Web Survey Bibliography
Title Certified nurse-midwife and physician collaborative practice. Piloting a Survey on the Internet
Author Miller, S., King, T., Lurie, P., Choitz, P.
Source Journal of Nurse-Midwifery, 42, 4, 308-315
Access date 20.07.2004
Abstract This pilot study was designed to describe the clinical areas of collaboration, financial structures, and sources of conflict for certified nurse-midwives (CNMs) involved in nurse-midwife and physician collaborative practice (CP). A questionnaire was posted on an electronic bulletin board maintained by the Community-Based Nurse Midwifery Education Program of the Frontier School of Nursing. The nonrandom, convenience sample consisted of 78 respondents. Their mean age was 42 years; they had been in practice for a mean of 10 years, and 56% had graduate degrees. Eighty-nine percent reported involvement in CP. Eighty-three percent co-managed higher-risk women, and 46% performed vacuum-assisted deliveries or were first assistants at cesarean sections. Forty-eight percent of CNMs did not bill in their own names, and only 12% had full hospital privileges. The most common sources of conflict in CPs were clinical practice issues (100% ever encountered), power inequities (92%), financial issues (66%), and gender relations (58%). Collaborative practice is a common form of practice for CNMs and suggests a model for collaboration in other sectors of the health care system. Future research should explore methods of reducing the potential for conflict between CNMs and physicians.
Bibliographic typeJournal article
Year of publication1997
Web Survey Bibliography (6797)
- The influence of Alternative Visual Designs on Respondents' Performance with Branching Instructions...; 2002; Redline, C. D., Dillman, D. A.
- The use of incentives to reduce nonresponse household surveys; 2002; Singer, E.
- Ethnical guidelines for internet research; 2002
- Statistical Analysis with Missing Data (2nd Ed.); 2002; Little, R. J., Rubin, D. B.
- Do argumentation tasks promote conceptual change about volcanoes?; 2002; Hemmerich, J., Wiley, J.
- WEXTOR: A Web-based tool for generating and visualizing experimental designs and procedures; 2002; Reips, U. -D., Neuhaus, C.
- WeXtor 2.5: Develop, manage, and visualize experimental designs and procedures; 2002; Reips, U. -D., Blumer, T., Neuhaus, C.
- Studying hate crime with the Internet: What makes racist advocate racial violence?; 2002; Glaser, J., Dixit, J., Green, D. P.
- Designing a Strategy for Reducing “No Opinion” Responses in Web-Based Surveys; 2002; de Rouvray, C., Couper, M. P.
- Interactive aspects of web surveys: Modeling and clarifying users ' understanding of questions; 2002; Conrad, F. G.
- Cognitive processes when answering online questionnaires; 2002; Fuchs, M.
- Using client side paradata to evaluate respondent behavior in Web surveys; 2002; Heerwegh, D.
- Doec propensity score weighting work for Web Surveys; 2002; Forsman, G., Varedian, M.
- Visual design issues in Web surveys; 2002; Couper, M. P.
- Results from cognitive interviews of nsf earned doctorate Web survey; 2002; Altheimer, I., Dillman, D. A.
- Conducting Survey Research Through an Enhanced Online Web Survey Procedure ; 2002; Theuri, P. M., Turner, L. D.
- Community views on crime and policing: Survey mode effects on bias in community surveys; 2002; Hennigan, K. M., Maxson, C. L., Sloane, D., Ranney, M.
- Private e-mail requests and the diffusion of responsibility; 2002; Barron, G., Yechiam, E.
- Ethical decision-making and Internet research: Recommendations from the aoir ethics working committee...; 2002; Ess, C., AoIR
- Getting results from online surveys – Reflections on a personal journey; 2002; McCalla, R. A.
- The Use of Web-Based International Surveys In Information Systems Research; 2002; Lang, M.
- The Internet as a Research Tool: Worth the Price of Admission?; 2002; Lenert, L. A., Skoczen, S.
- OnQ: An Authoring Tool for Dynamic Online Surveys; 2002; Pargas, R. P., , Brand, L., Hochrine, C., Staton, M.
- July 2002 Status of Forces Survey of Active-Duty Members: Tabulations of Responses; 2002
- Conducting online research and evaluation; 2002; Zimitat, C., Crebert, G.
- Problemas conductuales relacionados con el uso de Internet: Un estudio exploratorio.; 2002; De Gracia Blanco1, M., Anglada, M. V., Fernández Pérez, M. J., Marcó Arbonès, M.
- World Wide Web-gestützte Befragungen in der empirischen Sozialforschung: Ein Erfahrungsbericht; 2002; Pannewitz, J.
- Online Student Evaluation of Instruction: An Investigation of Non-Response Bias; 2002; Thorpe, S. W.
- Do Response Rates and Responses Differ between Mail and Internet Answers in a Mixed Mode Survey?; 2002; Etter, R.
- Internet-Based Survey Research: Small- and Large-Scale Research for Business Decisions; 2002; Hollenbeck, A. R.
- Mixed Mode Surveying: A Comparison of Paper-questionnaries and Web-questionnariess; 2002; Bäckström, C., Nilsson, C.
- Web-based data collection: Ethical and practical considerations; 2002; Sedivy, S. K., Brondino, M. J.
- Collecting Information via the Web; 2002; Porter, S. R., Roy, M.
- The American Internet User Survey; 2002; Campbell, D., Finer, S.
- Trends in the Internet Population and Internet Research; 2002; MacEvoy, B.
- I/PRO's Vision on the Present and Future of Web Measurement; 2002; Poler, A.
- The Impact Of Demographics On Choice Of Survey Modes: Demographics Distinctiveness Between Web-Based...; 2002; Datta, P., Walsh, K., Terrell, D.
- Online Surveys - An Useful Internet; 2002; Anonymous
- The propensity score and estimation in nonrandom surveys - an overview; 2002; Danielsson, S.
- Surveys Support IT Decision Making in Higher Education; 2002; Berger, C.
- Access Web Surveys; 2002; Presley, K. E.
- Web Surveys to Digital Movies: Technological Tools of the Trade; 2002; Fetterman, D. M.
- From Paper-and-Pencil to Screen-and-Keyboard: An Empirical Assessment of Equivalence Issues in Internet...; 2002; Deutskens, E., de Ruyter, K., Wetzels, M.
- Designing Web Surveys; 2002; Wise, L.
- Using a Database Web Survey To Manage Student Feedback About Courses: Building a Learning Community...; 2002; Gray, K., Allan, G.
- Email für Direktkandidaten. Erfahrungen mit Email-Befragungen unter Direktkandidaten bei Landtagswahlen...; 2002; Faas, T.
- Using the Content of Online Privacy Notices to Inform Public Policy: A Longitudinal Analysis of the...; 2002; Milne, G. R., Culnan, M. J.
- Examining Online Instruction in Undergraduate Nursing Education; 2002; Christianson, L., Tiene, D., Luft, P.
- Surveys in Social Research (Social Research Today); 2002; de Vaus, D.