a user's perspective; 1998; Bell, H., Tang, N. K. H
- Identifying user-based criteria for Web pages; 1997; Abels, E. G., D., Hahn, K.White, M. D.
- The Ethics of Research in Cyberspace; 1994; Kennedy, K.