Web Survey Bibliography
Title Data collected on the Web
Source IFCS 2000 7th Conference of the International Federation of Classification Societies: Data Analysis, Classification, and Related Methods, pp. 347-352
Database ISI Web of Knowledge
Access date 16.07.2004
Abstract Despite its relatively short existence Web-assisted data collection has already been widely applied and, increasingly, data analysts have to work with data collected on the Web. However, we are faced with relatively contradictory views on this data collection mode. In particular, with respect to Web surveys, opinions vary from a belief that the Web will revolutionise the survey industry to the opinion that this does not represent a valid mode of data collection. This paper provides an overview of the methodology of professional Web surveys. Three essential components (self-administration, HTML basis, and automatic transmission) of the Web survey mode are defined and separated from related solicitation and selection procedures. As an illustration, the segmentation/clustering of Internet users with respect to the survey mode (telephone and Web) is presented. In addition, new possibilities for data collection on the Web are discussed, particularly as concerns the data used in network and clustering analysis.
Access/Direct link ISI Web of Knowledge (abstract)
Year of publication2000
Bibliographic typeConference proceedings
Web Survey Bibliography - Conference proceedings (240)
- Recent Developments For Interactive Statistical Graphics On The Web Using “nViZn”; 2002; Symanzik, J., Gunter, L.
- Enhancing Consulting With A Website: Making Resources Available To Clients; 2002; Williams, C. J.
- The Dissemination of Data Among the Agencies and the Statistical Offices and Data Access for Research...; 2002; Biggeri, L.
- Government Perspective on Data Stewardship for Statistical Data; 2002; Brackstone, G., White, P.
- Data Confidentiality and Access Issues Among Federal Agencies; 2002; Bournazian, J., Eden, D., Greenberg, B., Cohen, S. H.
- Assessing Respondents’ Need for Clarification in Web Surveys Using Age-Based User Modeling; 2002; Coiner, T. F., Coiner, T., Ehlen, P., Schober, M. F., Conrad, F. G.
- The Political Economy of Privacy Among Special Populations: The Power Factor; 2002; Crowley, M.
- Computer Assisted Pretesting of Telephone Interview Questionnaires (CAPTIQ); 2002; Deutschmann, M., Faulbaum, F., Kleudgen, M.
- Confidentiality, Disclosure, and Data Access: Summary of a Conference; 2002; Doyle, P.
- Ethics and Efficacy in Releasing Official Statistics to the Public and Data Users; 2002; Gordon, N. M.
- Evaluating the Success of Telecommuting at the Census Bureau; 2002; Guarino, J. A., Bouffard, J. A.
- The Penn State Model for the Intro Stat Course: A Description and an Assessment; 2002; Harkness, W. L., Buchanan, P., Heckard, R.
- Use of the internet to study the utility values of the public; 2002; Lenert, L. A., Sturley, A. E.
- Virtual Selves and Web Surveys; 2002; Lozar Manfreda, K., Couper, M. P., Vohar, M., Rivas, S., Vehovar, V.
- Do Mail and Web Surveys Provide Same Results?; 2002; Lozar Manfreda, K., Vehovar, V.
- The market for electronic newspapers in the Arab world; 2002; AlShehri, F., Gunter, B.
- The Use of Web-Based Surveys for Academic Research in the Field of Engineering; 2002; Roztocki, N., Morgan, S. D.
- Can Adopters Narrow the Digital Divide? The Case of Greece; 2002; Leandros, N.
- Building an alternative response process model for business surveys; 2001; Willimack, D. K., Nichols, E. M.
- Probability-Based Survey Research on the Internet; 2001; Krotki, K., Dennis, J. M.
- Internet Surveys - Potentials for Use in Scientific Research; 2001; Galesic, M.
- Reliability And Comparability Of Choice-Based Measures: Online and Paper-and-Pencil Methods of Administration...; 2001; Miller, T. W., Rake, D., Sumimoto, T., Hollman, P. S.
- Weighting for nontelephone households in RDD surveys; 2001; Ferraro, D., Brick, J. M.
- A Comparison Of Electronic Surveying By E-Mail And Web; 2001; Brawner, C. E., Felder, R. M., Allen, R. H., Brent, R., Miller, T. K.
- Measuring Internet Eco-system Using User-centric Data; 2001; Han, J., Park, C.
- Seizing opportunities to inform the information society: creating value from statistics through exploiting...; 2001; Cook, L.
- Experiences of Qualitative Research on the Internet; 2001; Cornish, C.
- The Recruitment of Online Samples by CATI-Screening: Problems of Non-response; 2001; Deutschmann, M., Faulbaum, F.
- Using Agent Technology to Disseminate Statistics via the Web; 2001; Brannen, K., Lamb, J.
- Designing Lengthy Internet Questionnaires: Suggestions and Solutions; 2001; Wojtowicz, T.
- Web surveys: The questionnaire design challenge; 2001; Couper, M. P.
- The Promises and Perils of Web Surveys; 2001; Couper, M. P.
- An Open Data Model for the MR Industry: The Challenge and the Promise; 2001; Andrews, P.
- Consumer privacy and online marketing: Bringing the human back into the picture; 2001; Brooks, L., Airey, A.
- Probability Based Internet Surveys: A Synopsis of Early Methods and Survey Research Results; 2001; Huggins, V. J.
- Recent Developments in Electronic Data Collection at the U.S. Census Bureau; 2001; Sedivi Gaul, B.
- Use of a Website Questionnaire as One Method of Participation in a Physician Survey; 2000; Olson, L., Srinath, K. P., Burich, M. C.
- Electronic Surveys: A Comparison of E-mail, Web and Mail; 2000; Smee, A., Brennan, M.
- Cognitive Issues In The Design Of Web Surveys; 2000; Tourangeau, R., Couper, M. P.
- Design Issues In Web Surveys; 2000; Vehovar, V., Lozar Manfreda, K., Batagelj, Z.
- Data collected on the Web; 2000; Vehovar, V., Lozar Manfreda, K., Batagelj, Z.
- Some Experimental Surveys on the WWW Environments in Japan; 2000; Yoshimura, O., Ohsumi, N.
- Modeling the Respondents' Profile in a Web Survey on Firms in Italy; 2000; Biffignandi, S., Pratesi, M.
- Web-based surveys: Programming, methodology, statistical significance; 2000; Heckman, J. E.
- Web survey design with active server pages: A new research method; 2000; Liu, C., Armstrong, G., Lee, D., Lu, J.
- Technology effects: Interview duration in CAPI and paper and pencil surveys; 2000; Fuchs, M., Couper, M. P., Hansen, S. E.
- Online Research: The Methodology for the Next Millennium; 1999; Nadilo, R.
- Principles for the Design of Web Surveys: A Review of Current Practices and the Need for Change; 1999; Dillman, D. A., Bowker, D.
- Use of web-based GSS tools for research data collection; 1999; Mittleman, D., LePoire, D. J.
- Web Surveys: Can The Weighting Solve The Problem?; 1999; Vehovar, V., Lozar Manfreda, K., Batagelj, Z.