Web Survey Bibliography
Title Dangerous drug adulteration - an international survey of drug dealers using the Internet and the World Wide Web (WWW)
Author Coomber, R.
Source International Journal on Drug Policy, 8, 2, pp. 71-81
Access date 20.07.2004
Full text doc (122k)
Abstract An international sample of 80 drug dealers from 14 different countries were accessed and surveyed via the Internet on their practices of 'cutting' (adulterating/diluting) the drugs they sold. Having already established in prior research based primarily on the UK that the cutting of street drugs with dangerous substances is rare (if indeed it happens at all) and that in fact far less cuttipg of drugs with any substance by drug dealers actually occurs than is commonly thought this research sought to explore the generalisability of these findings across borders and continents. Indicative, and supportive findings, almov wholly consistent with the UK research which preceded it suggest that this is indeed the case. The issue of how to ensure anonymity on the Internet from vulnerable research groups is also briefly discussed.
Access/Direct link DrugText (full text)
Year of publication1997
Bibliographic typeJournal article
Web Survey Bibliography (6476)
- Triangulation: Three Modes Measuring HIV-Related Knowledge and Stigma in the U.S; 2002; Fichtner, R., Knight, S., Lentine, D.
- Using Online Surveys to Reduce Survey Costs, Deliver Real Time Results and Better Meet Customer Preferences...; 2002; Sprague, S.
- Delivering Global Customer Satisfaction through A Web Enabled Survey Process at NCR; 2002; Gerrard, M.
- Weaving Web Surveys that Work; 2002; Nucifora, A.
- Mode Effects for Collecting Alcohol and Other Drug Use Data: Web and U.S. Mail; 2002; Crawford, S. D., d'Arcy, H., McCabe, S. E., Couper, M. P., Boyd, C. J.
- The Mouse or the Pencil? A Psychometric Comparison of Web-Based and Traditional Survey Methodologies; 2002; Mertler, C. A., Earley, M. A.
- An Empirical Investigation of Antecedents of B2B Websites' Effectiveness; 2002; Chakraborty, G., Lala, V., Warren, D.
- Web Survey Say....; 2002; Anonymous
- BCE & AXA Overcome Access and Confidentiality Hurdles to Web Surveys; 2002; Anonymous
- Principia Makes Web Form Design Easier; 2002; Anonymous
- Methodologies for crawler based Web surveys; 2002; Thelwall, M.
- Introduction to the Application of Web-Based Surveys; 2002; Timmerman, A.
- Web based methodologies and techniques to monitor electronic resources use in university libraries; 2002; Civardi, M., Maffenini, W., Zavarrone, E.
- Improving Quality of Surveys; 2002; Marker, D.
- Satisfaction Scales in a CAWI Survey on University Teaching Evaluation; 2002; Fabbris, L.
- Identifying and Reducing the Response Burden in Internet Business Surveys; 2002; Haraldsen, G., Roll-Hansen, D., Notnes, T.
- Evaluation of a Questionnaire Design for Dependent Interviewing in a Web Survey; 2002; Hoogendoorn, A.
- Using the Multimedia Capabilities of Web-Enabled Probability-Based Survey Methodology to Gather Vaccination...; 2002; McCready, W. C., Dennis, J. M., Thalji, L.
- Web as questionnaire designing tool: Is there a limit?; 2002; Lozar Manfreda, K., Hlebec, V., Vehovar, V.
- Usability Testing of Web Data Collection Instruments; 2002; Wiebe, E. F., Thalji, L.
- Conducting Research Surveys via E-mail and the Web; 2002; Schonlau, M., Elliot, M. N., Fricker, R. D.
- Mobile phone in sample surveys; 2002; Roy, G., Vanheuverzwyn, A.
- Effects of Mobile Phones on Telephone Survey Practice and Results; 2002; Kuusela, V., Simpanen, M.
- A comparison of World-Wide Web and paper-and-pencil personality questionnaires; 2002; Pettit, F. A.
- Response rate, speed, and completeness: A comparison of Internet-based and mail surveys; 2002; Truell, A. D., Bartlett, J. E., Alexander, M. W.
- From Mail to Web: Improving Response Rates and Data Collection Efficiencies; 2002; Crawford, S. D., McCabe, S. E., Couper, M. P., Boyd, C. J.
- Integrating paper and web instrument development to enhance efficiency and standardization; 2002; House, C. C.
- Composite Estimators for Complex Sampling; 2002; Nicolini, G., Presti, A. L.
- AESDirect. Internet Data Collection of U.S. Export Information; 2002; Horner, G. J.
- A Comparison Between Mail and Web Surveys: Response Pattern, Respondent Profile, and Data Quality; 2002; Kwak, N., Radler, B.T.
- Beyond logs and surveys: In-depth measures of people's Web use skills; 2002; Hargittai, E.
- Problems Confronting Japanese Marketing Research Industry: Report of Attitude Study Findings from Research...; 2002; Kobayashi, K.
- Have Telephone Surveys a Future in the 21-th century?; 2002; de Leeuw, E. D., Lepkowski, J. M., Kim, S. -W.
- Employing a mixed-mode qualitative research method prior to conducting quantitative research; 2002; Metzler, D. P., Davis, P. C.
- Evaluation of neural networks to detect suspicious answers in attitude and evaluation research; 2002; Martini, M. C.
- Design of Web Survey Questionnaires: Three Basic Experiments; 2002; Lozar Manfreda, K., Batagelj, Z., Vehovar, V.
- Do it yourself, Web-style; 2002; Glowa, T.
- Using phone methods in a digital age; 2002; Fitzgerald, A.
- Designing a Strategy for Reducing "No Opinion" Responses in Web-Based Surveys; 2002; de Rouvray, C., Couper, M. P.
- Characteristics of the Discussion in Online and Face-to-Face Focus Groups; 2002; Schneider, S. J., Kerwin, J., Frechtling, J., Vivari, B. A.
- Get your conjoint online, in several flavors; 2002; Deal, K.
- Think before you dial; 2002; Gillin, D. L.
- Developing and validating an instrument for measuring user-perceived web quality; 2002; Aladwani, A. M., Palvia, P. C.
- Post-industrial transformations and cyber-space: a cross-national analysis of Internet development; 2002; Robison, K. K., Crenshaw, E. M.
- Effect of trust on customer acceptance of Internet banking; 2002; Suh, B., Han, I.
- Calling all customers; 2002; Long, J., Whinston, A. B., Tomak, K.
- Citizen Surveys on the Web: General Population Surveys of Community Opinion; 2002; Miller, T. I., Miller Kobayashi, M., Caldwell, E., Thurston, S., Collett, B.
- Methods of Internet data collection and implications for recruiting respondents; 2002; Roos, M.
- Online, but on target? Internet-based MBA courses; 2002; McGorry, S. Y.
- An Internet survey for perceptions of computers and the World Wide Web: relationship, prediction, and...; 2002; Shu Shenga, L.