Web Survey Bibliography
Title Attitudes of Business Faculty Towards Two Methods of Collecting Teaching Evaluations: Paper vs. Online
Source Assessment & Evaluation in Higher Education, 27, 5, pp. 455-462
Database Ingenta Select
Access date 20.07.2004
Abstract Business professors were surveyed to determine their attitudes towards two methods of collecting students' teaching evaluations of faculty—the traditional paper-and-pencil method conducted in class and the online method conducted via the Internet. Faculty preferred the traditional paper method, mainly because they believed it would produce a higher and more accurate response than the online method. Faculty characteristics were examined to determine whether they were related to attitudes towards the online method of collecting teaching evaluations. No characteristics were found to be significantly associated with attitudes towards the online method. Suggestions for future researchers are offered.
Access/Direct link Ingenta Select (full text)
Year of publication2002
Bibliographic typeJournal article
Web Survey Bibliography - Psychological issues (233)
- A Comparison of Ranking versus Rating in Online Surveys; 2004; Thomas, R. K.
- Researching shyness: a contradiction in terms?; 2004; Scott, S.
- Attachment Style and Subjective Motivations for Sex; 2004; Davis, D., Shaver, P. R., Vernon, M. L.
- Examinig Variety in Organizational Behavior Research: Psychological Differences Between Respondents...; 2004; Mestdagh, S., Buelens, M.
- Internet-Based Experiments: Prospects and Possibilities for Behavioral Accounting Research; 2004; Bryant, S. M., Hunton, J. E., Stone, D. N.
- Psychological Research Online; 2004; Kraut, R., Olson, J., Banaji, M., Bruckman, A., Cohen, J., Couper, M. P.
- Human Research And Data Collection Via The Internet; 2004; Birnbaum, M. H.
- Psychological Testing on the Internet: New Problems, Old Issues; 2004; Naglieri, J. A., Drasgow, F., Schmit, M., Handler, L., Prifitera, A., Margolis, A., Velasquez, R.
- The antecedents of consumers' loyalty toward Internet Service Providers; 2004; Chiou, J. -S.
- The impact on interviewee behavior caused by audiovisual online-communication answering sensitive questions...; 2004; Muehlenfeld, H. -U.
- Are online-offline differences in personality test scores due to increased self-disclosure?; 2004; Buchanan, T., Joinson, A. N.
- Should We Trust Web-Based Studies? A Comparative Analysis of Six Preconceptions About Internet Questionnaires...; 2004; Gosling, S. D., Vazire, S., Srivastava, S., John, O. P.
- Survey Response Behavior Shirking in Internet and Telephone Surveys; 2003; VanBeselaere, C.
- Psychologische Forschung zum und im Internet; 2003; Reips, U. -D.
- Is the Applicability of Web-Based Surveys for Academic Research limited to the Field of Information...; 2003; Roztocki, N., Lahri, N. A.
- Patterns of Drug Use and the Influence of Gender on Self-Reports of Memory Ability in Ecstasy Users:...; 2003; Rodgers, J., Buchanan, T., Scholey, A. B., Heffernan, T. M., Ling, J., Parrott, A. C.
- Internet Use and Misuse: Preliminary Findings from a New Assessment Instrument; 2003; Rotunda, R. J., Kass, S. J., Sutton, M. A., Leon, D. T.
- Show Your Real Face: A Fan Study of the UK Big Brother Transmissions (2000, 2001, 2002). Investigating...; 2003; Jones, J. M.
- Express: A Web-based technology to support human and computational experimentation; 2003; Yule, P., Cooper, R.P.
- The Use of the Internet in Psychological Research: Comparison of Online and Offline Questionnaires; 2003; Riva, R., Teruzzi, T., Anolli, L.
- Internet-based Questionnaire Assessment: Appropriate Use in Clinical Contexts; 2003; Buchanan, T.
- Digital Makeover; 2003; Sloane, J.
- Survey tools take employees' pulse instantly; 2003; Gunsauley, C.
- Internet Research: An Opportunity to Revisit Classic Ethical Problems in Behavioral Research; 2003; Pittenger, D. J.
- Presenting and Monitoring a Gender-Defined Self on the Internet; 2003; Samp, J. A., Wittenberg, E. M., Gillett, D. L.
- Best practices in employee surveying: A practitioner's perspective; 2003; Jepsen, D. M., Langford, P.
- Waiting online: a review and research agenda; 2003; Ryan, G., Valverde, M.
- A Comparison of the Psychometric Qualities of Surveys Administered by Web and Traditional Methods; 2003; Mertler, C. A., Earley, M. A.
- Validating Internet research: A test of the psychometric equivalence of Internet and in-person samples...; 2003; Meyerson, P., Tryon, W. W.
- Web-based research: Methodological variables' effects on dropout and sample characteristics; 2003; O'Neil, K. M., Penrod, S. D., Bornstein, B. H.
- Open-ended vs. Close-ended Questions in Web Questionnaires; 2003; Reja, U., Lozar Manfreda, K., Hlebec, V., Vehovar, V.
- Submit, Resist, or Subvert?: Organization Members’ Responses to Electronic Surveillance; 2003; Coopman, S., Watkins Allen, M., Hart, J.
- An empirical study on the adoption of information appliances with a focus on interactive TV; 2003; Choi, H., Choi, M., Kim, J., Yu, H.
- Humanizing self-administered surveys: experiments on social presence in web and IVR surveys; 2003; Tourangeau, R., Couper, M. P., Stegier, D.M.Steiger, D. M.; de Rouvray, C.
- Using Internet-Based Surveys With Physicians, What Works and What Doesn't Work; 2003; Schneiderman, M., Thran, S., Adams, C., Lerner, B.
- Psychological Research Online: Opportunities and Challenges; 2003; Kraut, R., Olson, J., Banaji, M., Bruckman, A., Cohen, J., Couper, M. P.
- The Impact of Lottery Incentives on Student Survey Response Rates; 2003; Whitcomb, M. E., Porter, S. R.
- Online longitudinal survey research. Validity and participation; 2002; Hiskey, S., Troop, N. A.
- E-Research: Ethics, security, design, and control in psychological research on the Internet; 2002; Banaji, M., Greenwald, A., Nosek, B.
- July 2002 Status of Forces Survey of Active-Duty Members: Tabulations of Responses; 2002
- Web-based data collection: Ethical and practical considerations; 2002; Sedivy, S. K., Brondino, M. J.
- Standards for Internet-Based Experimenting; 2002; Reips, U. -D.
- Rape Myth Acceptance and Judgments of Vulnerability to Sexual Assault: An Internet Experiment; 2002; Bohner, G., Danner, U. N., Siebler, F., Samson, G. B.
- Measuring Differences in Preactivation on the Internet: The Content Category Superiority Effect; 2002; Eichstaedt, J.
- Internet Experts' Planning of Explanations for Laypersons: A Web Experimental Approach in the Internet...; 2002; Nueckles, M., Bromme, R.
- Time Measurement And Pre-testing In On-line-Questionnaires; 2002; Mueller, J., Reimer, M.
- Using the Internet for Organizational Research: A Study of Cynicism in the Workplace; 2002; Eaton, M. A. J., Struthers, C. V.
- Internet-based Survey Research in the U.S. Navy; 2002; Olmsted, M. G.
- Attitudes of Business Faculty Towards Two Methods of Collecting Teaching Evaluations: Paper vs. Online...; 2002; Dommeyer, C. J., Baum, P., Chapman, K.S., Hanna, R.W.
- Network ethnography and the hypermedia organization: new media, new organizations, new methods; 2002; Howard, P. N.