Web Survey Bibliography
There are more than 18 million Internet users in Japan, according to an April 1999 study by Nikkei NetBusiness. Women account for 35.6 percent of these users, and 21.7 percent of all users have experimented with e-commerce. The findings are based on two surveys: a postal survey of 6,700 Japanese Internet users between the ages of 15 and 59, with a response rate of 73.6 percent, and a Web survey. The Web survey alone found that women accounted for half of all users and that almost half of all users have engaged in e-commerce. The postal survey found that the average user shopped online 2.82 times per year, while the Web survey said this figure was 3.76 times per year. The postal survey found the average value of an online purchase to be US$282; according to the Web survey, the average value is over US$325.
Web Survey Bibliography - Japan (20)
- Tracking preference expression (DNT); 2012
- Selection bias of internet panel surveys: A comparison with a paper-based survey and national governmental...; 2012; Tsuboi, S. et al.
- Using Internet Survey to Evaluate the Effects of E-Government: The Case of Taiwan's Tax Return Filing...; 2012; Huang, T., Chung, P. L., Naiyi, H.
- Development of a Web-Based Survey for Monitoring Daily Health and its Application in an Epidemiological...; 2011; Sugiura, H., Ohkusa, Y., Akahane, M., Sano, T., Okabe, N., Imamura, T.
- Elaborate Item Count Questioning: Why Do People Underreport in Item Count Responses?; 2010; Hirai, Y., Tsuchiya, T.
- Propensity Score Adjustment for Web Survey of Voting Behavior: A Case in Japan; 2009; Kobayashi, T.
- A study of the properties of the item count technique; 2007; Tsuchiya, T., Hirai, Y., Ono, S.
- A Study on Technical and Cultural Differences in Survey Methodology Between Japan and the United States...; 2007; Matsumoto, W.
- The Dynamics of Happiness: Evidence from Daily Panel Data; 2007; Kimball, M. S., Tsutsui, Y., Ohtake, F.
- Self-orientation and group-orientation: Intercultural differences in attitudes toward personalized Web...; 2005; Wernher, I., Nerb, J.
- Can Internet Surveys be Used for Social Surveys? : Results of an Experimental Study; 2004; Honda, N., Motokawa, A.
- Development of web-based qualitative and quantitative data collection systems: Study on daily symptoms...; 2004; Kanzaki, H., Makimoto, K., Takemura, T., Ashida, N.
- Mode effects on data quality in mixed mode self-administered paper, on-line and e-mail panel; 2004; Stangl, A.
- Adjusting Responses in a Nonprobability Web Panel Survey by the Propensity Score-weighting; 2004; Yoshimura, O.
- Ethnographic research on the experience of Japanese elderly people online; 2003; Kanayama, T.
- Problems Confronting Japanese Marketing Research Industry: Report of Attitude Study Findings from Research...; 2002; Kobayashi, K.
- Japan Has 18 Million Internet Users; 20 Pct. Tried E-Commerce; 1999; Nikkei NetBusiness
- The Online Survey in Japan: An Evaluation of Emerging Methodologies; 1999; Ohsumi, N., Yoshimura, O.
- Effects of different types of images on the understanding of stories: basic research to develop Japanese...; 1999; Ikeda, N.
- PHS: Revolutionizing personal communication in Japan; 1996; Ishii, K.