Web Survey Bibliography
Title Results from the Third WWW User Survey
Source World Wide Web Journal, 1, 1
Access date 14.07.2004
Abstract The tremendous success of the World Wide Web has led to an ever-increasing user base. Intuitively, one would expect this base to change over time as more people from different segments of the population become Web users and advocates. What exactly have these changes been? How do the original Web users differ from the new users from major online service providers like Prodigy? What trends exist and what picture do they paint for the future of the Web user population? This paper, drawing on results from three User Surveys spanning over a year and a half, attempts to answer these and other questions about who is using the Web and why. Additionally, a review of the methodology, questionnaires, and new architectural enhancements is presented. Although the surveys lack the scientific rigor of controlled and accepted methods of surveying, we discuss analyses that help us understand the limitations and process of this new type of surveying. Finally, new quantitative analysis techniques are presented based upon post-hoc log file analysis, yielding guidelines for Web-based survey design.
Access/Direct link Homepage - GVU
Bibliographic typeJournal article
Year of publication1995
Web Survey Bibliography - USA (2403)
- Research-based web design & usability guidelines; 2006
- Research quality: The next MR industry challenge; 2006; Dedeker, K.
- Rating scale format choices for multi-item measures: Does numbering and balanced-ness matter?; 2006; Meric, H., Wagner, J.
- Online marketing research; 2006; Miller, J.
- Need for high quality auxiliary data service for improving the quality of editing and imputation...; 2006; Laaksonen, S.
- Microsoft sues testing material vendors; 2006; Johnston, S. J.
- Introduction to the Special Issue on the ITC - Guidelines on Computer-Based and Internet-Delivered Testing...; 2006; Coyne, I., Bartram, D.
- How successful I am depends on what number I get: The effects of numerical scale labels and need for...; 2006; Yan, T.
- Greenfield unveils real-time sampling; 2006
- F-Shaped pattern for reading web content; 2006; Nielsen, J.
- Benefits and challenges of multi-sourcing. Understanding differences between sample sources; 2006; de Gaudemar, O.
- Behavioral self-report measures. International extensions; 2006; Thomas, R. K., Klein, J. D.
- Advanced techniques and technologies in online research; 2006; Allred, C. R.; Smith, J.; Smith, S. M.
- A framework for survey breakoffs; 2006; Peytchev, A.
- Assessing Panel Bias in the Knowledge Networks Panel: Updated Results from 2005 Research ; 2006; Pineau, V., Nukulkij, P., Tang, X.
- The Handbook of Marketing Research. Uses, Misuses, and Future Advances.; 2006; Grover, R., Vriens, M.
- Time in Sample: Searching for Conditioning in a Consumer Panel ; 2006; Arens, Z., Miller-Steiger, D.
- Standard Definitions: Final Dispositions of Case Codes and Outcome Rates for Surveys 2006; 2006
- A Critical Assessment of Online Survey Tools; 2006; Marra, R. M., Bogue, B.
- A dynamic technique for conducting online survey-based research; 2006; Bonometti, R. J., Tang, J.
- Mplus; 2006; Muthen, L. K., Muthen, B. O.
- Techniques for Assessing Safety Symbol Comprehension: Web-Based Vs. In-Person Questionnaire Administration...; 2006; Wisniewski, E. C., Isaacson, J. J., Hall, S. M
- When do you turn to the Web?; 2006; Weidemann II, R., Sinks, C.
- Telephone coverage and health survey estimates: evaluating the need for concern about wireless substitution...; 2006; Blumberg, S. J., Luke, J. V., Cynamon, M. C.
- Design of Web Questionnaires: The Effect of Layout in Rating Scales ; 2006; Toepoel, V., Das, M., van Soest, A.
- Building online multi-cultural opinion communities The next level of panel research?; 2006; Rocha, A., Feler, C.
- Ensuring data integrity for business decisions An in-depth analysis of the components that affect data...; 2006; Day, D., Risk, R., Koo, J., Birgi , M.
- Great results from ambiguous sources Cleaning internet panel data; 2006; Downes-Le Guin, T., Mechling, J., Baker, R. P.
- Panel and data quality: Comparing metrics and assessing claims; 2006; Smith, R., Hofman Brown, H.
- Motivations to join What language do online panellists need to hear to volunteer?; 2006; Moskowitz, H., Gofman, A., Namiranian, L.
- Results from the International Survey of ASA Members; 2006; Luo, A., Sangster, R.
- Collecting data on alcohol use and alcohol-related victimization: a comparison of telephone and Web-...; 2006; Parks, K. A., Pardi, A. M., Bradizza, C. M.
- Internet-Based Data Collection: Promises and Realities; 2006; Benfield, J. A., Szlemko, W. J.
- Conducting Intensive Interviews Using Email; 2006; McCoyd, J. L. M., Schwaber Kerson, T.
- Successful Web Survey Methodologies for Measuring the Impact of Networked Electronic Services (MINES...; 2006; Franklin, B., Plum, T.
- Complementing Random-Digit-Dial Telephone Surveys term with Other Approaches to Collecting Sensitive...; 2006; Galesic, M., Tourangeau, R., Couper, M. P.
- An Evaluation of Nonresponse and Coverage Errors in a Prerecruited Probability Web Panel Survey; 2006; Lee, Sunghee
- Web Survey Design: Paging versus Scrolling; 2006; Peytchev, A., Couper, M. P., McCabe, S. E., Crawford, S. D.
- Traditional and Online Support Networks in the Cross-Cultural Adaptation of Chinese International Students...; 2006; Ye, J.
- The Pass-Along Effect: Investigating Word-of-Mouth Effects on Online Survey Procedures; 2006; Norman, A. T.; de Rouvray, C. A.Russell, C. A.; de Rouvray, C.
- A Comparison of Strategies for Reducing Item Nonresponse in a Web Survey; 2006; Kerwin, J., Wang, A., Campbell, S., Shipp, S.
- Color, Labels, and Interpretive Heuristics for Response Scales; 2006; Tourangeau, R., Couper, M. P., Conrad, F. G.
- Comparing Internet Users and Nonusers’ Behavior toward Market Products; 2006; Diaz-Tena, N., Benford, R.
- Using personal digital assistants (PDAs) for the collection of safety belt use data in the field; 2006; Vivoda, J. M., Eby, D. W.
- Evaluating the Effectiveness of Visual Analog Scales: A Web Experiment; 2006; Couper, M. P., Tourangeau, R., Conrad, F. G., Singer, E.
- Validity of the SDS-17 measure of social desirability in the American context; 2006; Blake, B.F., Valdiserri, J., Neuendorf, K., Nemeth, J.
- Comparing web and mail responses in a mixed mode survey in college alcohol use research; 2006; McCabe, S. E., Diez, A., Boyd, C. J., Nelson, T. F., Weitzman, E. R.
- Effects of Using Visual Design Principles to Group Response Options in Web Surveys; 2006; Smyth, J. D., Dillman, D. A., Christian, L. M., Stern, M. J.
- Race of Interviewer Effects: What Happens on the Web?; 2006; Krysan, M., Couper, M. P.
- Higher Education and Student Affairs Professionals' Survey Preferences: A Research Note; 2006; Flowers, L. A., Massie, R. F.