Web Survey Bibliography
Title Results from the First World-Wide Web User Survey
Source Journal of Computer Networks and ISDN Systems, 27, 2, pp. 243-254
Access date 14.07.2004
Abstract The explosion of World-Wide Web (WWW) across the Internet is staggering, both in terms of number of users and the amount of activity. However, to date, no reliable characterization exists of WWW users. In this paper, we report results from a survey that was posted on the Web for a month, in January of 1994. There were several goals motivating our survey. First, we wished to demonstrate a proof of concept for WWW technologies as a useful survey medium. Second, we wanted to beta-test the design and content of surveys dealing with the Web. Third, as mentioned, we hoped to begin to describe the range of Web users. In one month, we had over 4,700 respondents to our survey. Their responses helped us to begin to characterize WWW users, their reasons for using the WWW, and their opinions of WWW tools and technologies.
Access/Direct link ScienceDirect (abstract)
Year of publication1994
Bibliographic typeJournal article
Web Survey Bibliography - Technology (939)
- Key Installs Web-based Survey Tool; 2003; Wagner, V.
- WebSurveyor 4.1 gets more out of data; 2003; Rapoza, J.
- Online Surveys for the Small-Staff Association; 2003; Mandel, M.
- Companies save time, money with online surveys; 2003; Bannan, K. J.
- Inquisite gives polls power; 2003; Chen, A.
- Easy Web Survey Profiles Users; 2003; King, N.
- Easy as e-mail; 2003; Johnson, H.
- Inquisite simplifies Web survey creation for nontechnical users; 2003; Petersen, S.
- Hyperlink Analyses of the World Wide Web: A Review; 2003; Park, H. W., Thelwall, M.
- Exploiting Hyperlinks to Study Academic Web Use; 2003; Wilkinson, D., Thelwall, M., Li, X.
- Statistik-Online- A New Approach to Collect Statistical Data by Internet; 2003; Pricking, T.
- Online relevance for competitive intelligence; 2003; Ojala, M.
- Web efforts energize customer research; 2003; Hogg, A.
- From paper to pixels: Moving personnel surveys to the Web; 2003; Thompson, L. F., Surface, E. A., Martin, D. L., Sanders, M. G.
- An empirical study on the adoption of information appliances with a focus on interactive TV; 2003; Choi, H., Choi, M., Kim, J., Yu, H.
- We seek them here, we seek them there. How technical innovation in mixed mode survey software is responding...; 2003; Macer, T.
- The Gold Standard Tarnishes: Is Online Research the Solution?; 2003; Coates, D.
- SuperCollect: A data capture system using an electronic network; 2003; Stol, H. R.
- Successfully Delivering Technology for Online Research; 2003; Bayer, L. R., Milla, P.
- Use of Internet Tools for Survey Research; 2003; Truell, A. D.
- Web-based surveys for corporate information gathering: A bias-reducing design framework; 2003; Burkey, W., Kuechler, W. L.
- IMRO Online Survey Satisfaction Research: A Pilot Study of Salience-based Respondent Experience Modeling...; 2003; MacElroy, B., Gray, M.
- Combining Perceptual and Behavioral Data for Reporting Overall Web Site Performance; 2003; MacElroy, B.
- Validations in Web-based Surveys; 2003; Crawford, S. D., Peytchev, A.
- How web surveys differ from other kinds of user interfaces; 2003; Ehlen, P., Schober, M. F., Conrad, F. G.
- Implementing a Web Survey Administration System at the GAO; 2003; Feldesman, A.G.
- Web Survey Design: Comparing Static and Interactive Survey Instruments; 2003; Nyiri, Z., Clark L.R.
- Predicting the future of consumer panels; 2002; Wansink, B., Sudman, S.
- Online longitudinal survey research. Validity and participation; 2002; Hiskey, S., Troop, N. A.
- New approaches to assessing opinion: The prospects for electronic mail surveys; 2002; Best, S. J., Krueger, B. S.
- More than a thousand words? Visual cues and visual knowledge; 2002; Prior, M.
- A D-minus for computer exams; 2002; Mayfield, K.
- WEXTOR: A Web-based tool for generating and visualizing experimental designs and procedures; 2002; Reips, U. -D., Neuhaus, C.
- WeXtor 2.5: Develop, manage, and visualize experimental designs and procedures; 2002; Reips, U. -D., Blumer, T., Neuhaus, C.
- Conducting Survey Research Through an Enhanced Online Web Survey Procedure ; 2002; Theuri, P. M., Turner, L. D.
- OnQ: An Authoring Tool for Dynamic Online Surveys; 2002; Pargas, R. P., , Brand, L., Hochrine, C., Staton, M.
- World Wide Web-gestützte Befragungen in der empirischen Sozialforschung: Ein Erfahrungsbericht; 2002; Pannewitz, J.
- Web-based data collection: Ethical and practical considerations; 2002; Sedivy, S. K., Brondino, M. J.
- Web Surveys to Digital Movies: Technological Tools of the Trade; 2002; Fetterman, D. M.
- Survey of Doctors' Experience of Patients Using the Internet; 2002; Potts, H. W. W., Wyatt, J. C., Pagerey, P.D.
- Daily reach using SMS. Measuring and reporting reach in real time; 2002; Widman, L., Vogelius, L.
- Libraries and desktop storage options: results of a Web-based survey; 2002; Hendricks, A., Wang, J.
- The local/global decision in Internet research; 2002; Crawford, S. D., Jones, S., Rowen, C.
- Using Opscan Technology in Survey Research; 2002; Malaney, G. D.
- Web-based surveys: changing the survey process; 2002; Gunn, H.
- IAPI (Internet Aided Personal Interview); 2002; Muehlenfeld, H. -U.
- Evaluation of Web Survey Data Collection Systems; 2002; Crawford, S. D.
- Software Review: CAVI from OpinionOne; 2002; Macer, T.
- Statistical Data Validation in Web Instruments:An Empirical Study; 2002; Peytchev, A., Petrova, E.A.