Web Survey Bibliography
Title Results from the First World-Wide Web User Survey
Source Journal of Computer Networks and ISDN Systems, 27, 2, pp. 243-254
Access date 14.07.2004
Abstract The explosion of World-Wide Web (WWW) across the Internet is staggering, both in terms of number of users and the amount of activity. However, to date, no reliable characterization exists of WWW users. In this paper, we report results from a survey that was posted on the Web for a month, in January of 1994. There were several goals motivating our survey. First, we wished to demonstrate a proof of concept for WWW technologies as a useful survey medium. Second, we wanted to beta-test the design and content of surveys dealing with the Web. Third, as mentioned, we hoped to begin to describe the range of Web users. In one month, we had over 4,700 respondents to our survey. Their responses helped us to begin to characterize WWW users, their reasons for using the WWW, and their opinions of WWW tools and technologies.
Access/Direct link ScienceDirect (abstract)
Bibliographic typeJournal article
Year of publication1994
Web Survey Bibliography - Technology (1042)
- Instrument Design for a Blaise Multimode Web, CATI, and Paper Survey; 2004; Pierzchala, M., Wright, D., Wilson, C., Guerino, P.
- Topsl: A domain-specific language for on-line surveys; 2004; MacHenry, M., Matthews, J.
- Design and Application of On-line Questionnaries: Experiences from Micronesia; 2004; O'Neill, J. G., Spennemann, D. H. R.
- Exploring the capabilities of Blaise IS; 2004; O'Reilly, J. M.
- Web Based Surveys: An Overview; 2004; Graf, I.
- The impact of Web-based instruction on transactional distance; 2004; Ramanau, R.
- Choosing survey software: How to decide and what to consider (WebSM Guide No. 1); 2004; Kaczmirek, L.
- Blogging thoughts: personal publication as an online research tool; 2004; Mortensten, T., Walker, J.
- CAPI Versus Audio-CASI: Understanding the Role of Privacy; 2004; Couper, M. P., Singer, E., Tourangeau, R.
- The web survey network of sudden infant death syndrome and apparent life-threatening events in the Emilia...; 2004; Parmigiani, S., Bevilacqua, G., Leali, L., Pisani, F.
- The Effect of Billboards within the Gaming Environment; 2004; Chaney, I. M., Lin, K. -H., Chaney, J.
- Development of web-based qualitative and quantitative data collection systems: Study on daily symptoms...; 2004; Kanzaki, H., Makimoto, K., Takemura, T., Ashida, N.
- The design and analysis of anonymous Internet marketing survey protocol; 2004; Qi, M., Ma, Q. M., Liu, Y. F.
- Thoughts on the Future of Survey Research; 2004; Bradburn, N. M.
- Flow on the net: detecting Web users' positive affects and their flow states; 2004; Chen, H.
- Implementing multilingual touch-screen audio-CASI applications; 2004; Cooley, P. C., Ganapathi, L., Li, S.
- Scientific LogAnalyzer: A Web-based tool for analyses of server log files in psychological research; 2004; Reips, U. -D., Stieger, S.
- An Internet-based survey method for college student drinking research; 2004; Kypri, K., Gallagher, S. J., Cashell-Smith, M. L.
- Internet research: privacy, ethics and alienation: an open source approach; 2004; Berry, D. M.
- Engage through integrated polling - bridging the gap between e-forums and e-surveys; 2004; Salz, S. R.
- The Utility of Conducting Interviews in Multiple Languages on the World Trade Center Health Registry; 2004; Triplett, S., Zelon, H., Dean, L., Murphy, J., Thalji, L.
- You've Been Hacked - Safeguard Your Web Survey; 2004; Peele, E.
- Accessible Web Survey Applications; 2004; Malakhoff, L.
- Sharing Data: Using SDA to Provide On-line Access to Survey Data; 2004; Hembroff, L.
- Census Taker Internet Data Collection; 2004; Mistichelli, J.
- Web-based real-time interviewer statistics and feedback; 2004; White, E.
- Self-selection as a Sampling Method in Web Surveys; 2004; Steffensen, J. B.
- Qualitative Software and Methodological Change - on the gap between the writing, teaching and doing...; 2004; Richards, L.
- How Data Model has benefited application development and methods at ATP; 2004; Lyon, J.
- Designing and building web-based infrastructures for data sharing and collaboration (with examples from...; 2004; Ryssevik, J.
- What’s New: A Round-Up of New Products and Initiatives; 2004; Foster, P.
- WebmeterTM. Internet audience measurement for media planning; 2004; Molenaar, R., Verhulst, E., Appel, M.
- Choosing qualitative software: why does QSR have two packages (N6 and NVivo) and how to choose between...; 2004; Richards, T., Richards, L.
- Implementing Web-based Statistical Tools; 2004; West, W.
- Competitive Advantage with eSTAT; 2004; Ramirez, J. G., Ramirez, B., Nagy, S.
- Inquisite 6 Hits Market; 2004; Anonymous
- WebSurveyor Software Grants; 2004; Anonymous
- Internet-Based Experiments: Prospects and Possibilities for Behavioral Accounting Research; 2004; Bryant, S. M., Hunton, J. E., Stone, D. N.
- Structured Approach to Picking Accounting Software; 2004; Anonymous
- Benefits and Burdens of Web-based Data Collection among College Students; 2004; Mitra, A., Durant, R. H., Wolfson, M., Martin, B., Champion, H., O'Brien, M. C., Omli, M., Williams...
- The Uses of Paradata for Evaluating Alternative Versions of Web Survey Questions; 2004; Dillman, D. A., Smyth, J. D., Christian, L. M., Stern, M. J.
- Onfolio, an outstanding Web research tool; 2004; Gibbs, M.
- Cutting Market Research Costs with On-Site Surveys; 2004; Dysart, J.
- Online consumer surveys as a methodology for assessing the quality of the United States health care...; 2004; Bethell, C., Fiorillo, J., Lansky, D., Hendryx, M., Knickman, J.
- WebSurveyor Releases New Web Interface; 2004; Anonymous
- Online Surveys Made Easy; 2004; McLeod, R. G.
- Web Surveys For the Enterprise; 2004; King, N.
- Classifying and Coding Online Actions.; 2004; Eszter, H.
- Publishing survey reports with XML; 2004; MacKay, I.
- Fully automated quality monitoring; 2004; Lundgren, P., Nergard, A.