Web Survey Bibliography
Title Results from the Third WWW User Survey
Source World Wide Web Journal, 1, 1
Access date 14.07.2004
Abstract The tremendous success of the World Wide Web has led to an ever-increasing user base. Intuitively, one would expect this base to change over time as more people from different segments of the population become Web users and advocates. What exactly have these changes been? How do the original Web users differ from the new users from major online service providers like Prodigy? What trends exist and what picture do they paint for the future of the Web user population? This paper, drawing on results from three User Surveys spanning over a year and a half, attempts to answer these and other questions about who is using the Web and why. Additionally, a review of the methodology, questionnaires, and new architectural enhancements is presented. Although the surveys lack the scientific rigor of controlled and accepted methods of surveying, we discuss analyses that help us understand the limitations and process of this new type of surveying. Finally, new quantitative analysis techniques are presented based upon post-hoc log file analysis, yielding guidelines for Web-based survey design.
Access/Direct link Homepage - GVU
Year of publication1995
Bibliographic typeJournal article
Web Survey Bibliography (6359)
- Towards better integration of Internet in Statistics - a challenge for R & D; 2001; Meliskova, J.
- Designing and managing internet panels: lessons from the USA and Europe; 2001; Milsom, P., Manolopoulos, P.
- From Cyber Space to Cybernetic Space: Rethinking the Relationship between Real and Virtual Spaces; 2001; Mitra, A., Schwartz, R. L.
- Statement about Internet Polls; 2001; NCPP Polling Review Board
- The Effect of Motivational Messaging on Mode Choice and Response Rates in the Library Media Center Survey...; 2001; Marquis, K., Hoffman, R., Nichols, E. M.
- Time-diary Measurement on the Internet: An National Experiment; 2001; Nie, N., Robinson, J. P.
- Financial Incentives, Personal Information and Drop-Out in Online Studies; 2001; Frick, A., Bachtiger, M. T., Reips, U. -D.
- Drop-Out Analysis: Effects of Research Design; 2001; Knapp, F., Heidingsfelder, M.
- Conducting Web-Based Surveys; 2001; Solomon, D. J.
- Survey Nonresponse; 2001; Groves, R. M., Dillman, D. A., Eltinge, J. L., A.
- Classifying Response Behaviors in Web-based Surveys; 2001; Bosnjak, M., Tuten, T. L.
- Response Consistency in an Internet-enabled Panel; 2001; Lazaroff, S., Kenyon, K.
- Internet Marketing Research: Theory and Practice; 2001; Lee, O.
- Conducting Customer Satisfaction Surveys Online; 2001; Lehtonen, D.
- Mail, Email and Web Surveys: A Cost and Response Rate Comparison in a Study of Undergraduate Research...; 2001; Lesser, V. M., Newton, L.
- Clarifying Question Meaning In A Web-Based Survey; 2001; Lind, L. H., Schober, M. F., Conrad, F. G.
- Assessing customer satisfaction: How valid are the answers?; 2001; Lopata, R.
- Validity Issues in Web Derived Survey Data; 2001; Liu, K., Rosen, R. J., Stewart, E.
- Web survey errors; 2001; Lozar Manfreda, K.
- Methodological variables in Web-based research that may affect results: Sample type, monetary...; 2001; O'Neil, K. M., Penrod, S. D.
- Experiments On Visual Effects in Web Surveys; 2001; Kenyon, K., Tourangeau, R., Couper, M. P.
- Web Surveys: How Does The Software Work?; 2001; Kottler, R. E.
- Web-Based Surveys for a Nationally Representative Sample; 2001; Huggins, V. J., Krotki, K.
- An Empirical Portrait of the Yale New Media Workshop and MSNBC Internet Decision 2000 Survey; 2001; Lapinski, J.
- eResearch: New dogs, old tricks?; 2001; Hennebry, P., Barlow, S.
- What Can You Achieve Through Online Focus Groups?; 2001; Herbert, M.
- Drop-down, radio button, or fill-in-the-blank? Effects of attribute rating scale type on web survey...; 2001; Hogg, A., Jarrett Masztal, J.
- Emerging Technology And The Implications For Online Market Research; 2001; Hodson, M.
- How to evaluate the efficacy of online advertising; 2001; Hummerston, A.
- Seeking explanation in theory: Reflections on the social practices of organizations that distribute...; 2001; Robbin, A., Koball, H.
- Online Market Research Vs Traditional Methodologies; 2001; Hunter, J. E.
- Improving the capabilities of survey software for data collection; 2001; Jeon, J.
- Improving Electronic Questionnaires at the Census Bureau: Creating a Web Site to Promote User-Centered...; 2001; Kennedy, K., Hammond M. K.
- Screen Design in a Web Survey; 2001; Fuchs, M.
- Length of Input Field and the Responses Provided in a Self-Administrated Survey: A Comparison of a Paper...; 2001; Fuchs, M., Couper, M. P.
- How To Leverage The Online Environment To Acquire Powerful Research Data; 2001; Goglia, C.
- Why web usage statistics are (worse than) meaningless?; 2001; Goldberg, J.
- Transitioning From An Offline To Online World For Collection And Dissemination Of Marketing Research...; 2001; Graham, D.
- Pioneer Days: The promise of online polling; 2001; Greenberg, A., Rivers, D.
- Testing an Internet Response Option for the American Community Survey; 2001; Griffin, D. H., Fischer, D. P., Morgan, M. T.
- A Feasibility Evaluation of a Web-Based Demographic Survey; 2001; Griffin, E. K., Holbert, H.
- Leveraging Web-Based Surveys For Quick, Targeted, And Insightful Customer Feedback; 2001; Hallen, G.
- Measuring Internet Eco-system Using User-centric Data; 2001; Han, J., Park, C.
- E-mail Survey Response Rates: A Review; 2001; Sheehan, K. B.
- Successful online qualitative market research; 2001; Bradford, D. P.
- From telephone to the Web; 2001; Stone, B.
- Best practices for online survey research; 2001; Dimetrosky, S., Khawaja, S., Degens, P.
- The Web Questionnaire Challenge to Survey Methodologists; 2001; Dillman, D. A., Bowker, D.
- Response Rate and Measurement Differences in Mixed Mode Surveys Using Mail, Telephone, Interactive Voice...; 2001; Dillman, D. A., Phelps, G., Tortora, R. D., Swift, K., Kohrell, J., Berck, J.
- Values added from Internet research: research usefulness, methodological innovation and global partnerships...; 2001; Eichman, C., Seggev, E., Mezzasalma, A., Licastro, G.