Web Survey Bibliography
Title Matching Data and Methodologies with Decision Making Objectives
Author Gupta, S.
Access date 13.07.2004
Presentation pdf (163k)
Abstract Focusing on the need to find a match between data, methodologies, and decision making objectives, this presentation will examine two major issues:
How useful are the results from online surveys? I will argue that online surveys are not universally good or bad. Rather their usefulness increases/decreases depending on whether the decision making focus is on estimating population size, segment distribution, or segment behavior.
What is the best method of collecting detailed information about the types of users frequenting a Web site? Here the focus will be on understanding the decision making advantages/disadvantages of site based measures (such as an independent, third party's analysis of the log files of a site) and user based measurement (such as the HERMES Hotweb panel).
Access/Direct link Homepage - conference (abstract, presentation)
Bibliographic typeConferences, workshops, tutorials, presentations
Year of publication1996
Web Survey Bibliography - 1996 (78)
- Introduction: A Debate about the Ethics of Fair Practices for Collecting Social Science Data in Cyberspace...; 1996; Thomas, J.
- Early Survey Research on the Internet: Review, Illustration and Evaluation; 1996; Strauss, J.
- Web surveys: helpful techniques for Web-based data collection and analysis; 1996; Udell, J.
- Net? Not yet; 1996; Gjestland, L.
- Conjoint Analysis of Public Preferences for Farmland Protection: An Interactive World Wide Web Survey...; 1996; Mackenzie, J. E., Mackenzie, E. O.
- Internet tools; 1996; Anonymous
- Trio debuts Web-site analysis tools; 1996; Davis, B.
- Web site managers debut; 1996; Moeller, M.
- Net.Analysis Desktop shines in ease of use; 1996; Tabibian, O. R.
- Low-end tool for Web sites; 1996; Davis, B.
- Net.Genesis brings Web analysis to the desktop; 1996; Kerstetter, J.
- There's a new traffic cop on the beat; 1996; Wagner, M.
- Net.Analysis notes Web use in real time; 1996; Moeller, M.
- Net.Genesis Internet tool tracks usage; 1996; Rodriguez, K.
- Matching Data and Methodologies with Decision Making Objectives; 1996; Gupta, S.
- The Nielsen/Commerce Net Survey: Methodology and Results; 1996; Harkness, D., Lindstroom, P., Dubois, T.
- Trends in Interviewing; 1996; Jeavons, A.
- Surveying the Territory. GVU’s Five WWW User Surveys; 1996; Kehoe, C. M., Pitkow, J. E.
- Internet Political Research and Analysis: A Tour of the COMLINK Survey System; 1996; Mallery, J. C.
- Experimenting in the World Wide Web; 1996; Reips, U. -D.
- Technological Innovations in Data Collection: Acceptance, Data Quality and Costs; 1996; de Leeuw, E. D., Nicholls II, W. L.
- Considering the electronic participant: Some polemical observations on the ethics of on-line research...; 1996; Waskul, D., Douglass, M.
- PHS: Revolutionizing personal communication in Japan; 1996; Ishii, K.
- Proper methodologies for psychological and sociological studies conducted via the Internet; 1996; Hewson, C. M., Laurent, D., Vogel, C. M.
- The Computer as Interviewer: A/V CASI (Audio/Video Computer Assisted Self Interviewing); 1996; Arpin, D. C.
- Tracking the Progress of E-mail Versus Snail-Mail; 1996; Bachmann, D. P., Elfrink, J., Vazzana, G.
- Chronic prostatitis: Results of an Internet survey; 1996; Alexander, R. B., Trissel, D.
- Interactive Research: Time to Reinvent the Wheel; 1996; Anderson, D. H., Spitzer, R. A.