Web Survey Bibliography
Title Dangerous drug adulteration - an international survey of drug dealers using the Internet and the World Wide Web (WWW)
Author Coomber, R.
Source International Journal on Drug Policy, 8, 2, pp. 71-81
Access date 20.07.2004
Full text doc (122k)
Abstract An international sample of 80 drug dealers from 14 different countries were accessed and surveyed via the Internet on their practices of 'cutting' (adulterating/diluting) the drugs they sold. Having already established in prior research based primarily on the UK that the cutting of street drugs with dangerous substances is rare (if indeed it happens at all) and that in fact far less cuttipg of drugs with any substance by drug dealers actually occurs than is commonly thought this research sought to explore the generalisability of these findings across borders and continents. Indicative, and supportive findings, almov wholly consistent with the UK research which preceded it suggest that this is indeed the case. The issue of how to ensure anonymity on the Internet from vulnerable research groups is also briefly discussed.
Access/Direct link DrugText (full text)
Bibliographic typeJournal article
Year of publication1997
Web Survey Bibliography (6797)
- Time Related Inconsistencies in Global Online Panels; 2010; Gittelman, S. H., Trimarchi, E.
- Study of Non-Probability Sample Internet Surveys' Estimates of Consumer Product Usage and Demographic...; 2010; Yeager, D. S., Carter, A., Tewoldemedhin, H., Krosnick, J. A.
- Nonresponse Bias and the Impact of Incentives in a Survey of Physician Members of a Professional Organization...; 2010; Buttermore, N. R.
- Economic or Social Exchange: Examining the Effects of Different Incentive Amounts in a Panel Study; 2010; Boulianne, S. J.
- The Effectiveness of an Interactive Web Survey in Decreasing Satisficing and Social Desirability Bias...; 2010; Walejko, G. K.
- Response Behaviors in Self-Administered Multiple Questionnaire Surveys; 2010; Lacey, J. N., Ramirez, C. M.
- Experimental Tests on Response Rates in Student Web Surveys: What Works and What Doesn’t; 2010; Bloom, J. D.
- Web Surveys when Databases have Incomplete Email Records: The Impact of Modifying the Method of Respondent...; 2010; Elasmar, M. G.
- An Experiment to Test the Feasibility and Quality of a Web-Based Questionnaire of Teachers; 2010; Jacob, R., Scott, L., Rowan, B.
- Web Questionnaire Usage in an Establishment Survey; 2010; Harris, S. J., Biemer, P. P., Penne, M. A.
- Visual vs. Aural Surveys: Examining the Similarities and Differences Between Survey Modes; 2010; Stapleton, C.
- Emulating Interviewers in an Online Survey: Experimental Manipulation of ‘Do-Not-Know’ Over...; 2010; Hox, J.
- The Effectiveness of Multiple Modes Among Young Adults; 2010; Anderson-Knott, M., Jorgensen, S., Armitage, J.
- Mode Effect Analysis: Paper respondents vs. Web respondents in the 2004-05 Teacher Follow-up Survey; 2010; Aritomi, T., Hill, J.
- Long-Term Efficacy of Sequential Mixed-Mode Designs on Response Rates and Cost in a Panel Survey; 2010; Levenstein, R. M., Barber, J. S., Gatny, H. H.
- Probability of Selecting Response Mode Between Paper- and Web-Based Options: Logistic Model Based on...; 2010; Murray, M.
- Impact of Monetary Incentives and Web Survey Option in the 2008 National Survey of Recent College Graduates...; 2010; Heaviside, S., Jang, D., Mooney, G., Barrett, K., Kang, K. H.
- Response Mode and Bias Analysis in the IRS' Individual Taxpayer Burden Survey; 2010; Masken, K., Contos, G., Nord, R., Brick, J. M.
- Diversity of Methods: Assessment of Quantitative and Qualitative Research Multiplier Effects.; 2010; Ballou, J., Roff, B., Anderson, M.
- Potentials and Constraints of Propensity Score Weighting to Improve Web Survey Quality; 2010; Steinmetz, S., Tijdens, K.
- Differences in Length of Survey Administration between Spanish-Language and English- Language Survey...; 2010; Wells, T., Vidalon, M., DiSogra, C.
- Completing Web Surveys on Smart Phones; 2010; Dayton, J. J., Freedner, N., Hannah, K.
- Early Stage Scoping: Building High Quality Survey Instruments Without High Costs; 2010; Stettler, K., Featherston, F.
- Effects of Personalization, Length and Choice of Mode on Cooperation Rates for Mixed Mode Recontact...; 2010; Steiger, D. M., Chattopadhyay, M., Royal, D.
- A Comparison of Web and Mail Survey Respondents Within a Mixed Mode National Survey; 2010; Shin, E., Johnson, T. P., Rao, K.
- Tracing Young Adults for a Telephone/Web Survey; 2010; Phillips, B. T.
- Does Providing a Choice of Survey Modes Influence Response?; 2010; Lesser, V. M., Newton, L., Yang, D.
- Incorporating a Web Option in a Two-Phase Mail Survey; 2010; Brick, P. D., Cantor, D., Han, D., Aponte, M.
- Improving Response to Mail and Web Mixed-Mode Surveys: The Effects of Offering Choice on Survey Response...; 2010; Millar, M. M., Dillman, D. A.
- Grappling with Grids: How Does Question Format Affect Data Quality and Respondent Engagement?; 2010; Grandmont, J., Graff, B., Goetzinger, L., Dorbecker, K.
- Does Familiarity Breed Contempt? Measuring and Comparing Survey Attitude Among New and Repeat Respondents...; 2010; de Leeuw, E. D.
- The Influence of Response Sets on the Results and Quality of Multivariant Analyses; 2010; Jandura, O., Brosius, H.-B.
- Non-Internet Households Who Were Given Internet Access to Participate in an Online Panel: Where Do They...; 2010; Scherpenzeel, A., Vis, C., de Vos, K., Leenheer, J.
- Kids' Life and Times: Using the Internet to Give Children a Voice; 2010; Lloyd, K.
- How to Improve Response Rates to Web Surveys: Practical Guidance Based on Theory and Experimentation; 2010; Dillman, D. A., Millar, M. M., Messer, B. L.
- Participant Dropout as a Function of Survey Length in Internet-Mediated University Studies: Implications...; 2010; Hoerger, M.
- Internet Access: Is Everyone Online Yet and Can We Survey Them There?; 2010; Smith, C., Spitz, G.
- Web Surveys; 2010; Wang, T.
- Panel management in a mixed-mode (Web/mobile) research world ; 2010; Townsend, L.
- How attrition/conditioning effects impact response bias in online panels ; 2010; Gittelmam, S. H., Trimarchi, E.
- Take these steps to build your research on a solid foundation ; 2010; Hardy, M.
- Thoughts on the rise and future of online research ; 2010; Day, D.
- Testing the Applicability of Respondent Driven Sampling as an Online Research Method to Sample Hidden...; 2010; Pajak, D.
- Seriousness Checks are Useful to Improve Data Validity in Online Research; 2010; Diedenhofen, D., Aust, F., Ullrich, S., Musch, J.
- Enrichment of Qualitative Research through Online Approaches: New Insights due to Online CoCreation...; 2010; Krischke-Ramaswamy, M., Knorr, H.
- Developing and Evaluating a Student Online Panel.; 2010; Stiglbauer, B., Gamsjäger, M., Gnambs, T., Batinic, B., Altrichter, H.
- Online Access Panels: A detailed look at different Ways of Entering, their Costs and Participation Behavior...; 2010; Führer, R., Keusch, F.
- Eye Tracking and Cognitive Interviewing: Steps to improve online questionnaires; 2010; Tries, S., Sattelberger, S.
- Trial by Ordeal, a medieval approach to a modern day problem; 2010; Cape, P., Cavallaro, K.
- How new engagement techniques and question approaches are revolutionizing online research data gathering...; 2010; Puleston, J.