Web Survey Bibliography
Title Dangerous drug adulteration - an international survey of drug dealers using the Internet and the World Wide Web (WWW)
Author Coomber, R.
Source International Journal on Drug Policy, 8, 2, pp. 71-81
Access date 20.07.2004
Full text doc (122k)
Abstract An international sample of 80 drug dealers from 14 different countries were accessed and surveyed via the Internet on their practices of 'cutting' (adulterating/diluting) the drugs they sold. Having already established in prior research based primarily on the UK that the cutting of street drugs with dangerous substances is rare (if indeed it happens at all) and that in fact far less cuttipg of drugs with any substance by drug dealers actually occurs than is commonly thought this research sought to explore the generalisability of these findings across borders and continents. Indicative, and supportive findings, almov wholly consistent with the UK research which preceded it suggest that this is indeed the case. The issue of how to ensure anonymity on the Internet from vulnerable research groups is also briefly discussed.
Access/Direct link DrugText (full text)
Year of publication1997
Bibliographic typeJournal article
Web Survey Bibliography (6356)
- Making small effects observable: Reducing error by using visual analogue scales; 2009; Funke, F., Reips, U. -D.
- Effects of incentives and the Big Five personality dimensions on internet panellists' ratings; 2009; Larson, A. J., Sachau, D. A.
- Best practices in mobile research; 2009; Zahariev, M., Ferneyhough, C., Ryan, C.
- Mobile interviewing; 2009; Lavine, S.
- Social networking: The future of online panels; 2009; Fadaghi, F.
- Web 2.0: Transformational technology or pretty gradients and hype?; 2009; August, S., Ewing, T., Hamelle, A., Ryan, L.
- How to be successful in co-creation research? The Swarovski innovation research community; 2009; Bilgram, V., Füller, J., Rieder, B.
- Innovative online research: The US presidential campaign of Barack Obama case study; 2009; Riley, R.
- Qualitative Research Online; 2009; Buckley, N., Dimoldenberg, S.
- Social Context of Online Research; 2009; Hardey, M., Beeftink, B.
- If Access Panels no Longer Offer the Solution What is the Future?; 2009; Case, S., Petit, F. C., Davis, H.
- Crowd Source data for the social sciences: Web based services and real-time geographic surveys; 2009; Hudson-Smith, A., Milton, R., Crooks, A., Batty, M.
- Using Mixed Modes to Create Broadly Representative Samples; 2009; Kennedy, G., Harmon, C.
- A comparison of web-based and telephone surveys for assessing traffic safety concerns, beliefs, and...; 2009; Beck, K. H., Yan, A. F., Qi Wang, M.
- The Mode Effect in Mixed-Mode Surveys: Mail and Web Surveys; 2009; Börkan, B.
- Comparison of ability tests administered online and in the laboratory; 2009; Marten Ihme, J., Lemke, F., Lieder, K., Martin, F., Müller, J. C., Schmidt, S.
- Design of Web Questionnaires: The Effect of Layout in Rating Scales; 2009; Toepoel, V., Das, M., van Soest, A.
- The Impact of Textual Messages of Encouragement on Web Survey Breakoffs: An Experiment ; 2009; Sakshaug, J. W., Crawford, S. D.
- The Coverage Bias of Mobile Web Surveys Across European Countries ; 2009; Fuchs, M., Busse, B.
- Item non-response rates: a comparison of online and paper questionnaires ; 2009; Denscombe, M.
- Surveys in Sociology Research; 2009; Wienclaw, R. A.
- Young people, the Internet and Political Participation: Findings of a web survey in Italy, Spain and...; 2009; Calenda, D., Meijer, A.
- Using mobile phones for survey research A comparison with fixed phones ; 2009; Vicente, P., Reis, E., Santos, R.
- A Comparison of Different Survey Periods in Online Surveys of Persons with Eating Disorders and Their...; 2009; Wesemann, D., Grunwald, A., Grunwald, M.
- A Comparison of Web-Based and Paper-Based Survey Methods Testing Assumptions of Survey Mode and Response...; 2009; Greenlaw, C., Brown-Welty, S.
- Building and managing an online panel with phpPanelAdmin; 2009; Goeritz, A.
- Interactivity in self-administered surveys. Influence on respondents' experience; 2009; Suarez Vazquez, A., Garcia Rodriguez, N., Alvarez, M. B.
- Relating Question Type to Panel Conditioning: A comparison between trained and fresh respondents; 2009; Toepoel, V., Das, M., van Soest, A.
- Selecting techniques for use in an internet survey; 2009; B., Han, V., Albaum, G., Thirkell, P.Wiley, J. B.
- New techniques in online research: challenges for research ethics ; 2009; Eynon, R., Schroeder, M., Fry, J.
- Designing Effective Web Survey Forms; 2009; Mitchell, J.
- Web based macroseismic survey: fast information exchange and elaboration of seismic intensity effects...; 2009; De Rubeis, V., Sbarra P., Sorrentino, D., Tosi, P.
- The Effects of the Initial Mode of Contact on the Response Rate and Data Quality in an Internet-Based...; 2009; Wiseman, F.
- Doing Research in the Real World; 2009; Gray, D. E.
- Conducting Mobile Surveys: A Hands-on Introduction to an Innovative Research Mode; 2009; Pferdekämper, T., Melcher, T.
- Internet-based surveys and urban design education: A community outreach graduate project in Redding,...; 2009; del Rio, V., Levi, D.
- Exploration of secondary students’ creativity by integrating web-based technology into an innovative...; 2009; Jang, S.- J.
- An experimental mixed mode design on a general population survey ; 2009; Eva, G.
- Does Response Rate Matter? Journal Editors Use of Survey Quality Measures in Manuscript Publication...; 2009; Carley-Baxter, L. R., Hill, C., Roe, D. J., Twiddy, S. E., Baxter, R. K., Ruppenkamp, J.
- Declining Working Phone Rates Impact Sample Efficiency; 2009; Piekarski, L.
- Using Non-Probability Samples for Confusion Surveys - Mall Intercepts and the Internet; 2009; Ericksen, E. P.
- Using Debit Cards for Incentive Payments: Experiences of a Weekly Survey Study; 2009; Gatny, H. H., Couper, M. P., Axinn, W., Barber, J. S.
- Characteristics of Cell Phone Only, Listed, and Unlisted Telephone Households; 2009; Tarnai, J., , Schultz, R.Moore, D.
- Cell Phone-Only Households: A Good Target for Internet Surveys?; 2009; Bates, N.
- Nonsampling Error Research in Practice; 2009; Brick, J. M., Kalton, G.
- Total Survey Error: Past, Present, Future; 2009; Groves, R. M.
- Envisioning the Survey Interview of the Future ; 2009; Conrad, F. G., Schober, M. F.
- Metrics for panel contribution: a non probabilistic platform; 2009; Gittelmam, S. H., Trimarchi, E.
- Are telephone Surveys a dying bread. How declining response rates can be explained and resolved; 2009; Degen, M., Obermüller, A., Schielicke, A.-M.
- Relation between values and topic of a survey in internet panel research; 2009; Vis, C., Marchand, M.